No announcement yet.

Fletcher Baker and DSF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With that service they were receiving from Watson, we can’t be too critical …

Comment

Baker is meh. Playing as a prop you want to see some drive and aggression but this bloke runs as hard as Napa and literally jumps on the back of people to attempt to bring them down allowing the PCM

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
        Baker is skilful no doubt but he's soft and has no aggression or mongrel in him. Just has a very plain jain approach in the way he plays. Nothing exciting nor is there any X factor that worries the opposition.

Terrell May, Daniel Suluka-Fifita, Tuku Hau Tapuha, Naufahu Whyte are players that have a bit of an edge and can run hard. These are the players I'd be focusing on regarding development.
        Whyte seems to struggle in reserve grade. He certainly doesn’t stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
          Robbo rates Baker and so does Andrew Johns and Paul Gallon - I will leave accessing players abilities to those that know.
          If only the “experts” opinions on here count, then why are you on here? Stick to your girly footy Queen.

Comment

I wasn’t impressed with May today. Doesn’t really run with any steam behind him, DSF does

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

If only the “experts” opinions on here count, then why are you on here? Stick to your girly footy Queen.
              Why are you on here ? - I thought you would be at one of those men only dino club meetings reminiscing about the "good old days" i.e before females had equal rights
              Last edited by King Salvo; 06-06-2022, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                Neither of these two are first grade standard. Never will be. Not just a reaction of today but everything I've seen. Baker had 1 good game againts the Radiers a while back. DSF.....well, I can barely recall a dominant carry.
                Gee we need a young prop with some leg speed and genuine mongrel
                Apparently Fifita has been killing it in reserve grade. He should get his chance to continue that next week.
                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Baker is way better than Fifita. He has some promise.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Thought both of them were fine, to be honest. Neither of them are the finished product, and I thought Baker ran pretty hard in his first stint before firing. Also thought DSF was ok when he came on, even though I don’t really rate him.

Was pretty disappointed with May, honestly. I don’t know if he wasn’t getting passed the ball, or if he wasn’t going looking for it. When an interchange prop come on though, I expect them to go looking for the ball and get through a few runs early, and run hard. Basically what Collins does when he plays off the bench.

I don’t know if Baker or DSF are going to be mainstays in our forward pack for years to come, but neither of them are no-hopers.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
                      I wasn’t impressed with May today. Doesn’t really run with any steam behind him, DSF does
                      You and me both. But some others think he is the second coming of Christ.
                      Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                        Baker is way better than Fifita. He has some promise.
                        I’ve never been a fan of Fifita and don’t think I ever will be..

He just doesn’t have it!

Comment

I like baker but he’s a little too small. Few more kgs on him would do him the world of good.

dsf hasnt progressed in first grade. All though it’s a bit hard when your limited to 10 mins a game.

Feel we need to give Whyte or tapuha a turn

Comment

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post
                            Thought both of them were fine, to be honest. Neither of them are the finished product, and I thought Baker ran pretty hard in his first stint before firing. Also thought DSF was ok when he came on, even though I don’t really rate him.

Was pretty disappointed with May, honestly. I don’t know if he wasn’t getting passed the ball, or if he wasn’t going looking for it. When an interchange prop come on though, I expect them to go looking for the ball and get through a few runs early, and run hard. Basically what Collins does when he plays off the bench.

I don’t know if Baker or DSF are going to be mainstays in our forward pack for years to come, but neither of them are no-hopers.
                            May only had 5 carries for whatever reason - 20 tackles and 1 missed tackle

Forward metre eaters

Sitili played 80 minutes for 13 runs - 149 metres.

SST played 80 minutes for 15 runs - 131 metres.

Crichton played 80 minutes for 13 runs - 122 metres.

Nat Butcher played 39 minutes 11 runs - 106 metres.

Watson played 49 minutes for 7 runs - 77 metres.

Baker played 36 minutes for 9 runs - 71 metres.

Egan Butcher played 41 minutes for 8 runs - 56 metres.

DSF played 12 minutes for 5 runs - 49 metres.

Hutchinson played 38 minutes for 6 runs - 34 metres

May played 25 minutes for 5 runs - 29 metres.

Comment

I found it interesting Robbo didn’t get Baker and Nat back on earlier in second half. He’d have his reasons, better than mine, but I’d have got both back out earlier.

Comment

It was May’s third NRL game people, don’t expect him to have the experience and confidence of a 50+ gamer. Same goes for DSF, Baker, Walker, E Butcher. We all want instant success, but it’s not the reality for most players . Cleary is a classic example of a player who was given time and is now thriving .

Comment

Working...
                                X