Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bulldogs, St George, Newcastle and Canberra … How embarrassing …

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanja View Post

not an option this year to rest, if we won against raiders, then that would have been.
    I agree with you, but I’m not as confident in Robbo thinking the same..

Comment

Long-time reader, first-time poster. I've got to say I felt about as blue as I have for a while making the trek back to Sydney tonight, after getting a gobful on the way out by some overly exuberant Raiders fans. I'm on a downer, but I am now concerned about making the 8 this year. Given that we now sit at 7 wins/6 losses and the likelihood that 12 wins will be required to make the 8 this year, we need to win a minimum of 5 of our remaining 11 games to play finals. Our draw is tough, and breaks down like this:

CATEGORY 1: HARD TO WIN GAMES [4 games]
      1. Storm (Home, Round 14), 2. Eels (Away, R15), 3. Panthers (Home, R16), 4. Storm (Away, R 24)

CATEGORY 2: CHALLENGING GAMES [4 games]
      1. Manly (Away, R20), 2. Broncos (Home, R21), 3. Cowboys, (Home, R22), 4. Rabbitohs (Home, R25)

CATEGORY 3: GAMES WHERE WE WILL BE FAVOURED [3 games]
      1. Dragons (Home, R18), 2. Knights (Away, R19), 3. Tigers (Home, R23)

If we can't get a win in the Category 1 games, we need to win 5 from 7 of the remaining games this year at a minimum which doesn't give us much room for error now. I can't see us beating Penrith or Melbourne (3 games), and we will have to be at our best to beat Parra, Cowboys and Souths. I have heard that Jarrod is out for 6 weeks with his hamstring, which is a shocking blow. The Broncos, Manly and Saints will be tough games, and we don't seem to have a home-field advantage as much this year. I'll feel better if we can jag one of our next three games (Storm, Parra, Penrith) but I've got low expectations. If we lose all three, that will be four losses in a row, which will most likely see us slip out of the 8. What is for certain is that we must death ride Souths, Manly and the Raiders in every remaining match this year!
      Last edited by KenWiwa; 06-05-2022, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWiwa View Post
        Long-time reader, first-time poster. I've got to say I felt about as blue as I have for a while making the trek back to Sydney tonight, after getting a gobful on the way out by some overly exuberant Raiders fans. I'm on a downer, but I am now concerned about making the 8 this year. Given that we now sit at 7 wins/6 losses and the likelihood that 12 wins will be required to make the 8 this year, we need to win a minimum of 5 of our remaining 11 games to play finals. Our draw is tough, and breaks down like this:

1. Storm (Home, Round 14), 2. Eels (Away, R15), 3. Panthers (Home, R16), 4. Storm (Away, R 24)

1. Manly (Away, R20), 2. Broncos (Home, R21), 3. Cowboys, (Home, R22), 4. Rabbitohs (Home, R25)

If we can't get a win in the Category 1 games, we need to win 5 from 7 of the remaining games this year at a minimum which doesn't give us much room for error now. I can't see us beating Penrith or Melbourne (3 games), and we will have to be at our best to beat Parra, Cowboys and Souths. I have heard that Jarrod is out for 6 weeks with his hamstring, which is a shocking blow. The Broncos, Manly and Saints will be tough games, and we don't seem to have a home-field advantage as much this year. I'll feel better if we can jag one of our next three games (Storm, Parra, Penrith) but I've got low expectations. If we lose all three, that will be four losses in a row, which will most likely see us slip out of the 8. What is for certain is that we must death ride Souths, Manly and the Raiders in every remaining match this year!
        Welcome aboard and great 1st post!
        Very analytical.

Have no fear my friend.
        I'm confident we'll be playing beyond September unlike perennial losers like Tigers, Dogs etc and finish strong.
        Realistically I can't see us making the big dance however, it's invaluable experience for a young squad that's building towards continued success.

Comment

Great 1st post.

With this lost we have gone from top 4 hopefuls to potentially missing the 8 unless we get our act together

Comment

Originally posted by ARD View Post

Lucky they won’t be playing finals footy
            Us?

We will be lucky to scrap in the top 8 with our current form.....

And if we do, we'll be knocked straight out .
            We have no mojo.

Comment

Last couple years we struggled to beat top 4 teams. This year we’ve beat 3. Glass half full fellas.
              I would rather struggle against the top 3 than be embarrassed by losing to teams close to the bottom 3.
              Last edited by rented tracksuit; 06-06-2022, 01:08 PM.
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Lucky they won’t be playing finals footy
                At the rate we're playing we might not either ... we continue to lose games against teams that we are expected to beat then add to that to the anticipated losses against the Storm, Parra and Panthers coming soon then we're not going to be on the top 4 and we could slide out of the top 8.

We need to win and stop playing like a bunch amateurs ... we took the Knights, Dogs, Dragqueens and now the Raiders too lightly and that's 8 ladder points that went out of our hand.

This isn't a joke or me being a negative bastard but it's the bloody sad truth and state of affairs at the moment !
                Last edited by DP1990; 06-06-2022, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Great first post, mate and welcome to the Chookpen !

Agree with your views and details !

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

Us?

We will be lucky to scrap in the top 8 with our current form.....

And if we do, we'll be knocked straight out .
                    We have no mojo.
                    We are one of the softest teams in the comp, that as well as being one of the dumbest is not a good recipe for success

Comment

Working...
                    X