• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

LOL That game was played on April 15th

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/s...s/summary.html

The coldest April Day on record in Canberra was 9.7 degrees two years ago

Thursday was the coldest April day in Canberra on record, reaching a top of only 9.7 degrees at Canberra airport.

It was the first time in more than 50 years when the maximum temperature didn't reach 10 degrees in April, the Bureau of Meteorology said.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sto...day-on-record/
    It was actually round 17 on May 28th. Wasn’t even that cold for snowy conditions at 4.3 degrees. Not sure where Salvo was watching the game. Maybe front valley at Perisher?
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

It was actually round 17 on May 28th. Wasn’t even that cold for snowy conditions at 4.3 degrees. Not sure where Salvo was watching the game. Maybe front valley at Perisher?
      The 66-4 debacle was the 15th of April as Andrew Walker pointed out, i remember it because i was up at Port Stephens at Easter time listening to the horrid score updates from the game.

Ah i see, you are talking about the Raiders Tigers where it snowed in 2000 which was May 28th.
      Also i think it was last year that it snowed at a game when The GWS played at Manuka Oval.
      Last edited by horrie hastings; 06-06-2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

I&#8217. HH is doing amazingly well to be there as I swear it’s actually been sleeting lightly the past hour.
        The last time i was down there before this trip back in 2019 it sleeted the morning of the game, you could see the snow on the Brindabellas cleary that weekend from the bridge across Lake Burley Griffin.

So glad to get back home now, it rained all the way once we were on the Federal Highway then it stopped when we got to the Hume, stopped in at Goulburn for a quick break and it started raining again but cleared not long after Goulburn. Was great to see water in Lake George, i have seen water in it before but not to the extent that it was this trip, was beautiful to see. So many squashed foxes on the road on the trip down and back.

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

The last time i was down there before this trip back in 2019 it sleeted the morning of the game, you could see the snow on the Brindabellas cleary that weekend from the bridge across Lake Burley Griffin.

So glad to get back home now, it rained all the way once we were on the Federal Highway then it stopped when we got to the Hume, stopped in at Goulburn for a quick break and it started raining again but cleared not long after Goulburn. Was great to see water in Lake George, i have seen water in it before but not to the extent that it was this trip, was beautiful to see. So many squashed foxes on the road on the trip down and back.
          Yes Lake George is really at its peak now and the road kill on regional NSW roads gets worse every time we drive on them. Glad you had a safe trip Horrie but it no doubt would have been better if we actually won the game!

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Yes Lake George is really at its peak now and the road kill on regional NSW roads gets worse every time we drive on them. Glad you had a safe trip Horrie but it no doubt would have been better if we actually won the game!
            Thanks MR, yes would have been better with a win but still good to get out of Sydney for a couple of days. Actually felt colder today than Sunday, wind was so bad driving back, had to wrestle the steering wheel a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

The 66-4 debacle was the 15th of April as Andrew Walker pointed out, i remember it because i was up at Port Stephens at Easter time listening to the horrid score updates from the game.

Ah i see, you are talking about the Raiders Tigers where it snowed in 2000 which was May 28th.
              Also i think it was last year that it snowed at a game when The GWS played at Manuka Oval.
              Yep. Was mentioning the date of the snowy game.
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
              X