Canberra 'Pen meet-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

I’m not warm RWB despite being indoors. I refuse to put the heating on until it’s later in the evening with the cost of gas these days. I’ve done my fair share of standing on the sidelines here watching my kids play sports such as soccer and netball over the years. I’ve also sat at Canberra stadium at minus 3 degrees on frosty July and August nights. But not this year as I need to help my daughter with a few things and the weekends seem to be the only days of the week we can actually find the time to do such things together. HH is doing amazingly well to be there as I swear it’s actually been sleeting lightly the past hour.
    Hi MR, yes it was amazingly cold but i actually thought it would have been colder, managed to get seats under cover in the Mal Meniga stand even though i bought tickets for the open , just sat in the under cover seats and no one came along so stayed there for the whole game, had a blanket over my legs but lost the feeling in my hands . Despite the weather and the game it is good to get away from Sydney for a day or two and i enjoyed the fire at Kinsgton hotel with French onion soup and osso bucco and a glass of red or two after the game.

Comment

I remember going down to Canberra for the game where Canberra beat the Chooks 66-4 ( we needed a spinner or two that day ) - when we got there it was minus 13 and warmed up to a balmy minus 3 - drinking ice cold Tooheys Red

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
        I remember going down to Canberra for the game where Canberra beat the Chooks 66-4 ( we needed a spinner or two that day ) - when we got there it was minus 13 and warmed up to a balmy minus 3 - drinking ice cold Tooheys Red
        I think Russell Fairfax was coach at the time.

Comment

I was there that day. Prob 50 chook supporter’s there all up. I was there today much better seats drinking in an open box but just as bloody cold if not colder.

Comment

Roosters haven't a great record vs Canberra away - 11 out of 34 compared to 27 wins out of 35 in home games/finals

69 games - 38 wins and 31 loses

Comment

-13. I call bullshyt. I know you are stats obsessed Salvo but come on mate. Do some research first sport. I don’t recall it ever reaching -13 in Canberra.
              Last edited by rented tracksuit; 06-06-2022, 11:00 AM.
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

-13. I call bullshyt. I know you are stats obsessed Salvo but come in mate. Do some research first sport. I don’t recall it ever reaching -13 in Canberra.
                The coldest I’ve ever experienced here in 38 years is -9, in August 1997. I remember it very clearly.

Comment

LOL That game was played on April 15th

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/s...s/summary.html

The coldest April Day on record in Canberra was 9.7 degrees two years ago

Thursday was the coldest April day in Canberra on record, reaching a top of only 9.7 degrees at Canberra airport.

It was the first time in more than 50 years when the maximum temperature didn't reach 10 degrees in April, the Bureau of Meteorology said.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sto...day-on-record/
                  Last edited by Andrew Walker; 06-06-2022, 10:42 AM.
                  When you trust your television
                  what you get is what you got
                  Cause when they own the information
                  they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

What a load of crap. -8 is about as cold as it gets.

Comment

The coldest I’ve ever experienced here in 38 years is -9, in August 1997. I remember it very clearly.
                      Yep. I had it once at minus 9 as well but it was around 5am one morning in August 2004. Other than that, it rarely gets below -5 and certainly never that cold at any Raiders games.
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

What a load of crap. -8 is about as cold as it gets.
                        Exactly.
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

Yep. I had it once at minus 9 as well but it was around 5am one morning in August 2004. Other than that, it rarely gets below -5 and certainly never that cold at any Raiders games.
                          Yes the minus 9 I refer to - I think technically it was about -8.6 or something! - was overnight! The only reason I remember it so well was it happened on the first night I stayed at my first house that I bought! Also it was recorded in Tuggeranong not the Airport.
                          Last edited by mightyrooster; 06-06-2022, 11:26 AM.

Comment

August 3 1997 at Tuggeranong -8.4 minimum temperature overnight.

https://www.willyweather.com.au/clim...nth:all-months

Comment

plenty of -5s I had to get the frost of the windscreen each time.

The snow during the raiders tigers game was classic, late 90s I think.

Comment

Yes the minus 9 I refer to - I think technically it was about -8.6 or something! - was overnight! The only reason I remember it so well was it happened on the first night I stayed at my first house that I bought! Also it was recorded in Tuggeranong not the Airport.
                                Tuggers is always colder than the airport.
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X