Sack the closet Souffs fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sack the closet Souffs fans

None of us like losing but fark me some fans are soft!!!

So ya wanna release Watson, Momirovski and Naiqama so that we can sign Payne Haas? Good for you! Now welcome back to reality...

We're 7th on the ladder. When was it EVER easy to beat the Faders against an icy breez in Canberra (with a ref making a heap of obnoxious calls including a 'knock-on' when our player's tackled without the ball and 'I didn't see anything... on report though' when a grub intentionally kicks one of our players in the head, making it piss out blood for the next 60 minutes)? Farking never!!! Faaaaaarking never. The Faders always setup a good cauldron (no matter how lame that bloody horn/clap were) and the game was a tribute to Hodgeson.

It's easy to cherry-pick players who you dislike, but IMO Robbo's still the master as he can see the big picture. If you wanna sack him and a bunch of fringe players that he's banked on then fine. However, I reckon the big picture is that we're in the 8 and need some tweaking in order to be a more consistent team.

If people don't wanna wait around and see the said tweaking/improvements then that's their call and they can fark off to Souffs. However I reckon part of being a fan is seeing us develop.

Sorry if you don't like some of our players... IMO part of recruitment is looking for bargains that fit our culture, while retaining the best of the best. There will always be a mixture of Joe Burgesses / Ryan Halls and Brett Morrises / Blake Fergos. How you develop them and then cycle through them at the right moment is what makes or breaks the team's culture. IMO right now we're selecting the right dudes and overall it's working!

Bringing up the Rapana incident is very interesting. Hasn’t been talked about on the pen yet. For me it’s a red card. Worse than what Latrell did to Manu. Latrell was reckless but I don’t believe he had intention to hurt. What Rapana was intention to hurt. No momentum carried the leg, he was on ground and he kicks out with leg at face. Bunker should’ve brought back and at least a yellow. Hope he gets a big suspension

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

So ya wanna release Watson, Momirovski and Naiqama so that we can sign Payne Haas? Good for you! Now welcome back to reality...

We're 7th on the ladder. When was it EVER easy to beat the Faders against an icy breez in Canberra (with a ref making a heap of obnoxious calls including a 'knock-on' when our player's tackled without the ball and 'I didn't see anything... on report though' when a grub intentionally kicks one of our players in the head, making it piss out blood for the next 60 minutes)? Farking never!!! Faaaaaarking never. The Faders always setup a good cauldron (no matter how lame that bloody horn/clap were) and the game was a tribute to Hodgeson.

It's easy to cherry-pick players who you dislike, but IMO Robbo's still the master as he can see the big picture. If you wanna sack him and a bunch of fringe players that he's banked on then fine. However, I reckon the big picture is that we're in the 8 and need some tweaking in order to be a more consistent team.

If people don't wanna wait around and see the said tweaking/improvements then that's their call and they can fark off to Souffs. However I reckon part of being a fan is seeing us develop.

Sorry if you don't like some of our players... IMO part of recruitment is looking for bargains that fit our culture, while retaining the best of the best. There will always be a mixture of Joe Burgesses / Ryan Halls and Brett Morrises / Blake Fergos. How you develop them and then cycle through them at the right moment is what makes or breaks the team's culture. IMO right now we're selecting the right dudes and overall it's working!
      That’s all well and good, but it’s not just losing to the Raiders on a cold day.
      it’s losing to the Knights, Saints and Dogs also for the exact same reasons

the definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results
      and the only change I can see is that Robbo now names Hutch at 9 instead of switching with Connor before every game.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
        Bringing up the Rapana incident is very interesting. Hasn’t been talked about on the pen yet. For me it’s a red card. Worse than what Latrell did to Manu. Latrell was reckless but I don’t believe he had intention to hurt. What Rapana was intention to hurt. No momentum carried the leg, he was on ground and he kicks out with leg at face. Bunker should’ve brought back and at least a yellow. Hope he gets a big suspension
        Yep.

1 week is all he got.

And Jared gets sent off for saying a bad word.

Comment

Oh and I hear "immortal" Andrew Johns said it was Butcher who was the aggressor, making "a really dangerous legs tackle" on Rapana.

