Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P Rocky

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/so-...ccdce2901a78e1

He was a Rooster first and last, although his best season was for the vermin.
    He started 1981 on fire................but ended up in third grade

Way too young to go at 66.

Comment

I remember some opposition player rubbing capsicum spray into his eyes on field. The lengths the opposition would go to back then..sigh..another lovely man passes this year.
      "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

I remember how big a loss to the Roosters when he went over to Souths, in my opinion, a loss equal to that of Latrell (and Artie), What could have been in the lean years after '75, if he had remained. As stated he returned to the Roosters, not as he once was. I remember his brief stint with us fondly.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
          He was a Rooster first and last, although his best season was for the vermin.
          He started 1981 on fire................but ended up in third grade

Way too young to go at 66.
          When did he actually end up inn third grade? He played in the finals series for us in 81 and 82

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
            When did he actually end up inn third grade? He played in the finals series for us in 81 and 82
            Good question.
            I might have the year slightly mixed up..................but I definitely remember going to Penrith Park and seeing him in third grade. The locals were giving him a hard time.We need Horrie Hastings to remind us.

Comment

Way to early to lose a great man. RIP Rocky. He was a light that shone brightly, even if only for a short while.

Comment

Good question.
                I might have the year slightly mixed up..................but I definitely remember going to Penrith Park and seeing him in third grade. The locals were giving him a hard time.We need Horrie Hastings to remind us.
                Here are some stats: Click on the blue button called "list' on the line called NRL and then it will take you to a more detailed summary. Then from there there is another option to click on another blue button called 'view' to look at each actual game and stats. It's a goldmine of information:

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/p...e/summary.html

Last edited by redwhiteblue; 06-05-2022, 09:37 AM.
                "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

sad news

Comment

I checked his stats, no nudie runs for him. At least one try every year.

Comment

Very sad to hear. When he was on he was electric. RIP Rocky.

Comment

Good question.
                        Looks like he didn't play against Penrith in 1982 in first grade. So it may have been that year you saw him at Penrith Park in thirds..HH is in Canberra and as his unofficial executive assistant, I'll do my best in his absence.

I'm off for a long and windy walk in my Roosters gear. Already saw a few fans around dressed up already when I went to the shops.
                        Last edited by redwhiteblue; 06-05-2022, 11:26 AM.

Comment

RIP Rocky he had that unbelievable year for the bunnies but never rose to those heights for us unfortunately

Comment

I loved Rocky Laurie at the Chooks & I loved him still when he went to Souths where he played his best footy.
                            RIP mate.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                              Looks like he didn't play against Penrith in 1982 in first grade. So it may have been that year you saw him at Penrith Park in thirds..HH is in Canberra and as his unofficial executive assistant, I'll do my best in his absence.
                              I'm off for a long and windy walk in my Roosters gear. Already saw a few fans around dressed up already when I went to the shops.
                              Yes, I read the stats site you posted and think that must be the answer.
                              You have filled in for HH admirably.

Comment

Working...
                              X