Fletcher Baker and DSF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
    I like baker but he’s a little too small. Few more kgs on him would do him the world of good.

dsf hasnt progressed in first grade. All though it’s a bit hard when your limited to 10 mins a game.

Feel we need to give Whyte or tapuha a turn
    Baker's weight is pretty much the same as the majority of Rooster props - Also Baker is a backrower being developed into a prop

Baker - 194 cm and 107 kg
    JWH - 193 cm and 108 kg
    Collins - 194 cm and 106 kg
    SST - 186 cm and 108 kg

Whyte - 192 cm and 106 kg
    DSF - 192 cm and 112 kg
    May - 183 cm and 108 kg
    Hau Tapuha - 196 cm and 114 kg

Fisher-Harris - 187 cm and 103 kg

Haas - 194 cm and 117 kg

Comment

Whyte goes ok for the Bears but definitely not a standout and not worthy of a spot in firsts IMO . Hau Tapuha has a huge upside potential, but like I said perviously needs time to develop . Extremely athletic, good offload and obviously a man mountain.
      Last edited by RoosterBooster; 06-06-2022, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Tuku Hau Tapuha has a bit of grunt in him and always looks likely to get a pass away with defenders on him. I can't say i'm overly impressed with any of the other young front rowers

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
          Robbo rates Baker and so does Andrew Johns and Paul Gallon - I will leave accessing players abilities to those that know.
          Andrew Johns, champion player, woeful coach of anyone he has tutored, Pearce went backwards, the Eels guys went backwards when he was with them, The Dogs terrible and now the Knights lol, Robbo sacked him for a reason, Saluka Fifita can play, give him the ball in the right ares, Baker and Butcher are stock standard poo

Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

Andrew Johns, champion player, woeful coach of anyone he has tutored, Pearce went backwards, the Eels guys went backwards when he was with them, The Dogs terrible and now the Knights lol, Robbo sacked him for a reason, Saluka Fifita can play, give him the ball in the right ares, Baker and Butcher are stock standard poo
            Really so Robbo and Paul Gallon rate Baker and Fitzy spoke highly of N Butcher when he was awarded the Coaches award in 2021 - They know nothing either

Comment

Really so Robbo and Paul Gallon rate Baker and Fitzy spoke highly of N Butcher when he was awarded the Coaches award in 2021 - They know nothing either
              Fletcher Baker and Egan Butcher, Nat Butcher her does a role but is no game changing star.

Same guys rated Ryan Williamson and Moga coming through

Goulds regarded by many as the greatest mind in the game, gee he rates some duds

gallen rated the steroid abusing junkie

because the experts rTe them, doesnt mean they are right
              Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
                Fletcher Baker and Egan Butcher, Nat Butcher her does a role but is no game changing star.

Same guys rated Ryan Williamson and Moga coming through

Goulds regarded by many as the greatest mind in the game, gee he rates some duds

gallen rated the steroid abusing junkie

because the experts rTe them, doesnt mean they are right

Definitely agree with Egan Butcher. I was optimistic of him but the stuff he's shown so far for the Bears and Roosters has been average at best. For me we need to give Tuku a go or give DSF a more sustained go aka more than 20 minutes. Egan i feel is surplus to requirements at the moment. I'd prefer Crichton, sitili and nat butcher as 2nd rowers, with Watson and/or Hutchison sharing 13 while Marschke gets on and plays the 80

Comment

Its pretty hard to judge our middle forwards when a majority of our attack was on the right third of the field. Keary was depending on Joey Sitilli and Joseph to score all our tries.
                  looking at momo and kev standing next to each other is worring. Kev had no go forward nor has he shown he ever has.
                  I think the nrl and Trent have passified DSFs aggression. Like they have with Jaz.
                  To me we looked leaderless and rushed. Keary had an opportunity to own that game and he didnt. Some crap service from dummy half( not just Watson) but who ever rushed in on the back of a line break
                  1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Robbo rates Baker and so does Andrew Johns and Paul Gallon - I will leave accessing players abilities to those that know.
                    Maybe leave quoting their names as well champ.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Baker is definitely first grade standard, I just think his role should be limited to impact off the bench and not starting especially considerinf hes only just coming off his rookie season. He's not your traditional up and down the field power running prop so I think he will take a while for him to grow on people, similar to Isaac Liu but he definitely has value and is 100% First grade standard IMO.

Was very clear that Egan Butcher, DSF and May hadn't played many minutes this year. They were all way off the pace & physicality of the game. They will improve with more time in First Grade. I would hold judgement until that point.

Comment

Baker's weight is pretty much the same as the majority of Rooster props - Also Baker is a backrower being developed into a prop

Baker - 194 cm and 107 kg
                        JWH - 193 cm and 108 kg
                        Collins - 194 cm and 106 kg
                        SST - 186 cm and 108 kg

Whyte - 192 cm and 106 kg
                        DSF - 192 cm and 112 kg
                        May - 183 cm and 108 kg
                        Hau Tapuha - 196 cm and 114 kg

Fisher-Harris - 187 cm and 103 kg

Haas - 194 cm and 117 kg
                        Thanks for that, unsure why he looks smaller on the eye test. Maybe cause he doesn’t charge into line as fast as other players? I do like him but he’s not there yet, with sst and jwh going, need to find people to step in their shoes quickly

Comment

yeah, a good hit out for egan butcher. his first game back was very rusty and yesterday wasn't a stand out but was an improvement. he looks likely

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post

Thanks for that, unsure why he looks smaller on the eye test. Maybe cause he doesn’t charge into line as fast as other players? I do like him but he’s not there yet, with sst and jwh going, need to find people to step in their shoes quickly
                            People forget how quickly Jared used to get dominated early on in his career. He wasn't always this dominating yardage man from day dot.

Baker is still just 22, most props don't peak until their late 20s. Let's give him time.

Comment

The butchers and baker are average imo. First grade standard but that's about it the jury's out on DSF and May time will tell how they go. We have Radley, Collins and Sammy v to come back into the pack that will make a difference what worries me is we lose the next 3 and then have to fight a couple of other teams to make the 8.Stilli is going well i have to say that and i didn't rate him that much Keary is looking for him running the holes on that edge. How Momo got the reputation as a good defender is beyond me id drop him and put Smith there. Were not done yet but its harder for us, We are not the well oiled machine of 18 and 19

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

People forget how quickly Jared used to get dominated early on in his career. He wasn't always this dominating yardage man from day dot.

Baker is still just 22, most props don't peak until their late 20s. Let's give him time.
                                Yip more than happy to give him time, you can see there’s a good player there. Will just take a while.

just need someone to be the big dog until that time comes for our young forwards

Comment

Working...
                                X