Rabbs Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eddie View Post

In the 80s ABC used to broadcast the saturday arvo game.
    Warren Boland and John Peard................and I think big Artie for a while as well

They remain my favourite TV commentary team.
    Great memories there Eddie. I used to just sit far too close to the TV on a Saturday afternoon and just watch every game they broadcast. We only had 2 channels growing up in the country back then and life was simple.
    "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
      Great memories there Eddie. I used to just sit far too close to the TV on a Saturday afternoon and just watch every game they broadcast. We only had 2 channels growing up in the country back then and life was simple.
      All that time recently when I lived in the Lockyer Valley, I had no free to air telly at all.
      I don't think I missed much.
      What was the other channel you had back in the day?

Comment

All that time recently when I lived in the Lockyer Valley, I had no free to air telly at all.
        I don't think I missed much.
        What was the other channel you had back in the day?
        We had channel 4 from Toowoomba and the ABC. We could get channel 7 Brisbane but it was a snowy picture but back then, we just accepted it for what it was. God forbid any buffering like we get now when we are streaming

My uncle lived on a hill so he could get channel 9 too...young folk of today would be horrified at our TV options back then..
        "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

We had channel 4 from Toowoomba and the ABC. We could get channel 7 Brisbane but it was a snowy picture but back then, we just accepted it for what it was. God forbid any buffering like we get now when we are streaming

My uncle lived on a hill so he could get channel 9 too...young folk of today would be horrified at our TV options back then..
          A fun fact, in the year 2000 the average human attention span was 15 seconds. Today it's 8 seconds. All thanks to the speed that technology allows information to be transferred

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

A fun fact, in the year 2000 the average human attention span was 15 seconds. Today it's 8 seconds. All thanks to the speed that technology allows information to be transferred
            Work sent me a very fancy expensive smart phone the other day..I left it sitting in the box for a week..I'm scared of the darn thing...my internet was down for half an hour the other night..heaven forbid that should happen this afternoon..I don't have my TV plugged in anymore as I stream all my shows..

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Just remembered I bought a little radio on ebay for $12 pacifically (as Kath & Kim would say) for listening to Roosters games if there is no internet..it's in that draw that we all have with balls of string, glue and scissors...

Comment

...young folk of today would be horrified at our TV options back then..
                lol....and our phone options as well.
                Growing up without even a landline, I had to walk a klm to the phonebooth..............it was usually vandalised.

Comment

lol....and our phone options as well.
                  Growing up without even a landline, I had to walk a klm to the phonebooth..............it was usually vandalised.

We had to walk a few blocks to a Telecom phone booth to call my aunties down here in Sydney..then our neighbours next door got a landline put in..funny we owned that house too as an investment property but they got the landline before us..

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

you really sound like a person with victim mentality. when you are at work do you rush to your managers office when something mildly offensive is said by a co worker ?

if the refs and commentators are so against us, just stop watching the nrl , cause it is obviously rigged to get a pre annointed winner every year. clown .
                    LOL

I started work in an office in 1964...age 18.
                    The time when you did as your parents, teachers, and bosses and senior/staff told you to, or else.
                    Bullying and harassment were rife in the workforce.
                    Male and female co workers/ senior staff were allowed shout at you, bully and harass you if they were tight with the manager.
                    Sometimes the managers were responsible for bullying and harassment of their own.
                    Complain?
                    Complain to the managers/senior staff?
                    LOL...you wouldn't dare if you valued your job.
                    Eventually I became wise to the ways of the workforce.

Then I became wise to the fact that "seemingly biased refereeing" is a thing...along with "seemingly biased commentating".

Comment

Why do you say that????
                      Because they were terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
                        Because they were terrible
                        That's cool, we all have different opinions..................although I can't figure out what you didn't like.
                        Boland was very impartial and had a good voice for calling.
                        Peard was witty and complimented Boland well.

Warren Boland was also the first time I remember a winger captaining a first grade team.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

LOL

I started work in an office in 1964...age 18.
                          The time when you did as your parents, teachers, and bosses and senior/staff told you to, or else.
                          Bullying and harassment were rife in the workforce.
                          Male and female co workers/ senior staff were allowed shout at you, bully and harass you if they were tight with the manager.
                          Sometimes the managers were responsible for bullying and harassment of their own.
                          Complain?
                          Complain to the managers/senior staff?
                          LOL...you wouldn't dare if you valued your job.
                          Eventually I became wise to the ways of the workforce.

Then I became wise to the fact that "seemingly biased refereeing" is a thing...along with "seemingly biased commentating".

so , do you honestly believe that there is a conspiracy against the roosters ? coming from the upper echelon of the nrl passed onto the refs , that no matter what dont let the roosters win , or over penalise the roosters or penalise the roosters differently to the opposition ?

why would the nrl have this agenda ?
                          wouldnt it be easier to follow another team who dont have this bias against them ?
                          why follow the nrl at all if it is all a big conspiracy ?
                          what do you think happened when the roosters won in 13, 18 and 19 despite being the most penalised team .
                          why has nobody come out after getting out of the game and said "well, yea, we have this conspiracy to penalise the roosters, or not award the roosters penalties ? "

genuinely curious .

Comment

Surely you don't expect me to answer those questions.

The stats are very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                              Surely you don't expect me to answer those questions.

The stats are very interesting.
                              it would be good if you could , im curious as to your reasoning .

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

so , do you honestly believe that there is a conspiracy against the roosters ? coming from the upper echelon of the nrl passed onto the refs , that no matter what dont let the roosters win , or over penalise the roosters or penalise the roosters differently to the opposition ?

why would the nrl have this agenda ?
                                wouldnt it be easier to follow another team who dont have this bias against them ?
                                why follow the nrl at all if it is all a big conspiracy ?
                                what do you think happened when the roosters won in 13, 18 and 19 despite being the most penalised team .
                                why has nobody come out after getting out of the game and said "well, yea, we have this conspiracy to penalise the roosters, or not award the roosters penalties ? "

genuinely curious .
                                We also won the 2014 minor premiership (according to my T-shirt) despite getting 83 less penalties less than Souths. They were always going to be handed that one as I predicted on here in August of that year..we've gone on and won more as we all know..and them? Well...

Comment

Working...
                                X