Our 6 and 7 moving forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
    Keary’s best days are long gone my friends.
    100% they are, no one can argue that

It's not hating on him.as we all love him and always will

Age and injuries bring every player back a few notches

Throw into that 3 Premierships and rep games he has achieved everthing.

A great servant on and off the field to our club......but no doubt the powers at be will be plotting for the future

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post

If Keary plays through his contract til end of 2024, I think Burton will be resigned by the dogs or under contract somewhere else..

So the next question is, is Keary worth $1.3 mil a year as of Nov 1 ?.. ( if the contract value is true )
      Are you really that gullible.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflictor View Post

Are you really that gullible.
        Best you try and read my comment again … thanks for your contribution …

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Burton is the one.
          Big Body. Great running game and huge boot. Him and Walker would be perfect
          I'm glad people are starting to buy into this. This guy is the future of the Sydney Roosters. He's off contract at the end of this year and could arrive in 2024.

He can play centre and 5/8th. I think he could also play fullback if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post

Best you try and read my comment again … thanks for your contribution …
            You asking implies you need confirmation.
            If you think it is possible it is either gullibility or..

Comment

Forwards were useless. Can’t expect much from your 6 and 7 when your forwards play like girls (no offence Salvo).

Comment

I suspect that the plan is to let Keary go at end of contract and not before and promote manu to 6.

Comment

Strange, I thought Keary looked sharp today, and has done for quite a few weeks now. Definitely returning to form.

I’d have no issue with him staying with us until the end of his career, nor would I mind us snagging Burton and releasing Keary when he has a year or two to go.

I get the loss today sucked, but we’ve been pretty good over the last few weeks, and the reality is we were down 6 very good players, and playing against a very physical team in some decent form, and probably didn’t get the rub of the green.

Hopefully Robbo does get stuck into a few of the players for today, but it’s hardly panic stations, and I can’t agree that this game was the fault of the halves. I did think Walker was unusually quiet though. They seemed to mark him well.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post
                    Strange, I thought Keary looked sharp today, and has done for quite a few weeks now. Definitely returning to form.

I’d have no issue with him staying with us until the end of his career, nor would I mind us snagging Burton and releasing Keary when he has a year or two to go.

I get the loss today sucked, but we’ve been pretty good over the last few weeks, and the reality is we were down 6 very good players, and playing against a very physical team in some decent form, and probably didn’t get the rub of the green.

Hopefully Robbo does get stuck into a few of the players for today, but it’s hardly panic stations, and I can’t agree that this game was the fault of the halves. I did think Walker was unusually quiet though. They seemed to mark him well.
                    100% on the $$... Lucky the pen ain't coaching the team..

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                      Forwards were useless. Can’t expect much from your 6 and 7 when your forwards play like girls (no offence Salvo).
                      Do you have any footy IQ at all? Forwards rolled ok and gave us plenty of opportunities. Problem was in good ball they went to Angus, Momo and Kev... How many times in good ball did the ball go right and get passed Tilli to Smith or Joe??

Comment

I don't agree with the Keary sentiment .... Think it's a bit harsh.

Bloke is coming back from an acl.

It's takes months to get right, especially for a bloke who has zip as one of his primary weapons.

He is a Rooster legend, and deserves the full season to show he has what it takes.

Today, our props - aside from SST - were not good enough

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
                          I don't agree with the Keary sentiment .... Think it's a bit harsh.

Bloke is coming back from an acl.

It's takes months to get right, especially for a bloke who has zip as one of his primary weapons.

He is a Rooster legend, and deserves the full season to show he has what it takes.

Today, our props - aside from SST - were not good enough
                          Agreed mate.

I prefer to look at our performance from a whole of team perspective as singling out players can be quite unproductive (we're a machine and saying '[insert component] is running sub-par' doesn't necessarily mean it's at fault).

But... what's wrong with Keary? He looked fine to me tonight in a battle between two clunky, heavily under-staffed teams (played in a mixture of wet and cold).

Happy to discuss slot-in replacements if OP's got any suggestions (based on who's available). However, I think that Keary would be by far the best half on the market if we were to release him. We'd then need to find extra cash to fit an alternative under the cap. Good luck!

Comment

They're both good for now and I'm happy with the combination but if I had to think about future/succession planning etc ... I would honestly pursue Matt Burton if he was to hit the market as "Keary's" successor. Not replacing Kez as the #7 as I hope Walker would be ready to slot into that role but definitely see Burton as a five-eighth.

Comment

im liking what i see from the Norths half. Sandon Smith
                              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X