Who is in charge of recruitment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is in charge of recruitment?

Maybe it's the fact I went down to Canberra to watch us put in that god awful performance, or maybe it's 100 other things. But seriously. Who is making these recruitment decisions for our club? Recently, other than Smith (who hasn't come yet), some of the players we have sought after and brought to this team, embarrassing. Momorovski, there was a reason we let him go a few years ago, and the Tigers got rid of him. Way too much focus on how he was last season at Penrith, I'm confident determined us offering him the 3 year contract. Anyone can go to that Penrith side and look good in defence, and attack, with the class players they have, in both facets. Other than last week, this guy has been Sunday grade quality. Offers absolutely nothing in attack, and that would be alright if he could defend as well as everyone says he can, but he has made some real costly misses this season. I won't even get started on Naiqama, that guy gets exposed at NSW cup level so the less I say the better. Atoni and Watson were the other two signings for this season. One has been average in NSW Cup and now out with an injury layoff, and the other, I understand isn't playing his regular position off the bench (playing at lock), but still should be offering something to this team (I still think that's a simple fix, and get Marschke playing as an out and out hooker, because he's definitely not playing poorly for the Bears). The club has really made some questionable decisions as of late in regards to our roster, and it's not how we usually do things. How can we have Cordner, Friend, Cronk, Aubo, Ferguson, Latrell, Liu etc (and soon to be TKO/JWH) leave this club in the past few years, and the $ that they are/were on, and yet the players we are targeting are reserve grade, at best.
    Last edited by tloos1999; 06-06-2022, 01:36 PM.

Ultimately the guy in charge is Trent Robinson to answer your question, its his squad.

Comment

Billy Smith continues to disappoint.

Comment

Careful buddy, you will upset a few loyalist who won’t allow any criticism of Trent and his team…

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
          Billy Smith continues to disappoint.
          Agree, although I feel he would be better than having Momorovski in that 17. Maybe not. That's not really a confident opinion. They both offer the same as each other...null.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post
            Careful buddy, you will upset a few loyalist who won’t allow any criticism of Trent and his team…
            Sad isn't it. Unfortunately nowadays, you can't support a team but also have an opinion, without being called a fake fan. Then again, this forums has no rules. Queen Salvo talks about how we shouldn't single out players, yet makes a thread post game yesterday titled; ''Isolating the Raiders four tries - who or whom is at fault''. What a world we live in.

Comment

> How can we have Cordner, Friend, Cronk, Aubo, Ferguson, Latrell, Liu etc (and soon to be TKO/JWH) leave this club in the past few years, and the $ that they are/were on, and yet the players we are targeting are reserve grade, at best.

Right so Collins, Manu, Walker, Suaalii, Tedesco, Radley, Cheese, Tupou, Baker and Egan are all worse than reserve grade? Fair enough.

Also... I wasn't aware that JWH and SST had left the club! Last time I checked, they're on our current roster.

IMO it's easy to cherry-pick and throw stones around after a bad loss (where we were without half our cavalry, playing in ~5'C conditions at a small stadium that's always a bit rough to dominate the locals at).

What's harder is to see the big picture and show some cojones when we've just had a loss.

You've gotta bank on dudes like Watson, Naiqama and Momirovski who wanna play under Robbo as the salary cap doesn't provide you with the $$$ to splash tonnes of cash on elite wingers/utilities. On paper they're all quality individuals who can break a line. For that money... what other backup players are you gonna buy? Seriously name them! Who's gonna take minimum wage or similar and provide more than them?

We all hate losing, but toughen up mate!!! The Doggies sacked Hasler + J-Moz because they came 12th. How'd that work out for them? Then they sacked Barrett coz they still s*ck. You can't always match it with the top dogs, and sack everybody when you're not #1. Let alone... constantly match it with proud, local clubs at home in icy conditions without your cavalry. We did get bloody close against the Faders!!! Toughen the fark up son.

