Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post
    Was very confident about this one prior to losing Jared. Realistically we're now down Radley, Verrills, Collins, JWH, Teddy, Toops. Gonna be tough to win without all of them, especially down in Canberra when they're playing pretty well.

I still ultimately think we'll get them, but I expect the going to be very tough. Need big ones from TKO and Keary, and for the young forwards to hold their own. Excited to see May get some more minutes.
    They're down Wighton, Papalii, Klokstad and Croker. Not sure about that Woolford guy at hooker either (could be wrong and find out he's a gun).

I'll be disappointed if we can't get the job done against them. IMO while Teddy, Toops, JWH, Radley and Collins will take big whack outta our squad, they're basically without the heart of their team.

It'll be a test of our depth for sure, but I back our depth. Also I think that having Manu, Keary, Walker and Crichton SHOULD put us ahead in terms of leadership.
    Last edited by ism22; 06-05-2022, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Was very confident about this one prior to losing Jared. Realistically we're now down Radley, Verrills, Collins, JWH, Teddy, Toops. Gonna be tough to win without all of them, especially down in Canberra when they're playing pretty well.

I still ultimately think we'll get them, but I expect the going to be very tough. Need big ones from TKO and Keary, and for the young forwards to hold their own. Excited to see May get some more minutes.
      The draw is a joke...and the Origin system is a bigger joke.
      Origin team should be picked on Sunday night, the team go into camp on Monday morning, train all week and play on Saturday night.
      Origin only game that weekend.
      That way players don't miss any games for their clubs.
      It's the only fair way.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

They're down Wighton, Papalii, Klokstad and Croker. Not sure about that Woolford guy at hooker either (could be wrong and find out he's a gun).

I'll be disappointed if we can't get the job done against them. IMO while Teddy, Toops, JWH, Radley and Collins will take big whack outta our squad, they're basically without the heart of their team.

It'll be a test of our depth for sure, but I back our depth. Also I think that having Manu, Keary, Walker and Crichton SHOULD put us ahead in terms of leadership.
        He goes very well indeed.
        FVCK CANCER

Comment

Croker probably isn't in the same caliber as any of the players we have out anymore, but certainly being down Papalii and Wighton evens it up. Those two typically have great games against us, too.
          As I said, I think we'll win but we are missing nearly half a team, and it's never a comfy roadtrip to Canberra. Pretty important 2 points for us, so hopefully we jag the win.

I think they were basically playing for a finals spot in round 25 last year, and we had several players out and ended up drubbing them anyway. Hopefully we get a repeat of that.

Comment

Just saw Sticky looking all nervous, sucking away on the old durries. How many do you reckon he smokes a day?
            you , for real?

Comment

Sebastian Kris is a step up on Croker nowadays anyway. Their young 9 goes ok as well, plus if Savage gets any space we don't have the speed to match it with him.....

We have 5 big guns out and they are at home. They probably get most of the 50 50s, it wont be easy. Our winning record when JWH isnt playing is not good.

I'm expecting an ambush in the first 20 minutes and we need to play really tough to win this.

No point having superstars in the backs if our forwards can't weather the storm.....
              Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 06-05-2022, 04:02 PM.
              Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
              What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

If Joey Manu plays up to his usual standard we will be too strong. Remember the broncos game? We were heading south fast until he literally stole that game for us with a couple of outrageous individual tries, using his flair and warrior like brute strength.

Comment

Today will be good insight into life without Jared and SST. Excited to see Baker, DSF and May have to lay the platform in first grade. Hope they lift to the task.

Comment

Strange that Sio Siua Taukeiaho and Fletcher Baker are both starting when stylistically they're quite similar in their style of playing and build.

Terrell May and Suluka-Fifita who are similar in build are on the bench. I would've liked May or DSF to start but as always ... Robbo knows best !

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

Sebastian Kris is a step up on Croker nowadays anyway. Their young 9 goes ok as well, plus if Savage gets any space we don't have the speed to match it with him.....

We have 5 big guns out and they are at home. They probably get most of the 50 50s, it wont be easy. Our winning record when JWH isnt playing is not good.

I'm expecting an ambush in the first 20 minutes and we need to play really tough to win this.

No point having superstars in the backs if our forwards can't weather the storm.....
                      Pretty much my thoughts too Brawl. I’m not very confident about this game at all.

Comment

If our pack gets over this mob it will be a big shot in the arm going forward for the rest of the year.

Comment

This is where I despise Origin. We are at a stage where losses at this stage can ruin our season yet our best players are gone to meaningless, worthless Origin. Put it at the end of the season. Our season is much more important.
                          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Raiders off load a lot so that is one area they need to be on top of defensively. The usual things - do the basics well and they will be a chance.

Comment

Can feel the absence of JWH already

Comment

Farking ref forcing us to use a challenge so early on!!!

As if he wasn't tackled without the ball!!!! Any other call is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X