Rabbs Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

so , do you honestly believe that there is a conspiracy against the roosters ? coming from the upper echelon of the nrl passed onto the refs , that no matter what dont let the roosters win , or over penalise the roosters or penalise the roosters differently to the opposition ?

why would the nrl have this agenda ?
    wouldnt it be easier to follow another team who dont have this bias against them ?
    why follow the nrl at all if it is all a big conspiracy ?
    what do you think happened when the roosters won in 13, 18 and 19 despite being the most penalised team .
    why has nobody come out after getting out of the game and said "well, yea, we have this conspiracy to penalise the roosters, or not award the roosters penalties ? "

genuinely curious .
    I don't believe in a conspiracy against us but as I've stated before refs are human and obviously grew up loving the game as fans first.
    A mate of mine was in the same year at school as Badger and he said he was a mad souths supporter and hated easts.
    Anyone with an inkling for the game could see this the way he refereed the two teams during his career.
    I could imagine a lot of refs grew up hating the roosters as kids because unless you support us we are about as popular as a pork chop in a synagogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

I don't believe in a conspiracy against us but as I've stated before refs are human and obviously grew up loving the game as fans first.
      A mate of mine was in the same year at school as Badger and he said he was a mad souths supporter and hated easts.
      Anyone with an inkling for the game could see this the way he refereed the two teams during his career.
      I could imagine a lot of refs grew up hating the roosters as kids because unless you support us we are about as popular as a pork chop in a synagogue.
      I agree with my centre partner. There is no conspiracy or official bias against us from the NRL. That's twilight zone stuff. But refs are humans and footy fans first and foremost.

What gives them more impunity is they know Easts would get little sympathy from the media or the NRL community in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

If true, that could qualify as "seemingly biased refereeing".

Comment

Working...
        X