Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQUAD v RAIDERS

22 MAN SQUAD v RAIDERS

A really good win against a decent Sharks side last week. We played the best football in attack that I've seen from us this year by a loooong way. And that 1000 consecutive tackles on our line was spectacular, especially foillowed by JWH's try on our next set. Fabulous stuff. Yes, we had our usual hick-ups in defence, but I think (hope) at least some of that can be attributed to the reshuffle that occurred on the right as a result of Suaalii's head knock. I think we're still improving, and starting to look like our old selves. We need to keep heading in the right direction this week.

The Raiders were playing crap, and I was very keenly looking forward to this game - as a Canberra resident these days, I always look forward to this game - however, they have improved over the last 3 weeks, and are playing much better footy, albeit in fits & starts. They won't be easy beats, and both sides will be missing some key personnel on Origin duty. I'm hoping they miss Papali'i and Wighton more than we miss Teddy, Toops and Collins. The weather forecast for Sunday is horrible - showers with a max temp of 11. I'm glad I've got seats in the grandstand.

Forced changes this week are Manu to fullback, with Naiqama taking his right centre position. Smith on the left wing. Suaalii will be released from Origin camp to take his place on Sunday, pending concussion protocols. The extended bench gets a few new names this week with the aforementioned changes.

Am I alone in thinking May could play in the lock rotation until Rads comes back? We've got other options at prop. I know it's a little early to throw him in for big minutes, but gee there's a bit of footballer about him, and I reckon he could be a bit of a budget Yeo for us.

GO EASTS !!

ROOSTERS:
    1. Manu
    2. Smith
    3. Momirovski
    4. Naiqama
    5. Suaalii
    6. Walker
    7. Keary
    8. JWH
    9. Hutchison
    10. SST
    11. Crichton
    12. Tupouniua
    13. Butcher, Nat

INTERCHANGE:
    14. Watson
    15. Baker
    16. Butcher, E
    17. May

RESERVES:
    18. Lam
    19. DSF
    20. Keighran
    21. Carr
    22. Marschke

Anyone heading to the game this week? I'll be there with a bunch of my family, but I'm happy to meet up with fellow Chookpenners at some stage and say hi.
    Last edited by Waylander; 06-03-2022, 08:18 PM.

we're f'd with naiqama at centre

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
      we're f'd with naiqama at centre
      would rather Tom Carr or Keighran
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Was expecting to see Naiqama on the wing and Keighran at centre but the side looks good for the Origin period. Should win if we complete well.

Comment

naiqama's been good for us in firsts. i hear people have criticised his defence playing for the bears but he's been solid for us. still, not sure he'll play in the centres - might be less disruptive to play suaalii at wing and smith at centre but suaalii being closer to the action is a tantalising prospect

Comment

If the weather is anything like today in Canberra, god help our players and supporters.

Comment

Good looking team.

no excuses.

Comment

Not sure Robbo has been watching Norths, Naigama is a speed bump and Keighran has been killing it. He has bought some strange wingers over the years; Reece Robinson, Ryan Hall, Joe Burgess, Justin Carney

Comment

Might be smoke & mirrors. Keighran is on the extended bench & could conceivably come into the side, but I doubt it. Robbo often tweaks the starting side out of the 17, but doesn't too often dump a named starter for someone on the extended bench.

Comment

It will be interesting to see the Roosters go round without Teddy.
                    Watching the Sharks game, he does so many things - finishing off tries, try saving tackles, carting the ball up when we aren't making metres, linebreaks etc.
                    Can the rest of the team perform without him ?
                    Don't know, and I am beginning to think he is as important to the Roosters, as Turbo is for Manly.
                    Time will tell, but at least the Faiders are without Papalli & Wighton - traditionally the players that give the Roosters most trouble in their side.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
                      Not sure Robbo has been watching Norths, Naigama is a speed bump and Keighran has been killing it. He has bought some strange wingers over the years; Reece Robinson, Ryan Hall, Joe Burgess, Justin Carney
                      he also bought in Blake Ferguson and Brett Morris, I don’t think Justin Carney was at the club under Robbo?

Comment

For the record, playing for Norths on Sunday, Naiqama made 2 line breaks, 4 tackle breaks, 2 try assists, 1 line break assist & ran for 194m with 53pcm. 2 missed tackles. Keighran ran for 168m and scored 2 tries.

Here are the highlights:
                        NSW Cup Highlights | Bears v Rabbitohs Round 12 - NSWRL

For mine, Keighran looks like he's found some form, and Naiqama still makes some horrid defensive decisions.

Comment

Should I tell everyone the Roosters aren’t gonna win?
                          In all seriousness surely the Chooks can get over Canberra.
                          The games they should win they havnt been winning (Dogs, Souths, Dragons) & I put this game in that category.
                          The Chooks played strong against the Sharks last weekend & hopefully they play like that again against Canberra.
                          The Chooks have a better spine than Canberra so if the forwards dominate like last week then Keary, Walker, Hutch & Manu can weave their magic.

Comment

all you can hope for is last years next man up mentaility...
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Be an interesting game... I feel like losing Wighton and Papalii means more to the Faders than what losing Teddy, Collins and Toops means for us. They're also without their gun FB, so it's almost an eye-for-an-eye kinda scenario where we're both without Origin-grade fullbacks, big boppers and one other key squad member.

It's always tough to win in Canberra. My main fear is that losing all 3 will kill our cohesion, making us vulnerable to literally any team in the comp. If Manu, Smith and Egan (woooop wooop) can slot-in seamlessly (without others losing their mojo around them) then I reckon we'll win.

> Anyone heading to the game this week? I'll be there with a bunch of my family, but I'm happy to meet up with fellow Chookpenners at some stage and say hi.

Haven't booked tickets but I'll try to make it out there. Sunday arvo's a decent time-slot. Happy to say g'day at 1/2 time and drink a watered down VB with the other Canberra 'Pen members if people are up for it.

However, I warn that my whacky 'Pen personality is consistent with the real me

Comment

Working...
                              X