Fletcher Baker and DSF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
    Neither of these two are first grade standard. Never will be. Not just a reaction of today but everything I've seen. Baker had 1 good game againts the Radiers a while back. DSF.....well, I can barely recall a dominant carry.
    Gee we need a young prop with some leg speed and genuine mongrel
    haas........................ ?

Comment

I thought Nat was strong yesterday, and for those of you doubting Egan, you might want to go watch a few of his games from last year. He was actually on of our best in almost every game he played. He’s been out of first grade a while, but he’s going to become a very serious player.

Comment

I think they both go ok. Baker will probably go further than DSF.

None of our young bulls are ready to lead the pack. I remember many said similar about Collins when he first came onto the scene. He made plenty of mistakes and doubt anyone thought he would be a SOO player.

We were missing JWH, Collins and Rads. Asking Baker, DSF, May and EButch to match it with a pretty much full strength Canberra (less Papali) was a big ask IMO.

SST tried hard but also a big ask and he hasn't been in the best of form.

Unfortunately if JWH is out for a while we could be in a bit of pain the next couple of weeks.

Comment

When I read JWH was out of the game, I knew we were gone. The others (barring) Rads don't fire up.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post

Yip more than happy to give him time, you can see there’s a good player there. Will just take a while.

just need someone to be the big dog until that time comes for our young forwards
            Lindsay Collins needs to be that guy. He's 26 and will be hitting 100 first grade times by the time JWH hangs up the boots. Not sure we will see his best footy this year which is typical of forwards after an ACL reconstruction but he's without doubt the gut IMO.

Comment

Egan should change his surname to Candlestickmaker.

Comment

Neither of these two are first grade standard. Never will be. Not just a reaction of today but everything I've seen. Baker had 1 good game againts the Radiers a while back. DSF.....well, I can barely recall a dominant carry.
                Agreed. They are squad players only.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post
                  I thought Nat was strong yesterday, and for those of you doubting Egan, you might want to go watch a few of his games from last year. He was actually on of our best in almost every game he played. He’s been out of first grade a while, but he’s going to become a very serious player.
                  I'm saying this ... Egan will be the permanent replacement of Angus on that left edge by the end of the year. He has returned from a serious foot injury and only played 1-2 games for the Bears and was quickly catapulted into the first grade side. Regardless of his current clunky form, he is adapting and getting up to speed ... with more games exposure/experience, he will definitely become a strong and permanent fixture within our squad for years to come.

The potential and hype is real ... Robbo and the club knows this as well !

Angus will depart the club end of the year and the club will not stand in his way or try and keep him.
                  Last edited by DP1990; 06-06-2022, 02:39 PM.

Comment

It's a bit hard to judge players when they barely play 10mins each week....

Comment

6 Roosters players have impressed me this year - Teddy, Sitili, Joey, Toops , JWH and Suaalii.
                      If it wasn't for these guys, Roosters would be fighting for the wooden spoon.
                      Most of these guys are our senior players.
                      The rest of our squad have been underwhelming, to say the least.
                      And what is wrong with our young guys?
                      In most other sides , they become guns , and are becoming regular first graders.
                      No such luck at the Roosters, they all look disinterested.
                      I agree with a lot of the comments made on the chookpen.
                      And as a special mention , I will even go so far to list the players who have FAILED to impress this year:
                      F Baker, DSF, Momo, Naquima, E Butcher, B Smith, Watson.
                      You would think that some of these guys (7 of them) , along with the other 17 guys that haven't been mentioned, could pick up their form between now and the end of the year?
                      Surely that isn't too much to ask?
                      6 players in form, and 24 out of form.
                      Sums up the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post

It's a bit hard to judge players when they barely play 10mins each week....
                        Not really, the opposite. Surely playing limited minutes your carries are explosive as fark with good intent and legspeed. These two dont challenge the defense at all or bend the line often. DSF seems to get stopped in his tracks 90% of the time

Comment

On forwards coming through… What’s people know about this Ethan Roberts kid. Will be in top 30 next year and still only 17yrs old.

Comment

Working...
                          X