Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anus-ley's video on obstructions (pretty decent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anus-ley's video on obstructions (pretty decent)

Just thought I'd share Anus-ley's video on obstructions at https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/30/...n-obstruction/

As a student of the game I reckon they should do more of these as it's useful to know what various calls mean.

For example I never quite got the 'inside shoulder' thing. Particularly with clueless commentators using it as a chance to have a whinge, I always assumed it was just a weird technicality that was unfair but players sorta knew how to manage. Still think Anus-ley's a cheat but I respect that he knows the game and I enjoy watching this kinda content.

Interesting to watch but I still think that on the day that one bunker official will impose his own interpretation of the rule which will still divide opinion.

Also one thing I don't like is the attacking teams surrender tackle after the indiscretion has happened. Why should the attacking team play on from that point & gain an advantage.

Comment

Those decoy/block runners plays are rubbish - I would have ruled obstruction on both Fisher Harris and Kikau as they ran at the defenders and it should not matter if they tackled them or not nor that the ball was caught on the outside shoulder.

They are deliberately impeding the defenders as at no stage are they or will they be involved in any attacking play i,e catching/running/passing the ball - Ditto the second one as well with Suli

Kikau actually runs into the two defenders before Luai even catches the pass from Cleary which confirms the above.

It's ridiculous for the bunker then to say it was a defence error - total nonsense- it was always an obstruction until the coaches messed with the rules.

It is different if a ball carrier dummies to a player on his left or right and defenders tackle either of those players and the ball carrier continues on with the ball.- That is not an obstruction

The decoy/block runner rubbish is what happens when you give coaches too much say on creating and changing rules.

They moaned that they couldn't slow the play the ball down and the game was too fast so they allowed the third defender in/ wrestle/judo/dominate and surrender tackles etc rubbish and then they moaned it was too hard to score tries as the defence was too good so they allowed this decoy/block runner rubbish into the game.

Get rid of the decoy/block runners and the third defender in/ wrestle/judo/dominant/surrender tackle etc rubbish.
      Last edited by King Salvo; 05-31-2022, 02:02 AM.

Comment

It was like a match a few weeks back a player passed the ball loses it backwards and runs and picks it up- The ref rules a knock on which was then challenged.

The Bunker agrees the ball went backwards but since the player in question regathered the ball facing his try line (i.e he was in front of the ball ) instead of going behind the ball and then picking it up facing the opponents try line it was a knock on.

That still baffles me that decision as it did the commentators on the night.

They are making it up as they go along as they are with this decoy/block runners nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
          Interesting to watch but I still think that on the day that one bunker official will impose his own interpretation of the rule which will still divide opinion.

Also one thing I don't like is the attacking teams surrender tackle after the indiscretion has happened. Why should the attacking team play on from that point & gain an advantage.
          Agreed. To me it’s a voluntary tackle and still a penalty.

Where has the voluntary tackle rule gone anyway?
          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
          X