No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down from Sydney for the game. Very chilly in Canberra as expected. Would love to see the rain hold off, albeit highly unlikely. Jared out is a big loss, especially with Lindsay gone for SOO (who was hitting some nice form himself). Baker in the starting side, will need him to play well. Happy with the bench options, Watson, Butcher, May and DSF. Will need Keary to take control of the game like he did last week. If he does, we’ll win, and I say we’ll win by a fair amount. No excuses, it’s still a very high quality 17.

Comment

Can’t wait for this game.

About to settle down to watch the fight then off to bed before waking up in the morning to see the boys make Sticky cry (yes I know it’s a delayed game but it’s live to me) then to flick between the NASCAR and the Indycars.

The highlight will be a Roosters victory!
      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Fingers crossed for the double, Kambosos and the roosters. Big test for our young forwards today and if they can hold their own I think the polish we have in the halves and Joey at the back will see us through.
        Easts to win

Comment

We want the double today.
          Go Georgie boy & Go the MIGHTY ROOSTERS.

Comment

Don't see many points in the Raiders today, average looking set of backs. If we allow any more than 2 tries be surprised.

Manu, Walker, Keary and Toupinua should provide our strike, point of diff.

Missing our two props, plus Teddy and Toups wont see the precision and pretty of last week. Need to graft it out early in the cccold and wear them down.

How did Naiqama get picked? Maybe Billy comes in to centre, need to get his hands on the ball. Or maybe Robbo wants the two big wingers keeping up with the early yardage carries. And height on the flanks for the attacking kicks.

Kudos to our fans getting out there in the chill today.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

It's not just you. I'm a big fan. Its a testament to his family upbringing. Hopefully he bags a couple of pies today
              It's like grand final day around my area today. I got stopped more than once on my walk (Heartbreak Hill so quite grateful for the stoppage in play ) and everyone wants to talk about JS. Love my 2022 scarf too. It's by far the best in my collection.
              "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

hope the roosters get up today , not overly confident . canberra are always tough .

still a bit worried re naiqama , hopefully js plays . manu hopefully has a monster at fullback.

think crichton may have a big game after mafsing origin selection . expect nat to step up as well .

go chooks.

Comment

Anyone got news on Keighran?

Didn't play for the Bears last night and got cut from the NRL squad already....

Comment

Will be a close one but I think they will probably miss their out's a bit more than we will. I like our bench.

Comment

Even the Haney camp support the mighty Roosters.

Just saw one of his team wearing a Roosters hat!
                      Last edited by rented tracksuit; 06-05-2022, 02:24 PM.
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post
                        Anyone got news on Keighran?
                        He's been called into the NSW camp to replace Cleary.

Comment

I’m excited to see Terrell unleash some mongrel in the absence of JWH & Collins.

hope he gets some decent game time, can see him and Rapana clashing throughout the game as Rapana the grub tries to get us unsettled

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                            Just love to beat Ricky’s Raiders. We won’t be making any excuses today. We’ll leave the excuses to him.

Great opportunity for the young props to get some extended minutes playing at NRL level. Our halves are there, our hooker rotation is there and Joey will do a great job at fullback. If the young forwards led by TKO win the battle we should win comfortably.

GO ROOSTERS!
                            Just saw Sticky looking all nervous, sucking away on the old durries. How many do you reckon he smokes a day?
                            Last edited by ism22; 06-05-2022, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Was very confident about this one prior to losing Jared. Realistically we're now down Radley, Verrills, Collins, JWH, Teddy, Toops. Gonna be tough to win without all of them, especially down in Canberra when they're playing pretty well.

I still ultimately think we'll get them, but I expect the going to be very tough. Need big ones from TKO and Keary, and for the young forwards to hold their own. Excited to see May get some more minutes.

Comment

Our biggest obstacle I think will be errors. It depends on possession and field position. We’ve got good substitutes who can do the job but players like Momorovski have made awful mistakes letting in tries and dropping catches. Him and Naiqama I see as our weak points who will be targeted.
                                “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Working...
                                X