Canberra 'Pen meet-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canberra 'Pen meet-up?

I see a few Chookpenners are going to the game tomorrow. Haven't made up my mind yet but might get out to see it as I haven't seen a lot of the boys live yet (Walker, Suaalii, Naiqama...etc).

Thought I'd make this thread incase people wanna do a bit of a chookpen meet-up (even if it's just a 5 minute 'g'day').

Happy to meet up if people are going

Comment

Jizz I wont be there but if I was going I would love to hook up with you for a beer.
      I think you should go & then come on the pen later & tell us about your day.

Comment

I had a knee op last week, thought I’d be ok to go, but would struggle with the stairs and walking to and from the stadium.

the current weather makes me feel a bit better about not being able to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
          Jizz I wont be there but if I was going I would love to hook up with you for a beer.
          I think you should go & then come on the pen later & tell us about your day.
          LOLz I may well just do that... as I'm within walking distance I could bring a few travellers, do a bit of a booze walk to the stadium, mask-up to hide my breath, run a riot and then come on here with an epic 10,000 word essay about the ordeal

Comment

Where will you be sitting Ism?

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

LOLz I may well just do that... as I'm within walking distance I could bring a few travellers, do a bit of a booze walk to the stadium, mask-up to hide my breath, run a riot and then come on here with an epic 10,000 word essay about the ordeal
              Keeping it short this time

Comment

I'm currently celebrating Italian national day at the community centre (having spent all yesterday doing Vietnamese cultural stuff).

Kinda disappointed Teddy isn't here with his Ferrari, holding a slice of pizza in one hand and a glass of vino in the other (like me). Hopefully catch him at the game as there will be a massive party tonight.

Still gonna try to make it to the game. Haven't bought a ticket but there's always time and it's my wife's night to put our son to bed so I might be able to nick off early to watch the footy.

PS - time for a cannoli now

Edit: I now look like Jimmy Maloney after eating a heap of crostolis.
                Last edited by ism22; 06-05-2022, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Too much happening to make it to the game today. I’m not overly fussed to be honest with the strong gusty winds and chill in the air it won’t be very pleasant at the game come 4pm.

Comment

True fans

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                      Too much happening to make it to the game today. I’m not overly fussed to be honest with the strong gusty winds and chill in the air it won’t be very pleasant at the game come 4pm.
                      Gal you are in the warmth MR. Horrie just sent me some photos and I've got chills and they are multiplying..just by looking at the photos of the stadium..sun's gone from the east over here too and I hope it's not an omen..so glad I got out for a walk when I did..the morning was bathed in sunshine and now not so much..
                      "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post
                        True fans
                        Yes I’m a terrible fan for not being there.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Gal you are in the warmth MR. Horrie just sent me some photos and I've got chills and they are multiplying..just by looking at the photos of the stadium..sun's gone from the east over here too and I hope it's not an omen..so glad I got out for a walk when I did..the morning was bathed in sunshine and now not so much..
                          I’m not warm RWB despite being indoors. I refuse to put the heating on until it’s later in the evening with the cost of gas these days. I’ve done my fair share of standing on the sidelines here watching my kids play sports such as soccer and netball over the years. I’ve also sat at Canberra stadium at minus 3 degrees on frosty July and August nights. But not this year as I need to help my daughter with a few things and the weekends seem to be the only days of the week we can actually find the time to do such things together. HH is doing amazingly well to be there as I swear it’s actually been sleeting lightly the past hour.

Comment

I’m not warm RWB despite being indoors. I refuse to put the heating on until it’s later in the evening with the cost of gas these days. I’ve done my fair share of standing on the sidelines here watching my kids play sports such as soccer and netball over the years. I’ve also sat at Canberra stadium at minus 3 degrees on frosty July and August nights. But not this year as I need to help my daughter with a few things and the weekends seem to be the only days of the week we can actually find the time to do such things together. HH is doing amazingly well to be there as I swear it’s actually been sleeting lightly the past hour.
                            Stay safe lovely! My sister said it was like mist when she went to get her washing off the line in outer Melbourne yesterday. I've finally succumbed to buying a small heater for working from home as I'm getting too old to feel the cold now..losing 40kg makes me really feel it these days...heater should be delivered tomorrow..kickoff time now..! enjoy everyone and Go Roosters...
                            "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Same. I feel bad about it (particularly living pretty close to the stadium) but it woulda just been me by myself and the weekend was hectic (I love cultural stuff but was pretty braindead by 4pm).

Next time. Canberra does a mad cauldron... I hate their stupid horn and viking clap. However, I reckon there's some gameday stuff we could learn from them as we always seem to get burned by small-town clubs that milk the home advantage to the max. Winning in Canberra is always tough!

Comment

Working...
                              X