Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our 6 and 7 moving forward

Honest question.
    Can we move forward for the next few seasons with Keary and Walker as our halves ? I ask for one reason and its just my opinion. Their 'long' kicking game !!! Not why we lost today but it irk's me every week they cannot relieve the pressure on us or a poor set by a good long deep kick. It's horrendous. Hasn't really rated a mention anywhere but gee its frustrating that we rarely pin a team down on their line.
    Surely we need to start kicking earlier in the set before the wingers drop back so we can find some space.
    Just my opinion as it hurts us way more than most would think.

I would love to take Matt Burton in 2024 as Kearys long term replacement. Great long kicking game

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
      I would love to take Matt Burton in 2024 as Kearys long term replacement. Great long kicking game
      If Keary’s contract ( if true ) is worth $1.3 mil next year and beyond, then Burton will be only be playing with Walker ..

Comment

I love Keary
        I love Walker
        I just dont love them together

Comment

Walker had close to a 70m clearing kick into the wind in that 2nd half so it'll develop over time.....ofcourse we wasted it by giving away a penalty the 2nd tackle of that set.

Comment

I think if Keary can dig deep into the line like he has shown he can, just not today! Our attack can be good. But it is a frustrating handicap.

I’m a massive Keary fan and I’m hoping he turns it around, cause that value is overs atm

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
              Walker had close to a 70m clearing kick into the wind in that 2nd half so it'll develop over time.....ofcourse we wasted it by giving away a penalty the 2nd tackle of that set.
              Yes he did. And i think that was early in the tackle count which is my point. Also didn't hit it that sweet, just rolled forever.

Comment

I'm okay to stick with them. Kez is the only half in the NRL that has won 3 comps. Can't buy that experience anywhere. Sam is gonna be a superstar. Gotta persist with these 2. Other teams would kill to have them

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post

If Keary’s contract ( if true ) is worth $1.3 mil next year and beyond, then Burton will be only be playing with Walker ..
                  Burton is the one.
                  Big Body. Great running game and huge boot. Him and Walker would be perfect

Comment

A while ago I mentioned that Keary would be unlikely to play with us beyond current contract, and possibly released earlier. It caused a bit of a stink from those who believe Keary is perpetually the best half based on his Clive Churchill Medal performance. I reckon my prediction is looking pretty good. Dolphins and Titans will be desperate for Keary, meanwhile Robbo will be thinking that Keary is beyond his best and does not complement Walker very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Yes he did. And i think that was early in the tackle count which is my point. Also didn't hit it that sweet, just rolled forever.
                      Yes, he kicked it on the 4th...
                      Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Would love to see Burton in the RWB after Kez retires, he was massive the other night in a losing Dogs team. Was instrumental in all their points scored......
                        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Keary is not the problem.
                          1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                          1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post
                            Would love to see Burton in the RWB after Kez retires, he was massive the other night in a losing Dogs team. Was instrumental in all their points scored......
                            If Keary plays through his contract til end of 2024, I think Burton will be resigned by the dogs or under contract somewhere else..

So the next question is, is Keary worth $1.3 mil a year as of Nov 1 ?.. ( if the contract value is true )

Comment

Keary’s best days are long gone my friends.
                              Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Working...
                              X