R.I.P Rocky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Yes, I read the stats site you posted and think that must be the answer.
    You have filled in for HH admirably.
    Oh I could never fill HH's shoes. Funny how the only Souths player to win the main Dally M played for us too......funny how they all come back into our fold...I say this all the time, Souths are like the bad boyfriend every girl has to date before coming back to someone classy...
    "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

I remember he called the 2sm Talkin Sports show in late 2018. He upset about that way they awarded Steve Morris with the 1979 first Dally M Medal - 40 years later.
      He kept on saying "but I am the first winner."
      RIP mate.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Good question.
        I might have the year slightly mixed up..................but I definitely remember going to Penrith Park and seeing him in third grade. The locals were giving him a hard time.We need Horrie Hastings to remind us.
        Hi Eddie, i seem to remember Rocky playing some reserve grade games but not sure about 3rd grade, was it 3rd grade or still under 23s back in 81 and 82 ? Not sure . I was at Penrith for both games in 81 and 82 but probably not there for the 3rd grade match. Thanks redwhiteblue for filling on for me
        Very sad news RIP Rocky.
        Last edited by horrie hastings; 06-05-2022, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I will bestow a Jubilee Weekend Redwhiteblue Ivory Tower Roosters award to the first person who can correctly tell me which opposition player was the one who got busted spraying that capsicum oil onto his hands and then rubbing them into Rocky's eyes. I distinctly remember reading about it in Rugby League Week as there was a really big drama about it and rightly so. I even remember talking about it in school as we had to give examples of bad sportsmanship. The only thing I can't remember is the club/player involved. Someone would have had to have come up with the idea and also brought it to the grounds. I also remember the dreadful photo of Rocky afterwards..
          "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Hi Eddie, i seem to remember Rocky playing some reserve grade games but not sure about 3rd grade, was it 3rd grade or still under 23s back in 81 and 82 ? Not sure . I was at Penrith for both games in 81 and 82 but probably not there for the 3rd grade match. Thanks redwhiteblue for filling on for me
            Very sad news RIP Rocky.
            Oh I can never fill your shoes. I'm not Joey filling in for Teddy....but thank you

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
              Very sad news RIP Rocky.
              Around that time they switched to 3rd grade and then back again. Thanks to RWB I've indentified the year as 82.
              He definitely played 3rd grade.........some things stick in my mind, although your memory is far superior.

Comment

Sad news. A real favourite of mine after the halcolyn 74-75 years.
                Blessings to Rocky and his family.

Comment

Way too young to pass away. RIP Rocky, you were a great player.

Comment

Too young!

Comment

How did he die?
                      1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                      1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Working...
                      X