Sack the closet Souffs fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigCok007 View Post

Did you watch the game?! The caldron was not what we entered yesterday, we just handed the win to them.

I think it’s reasonable to be pi$$ed off after that shocking performance which was shades of Dogs, Dragons and Knights games.

The fact is we SHOULD have beaten them. Surely you’d agree Momo isn’t playing at a first grade standard atm?

Im not suggesting all should be released but there deserves to be some dropped from that performance. We knew Teddy and Collins would be in SOO, and we looked like we hadn’t planned for it at all.

Certainly way too harsh and unwarranted for the usual culprits to blame Momirovski for the loss as after all the Raiders had 6 again as a result of a Manu error in failing to regather the ball from a kick deep in the Roosters half and scored that try in the ensuring set of 6.

Manu at first was going to let the ball bounce as fullbacks/players do so often these day then at the last moment changes his mind and attempts to catch it but it comes off his arm or body instead- if he went straight away with the intent of catching it then no doubt he would have.

Which would mean the Roosters would have had the ball on tackle 1 and not the Raiders obtaining a 6 again and scoring a try in that ensuring set. i.e be no Momirovski missed tackle

Suaalii made 5 errors in that game including a crucial play the ball error that gave the Raiders possession deep in the Roosters half and they ultimately scored a converted try -If he doesn't make that error in the play the ball they don't have the ball in that part of the field to score that converted try - they would have have been rucking it out from their own end.

Last play Suaalii steps into touch -sure you can say he didn't score in any case but you still need to be aware of where the sideline is.

The vision of some on here when watching a game is very much clouded and contingent on whether they like a player or not as you certainly know the players these so called supporters don't like as these same players cop it after every loss.

As Gomer Pyle USMC often said "Shame Shame Shame "

Last edited by King Salvo; 06-06-2022, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tloos1999 View Post
      Monaco’s Fan Club was spot on, you say something out of line and the die hard loyalists will cry till the cows come home, maybe even go as far to start a thread. Woe me. Most of us go to every game possible, have followed the club through thick and thin, so when we want to say something, we can bloody well say something. I love this club. But the way we have gone about this season, is not what I/we are used to. Maybe it’s all the success recently and stepping down from that, it feels different. Maybe this is a rebuilding phase that is happening and I’ll support it. Maybe it’s 100 other things happening on at the club, and whatever it is, I’ll still wake up and be a Roosters fan. But if people can’t have an opinion, and get to have their two cents after some pretty lackluster performances (and overall season), then it’s ironic you calling fans soft and telling them to “fark off to Souths”, when you’re the one up in arms about freedom of speech. Don’t say, “IMO right now we're selecting the right dudes and overall it's working!”, either, because look where we are on the ladder, look at the tough games we have coming up, and look at who we have dropped points to this season. Newcastle, Dragons, Bulldogs and Raiders to name a few. We shouldn’t be doing that on our worst day. Anyways, up the Roosters and whatever happens, happens, but don’t get emotional when people want to get clarity and ask questions about things going on at the club.
      Spot on, great piece

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
        I think we need to realise that we really are a long way off the top teams and stop expecting us to beat every team we play by 20 points. Having said that, I fully expect us to beat Melbourne this week and will vent profusely about sacking players if we don't
        lol....
        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
          None of us like losing but fark me some fans are soft!!!

So ya wanna release Watson, Momirovski and Naiqama so that we can sign Payne Haas? Good for you! Now welcome back to reality...

We're 7th on the ladder. When was it EVER easy to beat the Faders against an icy breez in Canberra (with a ref making a heap of obnoxious calls including a 'knock-on' when our player's tackled without the ball and 'I didn't see anything... on report though' when a grub intentionally kicks one of our players in the head, making it piss out blood for the next 60 minutes)? Farking never!!! Faaaaaarking never. The Faders always setup a good cauldron (no matter how lame that bloody horn/clap were) and the game was a tribute to Hodgeson.

It's easy to cherry-pick players who you dislike, but IMO Robbo's still the master as he can see the big picture. If you wanna sack him and a bunch of fringe players that he's banked on then fine. However, I reckon the big picture is that we're in the 8 and need some tweaking in order to be a more consistent team.

If people don't wanna wait around and see the said tweaking/improvements then that's their call and they can fark off to Souffs. However I reckon part of being a fan is seeing us develop.

Sorry if you don't like some of our players... IMO part of recruitment is looking for bargains that fit our culture, while retaining the best of the best. There will always be a mixture of Joe Burgesses / Ryan Halls and Brett Morrises / Blake Fergos. How you develop them and then cycle through them at the right moment is what makes or breaks the team's culture. IMO right now we're selecting the right dudes and overall it's working!
          So if fans are angry at the performances of their team they're bit allowed to vent their frustration on a supporters forum without being labelled traitors(closet Souths fans). That's a bit of BS.

We are die hard fans, we want the best for our club and with the team we got it's only fair to expect more from them.

You want us to support everything without any question allowed then maybe you're better suited to a life in the people's republic of China.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
            It's ridiculous the flip flopping that goes on here even during the game if you read the "official match day thread" - never hear a peep out of them when they win but if they lose every player is under the gun some more than others i.e the usual ones such as Baker/ Sitili/Watson/Momirovski / N Butcher/ Crichton/Keary/Collins and even Robbo and staff and Recruitment cop it too. mmm Uncle Nick will be next I assume

Maybe instead of calling them the arm chair neville's I should go back to calling them the Statler and Waldorfs again.