Comment

Monaco’s Fan Club was spot on, you say something out of line and the die hard loyalists will cry till the cows come home, maybe even go as far to start a thread. Woe me. Most of us go to every game possible, have followed the club through thick and thin, so when we want to say something, we can bloody well say something. I love this club. But the way we have gone about this season, is not what I/we are used to. Maybe it’s all the success recently and stepping down from that, it feels different. Maybe this is a rebuilding phase that is happening and I’ll support it. Maybe it’s 100 other things happening on at the club, and whatever it is, I’ll still wake up and be a Roosters fan. But if people can’t have an opinion, and get to have their two cents after some pretty lackluster performances (and overall season), then it’s ironic you calling fans soft and telling them to “fark off to Souths”, when you’re the one up in arms about freedom of speech. Don’t say, “IMO right now we're selecting the right dudes and overall it's working!”, either, because look where we are on the ladder, look at the tough games we have coming up, and look at who we have dropped points to this season. Newcastle, Dragons, Bulldogs and Raiders to name a few. We shouldn’t be doing that on our worst day. Anyways, up the Roosters and whatever happens, happens, but don’t get emotional when people want to get clarity and ask questions about things going on at the club.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
              Oh and I hear "immortal" Andrew Johns said it was Butcher who was the aggressor, making "a really dangerous legs tackle" on Rapana.
              I mean, it was a penalty against Butcher, but Rapana's kick was malicious, not reckless (like Latrell) or careless. He had intention to hurt. I don't know who the penalty would've gone to, probably the Raiders because first infringement was on Roosters but Rapana should've got a red. Not calling Adam Gee out for being bias, he's actually quite consistent, but he is also consistently shite at reffing

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post

That’s all well and good, but it’s not just losing to the Raiders on a cold day.
                it’s losing to the Knights, Saints and Dogs also for the exact same reasons

the definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results
                and the only change I can see is that Robbo now names Hutch at 9 instead of switching with Connor before every game.
                Bravo !

Comment

i don't think they're closet souths fans - it's because they're mad rooster fans that they take the losses so badly - but yeah, this place is a wailing wall after a defeat

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                    i don't think they're closet souths fans - it's because they're mad rooster fans that they take the losses so badly - but yeah, this place is a wailing wall after a defeat
                    Maybe Eels fans. If you read their posts over a period of time you come to realise that they are pretty much have no idea what they are talking about, like signing renowned big game player, Mitch Moses. They aren't worth the oxygen that they are thieving to worry too much about.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                      Some of us do wear our hearts on our sleeve. We just need somewhere to vent.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Did you watch the game?! The caldron was not what we entered yesterday, we just handed the win to them.

I think it’s reasonable to be pi$$ed off after that shocking performance which was shades of Dogs, Dragons and Knights games.

The fact is we SHOULD have beaten them. Surely you’d agree Momo isn’t playing at a first grade standard atm?

Im not suggesting all should be released but there deserves to be some dropped from that performance. We knew Teddy and Collins would be in SOO, and we looked like we hadn’t planned for it at all.

Comment

It's ridiculous the flip flopping that goes on here even during the game if you read the "official match day thread" - never hear a peep out of them when they win but if they lose every player is under the gun some more than others i.e the usual ones such as Baker/ Sitili/Watson/Momirovski / N Butcher/ Crichton/Keary/Collins and even Robbo and staff and Recruitment cop it too. mmm Uncle Nick will be next I assume

Maybe instead of calling them the arm chair neville's I should go back to calling them the Statler and Waldorfs again.

To start a post that Paul Momirovski is the worst player in history is an absolute disgrace and cowardly behaviour. say it to him in person.

Comment

As someone who tries to stay optimistic about things, its been hard trying to defend results such as the ones that have happened over the past few weeks. If we had lost one of those games (Newcastle, St George, Bulldogs and Raiders) then it wouldn't be a big deal.

But as a result of those results, they've made it very difficult to even make the 8 when many were predicting better things than what has transpired. I don't blame people for voicing their concerns over this season, even I question what's been happening recently.

This time last season, we were enduring the worst run of injuries yet we were 5th on 20 points (9-4) and had only one embarrassing loss against a Broncos side that was 15th when we played them. Forwards this season have been poor, the signings have been mediocre and we've lost to average-terrible teams compared to this time last season (Souths, Melbourne, Eels and Broncos).

Comment

I think we need to realise that we really are a long way off the top teams and stop expecting us to beat every team we play by 20 points. Having said that, I fully expect us to beat Melbourne this week and will vent profusely about sacking players if we don't

Comment

Working...
                              X