Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

lols

He hated us and was so overtly biased in his calls against us.
    He always questioned our cap, club management, etc.

I also recall him analysing the video replays of foul play and giving his sentence there and then.

Good riddance!

Who doesn't do that , all successful clubs get bagged out some way or another .
    he was the voice of rugby league for a long time I think he deserves some credit ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

he was the voice of rugby league for a long time I think he deserves some credit ...
      He got paid well that’s his credit

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

True.

But if he uses his platform to bag us out before millions, then he shouldn't expect any bouquet from us even at auspices occasions like his retirement.

You reap what you sow.

Comment

In his early years of commentary on the Amco Cup and even in the 90's he was ok. But over the past 15 years or so his obvious bias and hatred of Easts very much shone through. He would always go on about Easts getting the rub of the green and that we had no fans in the stands. I remember him going on and on about that late srcum in the classic 2010 final against the Tigers when Braith kicked the late field goal. The following season he was still going on about how the Tigers were robbed and we should not have got the ball back to even have a chance to kick the field goal. Then there was a final against the Riff when he did the voiceover and described the Riff as being made up of salt of the earth people while the East was full of 'ladidas'. His words and I remember Freddy having a go at him from the sidelines. He has also made constant mention of us 'poaching' Coote from the 'Pride of the League' along with making it clear who he follows in the Roosters v Vermin debate.

Comment

I'm siding with the good riddance to bad old rubbish sentiment on this.

He made it clear he was no friend of the roosters, and abused his position as a public broadcaster to do so.

Fark him.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
              In his early years of commentary on the Amco Cup and even in the 90's he was ok. But over the past 15 years or so his obvious bias and hatred of Easts very much shone through. He would always go on about Easts getting the rub of the green and that we had no fans in the stands. I remember him going on and on about that late srcum in the classic 2010 final against the Tigers when Braith kicked the late field goal. The following season he was still going on about how the Tigers were robbed and we should not have got the ball back to even have a chance to kick the field goal. Then there was a final against the Riff when he did the voiceover and described the Riff as being made up of salt of the earth people while the East was full of 'ladidas'. His words and I remember Freddy having a go at him from the sidelines. He has also made constant mention of us 'poaching' Coote from the 'Pride of the League' along with making it clear who he follows in the Roosters v Vermin debate.

Comment

His incompetence as a caller was laid bare when he was so slow he effectively missed the Keary/Latrell/Tupou/Tedesco try in the 2019 GF.

Comment

They need to entice Vossy back to nine to replace Rabs. Or maybe Matt Nable.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                    They need to entice Vossy back to nine to replace Rabs. Or maybe Matt Nable.
                    Oh please Matt Nable - FMD let him nowhere near the commentary box - total over exposure to that dramatised voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
                      His incompetence as a caller was laid bare when he was so slow he effectively missed the Keary/Latrell/Tupou/Tedesco try in the 2019 GF.
                      Or Tupous try “He’s nearly carried the ball too far!” No rabbs Toops knew what was going on you were hoping he would

Comment

Commentators and referees...shall we just say none of them are Roosters-friendly?
                        So I don't care one iota about any of them.
                        I don't care what they say.
                        I don't care what they do.
                        I don't care if they're happy.
                        I don't care if they're sad.
                        As soon as any game I'm watching on tv starts I switch the sound off.
                        Most of the time the commentators seem to be cheering against the Roosters...so why would I be bothered listening to them.
                        Coote was a grown man, and chose to switch clubs..."pro football".
                        Teddy was a grown man, and chose to switch clubs..."pro football".
                        So too Latrell Mitchell..."pro football".

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                          I felt his commentary were getting more and more biased against us. Good luck to him but I'm not sad that he's gone.
                          I preferred Rex Mossop, who although a Manly man, was never overtly biased toward them.

I also preferred Hadley and Hollywood & Zorba as commentators.

My favourite all time though is Daryll Eastlake and Big Jack Gibson during Origin - magnificient duo.

Yes, agree with all of that. But I have to give a shout-out to Frank Hyde, he was terrific to listen to on the radio, his descriptions of the game were superb.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                            Commentators and referees...shall we just say none of them are Roosters-friendly?
                            So I don't care one iota about any of them.
                            I don't care what they say.
                            I don't care what they do.
                            I don't care if they're happy.
                            I don't care if they're sad.
                            As soon as any game I'm watching on tv starts I switch the sound off.
                            Most of the time the commentators seem to be cheering against the Roosters...so why would I be bothered listening to them.
                            Coote was a grown man, and chose to switch clubs..."pro football".
                            Teddy was a grown man, and chose to switch clubs..."pro football".
                            So too Latrell Mitchell..."pro football".
                            you really sound like a person with victim mentality. when you are at work do you rush to your managers office when something mildly offensive is said by a co worker ?

if the refs and commentators are so against us, just stop watching the nrl , cause it is obviously rigged to get a pre annointed winner every year. clown .

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar
                              The thin skin on a chicken will always gets eaten first.

There is more to rugby league then just the roosters you sad bunch of cnts
                              Yes but what about Rugba Leeg?

FFS he didn't die, I'm not pissing on his coffin.

Of course I'm a sad cnt. I've followed the roosters for 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post

Or Tupous try “He’s nearly carried the ball too far!” No rabbs Toops knew what was going on you were hoping he would
                                100%

Comment

Working...
                                X