To start a post that Paul Momirovski is the worst player in history is an absolute disgrace and cowardly behaviour. say it to him in person.

You just like calling people with differing opinions names and labelling them anyway so what’s new?
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post

So if fans are angry at the performances of their team they're bit allowed to vent their frustration on a supporters forum without being labelled traitors(closet Souths fans). That's a bit of BS.

We are die hard fans, we want the best for our club and with the team we got it's only fair to expect more from them.

You want us to support everything without any question allowed then maybe you're better suited to a life in the people's republic of China.
              Yes you can say something about the team and analyse their performance but unwarranted and cowardly attacks on individual players is not acceptable.

Starting a post that Paul Momirovski is the worst player in history is acceptable in your view ?

Would they something similar about someone they work with such as a manager perhaps " x is the worst manager in history" - mmm possibly be down centrelink or searching the internet looking for a new job if they did

Momirovski/Baker/Lam/Collins/Sitili/Verrils/Keary/ Naqaima/Smith/Hutch etc etc deserve respect not ridicule from faceless people hiding behind a computer screen.

Being a true supporter or die hard fan as you call it is supporting the team and club through the good and bad times the same way.

You are not seeing the work they put in during the week or are out their on field knowing what they are going through as players - As the saying somewhat goes " Before you judge them, walk a mile in their shoes"
              Last edited by King Salvo; 06-06-2022, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Yes you can say something about the team and analyse their performance but unwarranted and cowardly attacks on individual players is not acceptable.

Starting a post that Paul Momirovski is the worst player in history is acceptable in your view ?

Would they something similar about someone they work with such as a manager perhaps " x is the worst manager in history" - mmm possibly be down centrelink or searching the internet looking for a new job if they did

Momirovski/Baker/Lam/Collins/Sitili/Verrils/Keary/ Naqaima/Smith/Hutch etc etc deserve respect not ridicule from faceless people hiding behind a computer screen.

Being a true supporter or die hard fan as you call it is supporting the team and club through the good and bad times the same way.

You are not seeing the work they put in during the week or are out their on field knowing what they are going through as players - As the saying somewhat goes " Before you judge them, walk a mile in their shoes"

I definately agreed with you statement that the name of the post is not acceptable though they're free to express their views as are you or any of us.

The players do deserve our respect but cannot be void of our ridicule. The ridicule is part of any sporting club.

Fans feel invested in the team and when things don't go right the fans expect answers, improvement or results.

Take a look at some of the other fans forums compared to thechookpen, we're nothing in compraison.

Comment

Isolating the Raiders four tries - who or whom is at fault”. That’s a thread you made earlier. One rule for Salvo, and another for everyone else.

Last edited by tloos1999; 06-06-2022, 11:01 PM.

Comment

If our Canberra based pen’sters turned up, the boys would’ve scored those two missed tries and taken the win. Nuthin surer

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post

People can say whatever the fark they like. This doesn't prevent me from critiquing their feeble cries to sack the whole team whenever we get beaten.

FWIW this isn't the PRC. If we were there then mah boi Xi Jinping (he's a mad Easts fan - occasionally joins us at the Tattersalls for cognac and cuban cigars) woulda cooked the result so that we never lose to shyte teams, and anybody who plays too well against us will suffer a tragic, career-ending injury.

Comment

Wholeheartedly agree with the OP's sentiment.

There are a big cross section of Chooks fans who can't cope with challenges due to our clubs extraordinary success in recent years. And that isnt waxing lyrical.....our club is the equal most successful club in the comp over the past decade. We've always been either winning grand finals, winning minor prems, and we almost always finish top4. Only Storm fans have had a comparable run.

I'd wager plenty of the complainers would be younger blokes -20s, 30s - who don't even remember (or weren't around for) anything pre 2013.

I have no problem with critiquing players or critiqing the team, even if its negative.

But FFS, the vitriol for some of the human beings in our team is pretty bloody poor.

One notable serial complainer (who never turns up on the pen when we win.....let's call him Ray.S) blew his top earlier this year saying we had to sack this bloke, sack that bloke, blah blah.
                        We were running 4th on the ladder at the time. AND with our fullback, one prop and one half coming back into the season from serious knee injuries.

I'd suggest if you're going to make it negative, make it constructive. And make sure you have perspective as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tloos1999 View Post

Isolating the Raiders four tries - who or whom is at fault”. That’s a thread you made earlier. One rule for Salvo, and another for everyone else.
                          Post of the year.

Anyone who can’t see Mr Google’s contradictory and passive aggressive ways need to go to Spec Savers.

Wish I could like your post more than once.
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

This place is for talking about the Roosters, we will not all agree but people should not be personally attacked for having a differing opinion.
                            At the beginning of the year I suggested we paid to much for a centre and immediately regretted it.
                            Just made me think why do I even bother coming on here to make conversation.

Comment

Stacks on. This very notion is intrinsically linked to rugby league and it’s origins.

Comment

Working...
                              X