Robbo's yet to finish outside the top 8, including during a season where the sheer quantity of injuries meant that nobody woulda blamed him. Things COULD be a lot worse without Robbo and all the understudy players on SFA who you wish were as good as their masters...
              Last edited by ism22; 06-06-2022, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Daniel Anderson but its hardly his fault.
                There's a very good crop of recruited youngsters in our pathways plying their trade.
                In fact from what I understand they've established an Academy for the standouts like Freddy's son. From there their development is tracked. Hopefully we'll get to appreciate the Va'a boys and alike in years to come. Cheaper to develop than "poach".
                The toughest thing is keeping the blue chip one's like Volkman.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                  > How can we have Cordner, Friend, Cronk, Aubo, Ferguson, Latrell, Liu etc (and soon to be TKO/JWH) leave this club in the past few years, and the $ that they are/were on, and yet the players we are targeting are reserve grade, at best.

Right so Collins, Manu, Walker, Suaalii, Tedesco, Radley, Cheese, Tupou, Baker and Egan are all worse than reserve grade? Fair enough.

Also... I wasn't aware that JWH and SST had left the club! Last time I checked, they're on our current roster.

IMO it's easy to cherry-pick and throw stones around after a bad loss (where we were without half our cavalry, playing in ~5'C conditions at a small stadium that's always a bit rough to dominate the locals at).

What's harder is to see the big picture and show some cojones when we've just had a loss.

You've gotta bank on dudes like Watson, Naiqama and Momirovski who wanna play under Robbo as the salary cap doesn't provide you with the $$$ to splash tonnes of cash on elite wingers/utilities. On paper they're all quality individuals who can break a line. For that money... what other backup players are you gonna buy? Seriously name them! Who's gonna take minimum wage or similar and provide more than them?

We all hate losing, but toughen up mate!!! The Doggies sacked Hasler + J-Moz because they came 12th. How'd that work out for them? Then they sacked Barrett coz they still s*ck. You can't always match it with the top dogs, and sack everybody when you're not #1. Let alone... constantly match it with proud, local clubs at home in icy conditions without your cavalry. We did get bloody close against the Faders!!! Toughen the fark up son.

Robbo's yet to finish outside the top 8, including during a season where the sheer quantity of injuries meant that nobody woulda blamed him. Things COULD be a lot worse without Robbo and all the understudy players on SFA who you wish were as good as their masters...
                  Paid professionals , end of story as a lawyer if you do a crap job you get reprimanded or even sacked What is the difference

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Everyone can have an opinion, and you might disagree with my take, but I stopped reading what you said after; “Watson, Naiqama and Momirovski who wanna play under Robbo as the salary cap doesn't provide you with the $$$ to splash tonnes of cash on elite wingers/utilities. On paper they're all quality individuals who can break a line”. You’re taking the mickey with a comment like that. Then you go onto to say we got close against the Raiders? As if that’s some sort of win? We lost the game, we got outplayed by a bang average side, and even with our outs you keep referring to, other than a few players, it’s still a decent team, much better than what they had on paper with very key outs. But we’ll agree to disagree.

Comment

Well........

There’s been no word on when Waerea-Hargreaves will return to the field, but the Roosters will be hoping it’s sooner rather than later given they take on the Storm, Eels and Panthers in the next three weeks.

Lets see where we are after these 3 games!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                        Well........

There’s been no word on when Waerea-Hargreaves will return to the field, but the Roosters will be hoping it’s sooner rather than later given they take on the Storm, Eels and Panthers in the next three weeks.

Lets see where we are after these 3 games!

Probably around 12th.....

Comment

It wasn't our best performance, but I thought we went ok yesterday.
                          With some luck we could of easily scored 3 or 4 more tries. We outplayed Canberra for large patches, but the game manager brought them back time after time. Had no luck with the bounce of the ball either.
                          However, I agree that the Koala ain't up to first grade, and Smith and Momo were a bit disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Paid professionals , end of story as a lawyer if you do a crap job you get reprimanded or even sacked What is the difference
                            Tell that to Amber Turd's legal team lol

Comment

When 6 agains were introduced, instead of having a powerful pack we focused on speed. I think now we can see how power is lacking in our pack with strong packs able to withstand constant attacks on their line. We definitely need heavier, more powerful forwards.
                              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Working...
                              X