Commentary/analysis of our games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commentary/analysis of our games

Is anyone else getting sick of watching us make a mistake just to hear the commentators, in a bemused tone, say "Well that was un-Rooster like"? Must've happened 3 or 4 times on Fox yesterday, and it happens essentially every week. Maybe it would've been "un-Rooster like" three years ago, but when you say it every week you have to wonder if maybe making dumb mistakes/poor goal line D is not particularly out of character for this current crop. I get it is supposed to be a back handed compliment but it just wreaks of lazy commentators who cant be bothered to provide any actual insight to the fans sitting at home and instead revert to rattling off all the football cliches they know.

Yep it irritates me too. It also irritates me when they say it when we have half our first choice squad out.

Comment

Dan Ginnane is a walking cliche but I'm sick of all commentators, when talking about a player, invariably call that player the best going around at the moment. Everyone's a SOO certainty, the best in their position in the NRL or 'pound for pound', the best there's ever been. Sh!t$ me to tears. Just once I'd like to hear a commentator say that a player is hopeless or should be dropped.
      1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
      1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

only got yourself to blame if you don't use the mute button

Comment

I just can't stand anything that comes out of Ennis' mouth.
          But when he commentates the Roosters he irritates the f out of me.
          I was going to switch to Channel 9 but Gould and Johns is double the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosta4life View Post
            Is anyone else getting sick of watching us make a mistake just to hear the commentators, in a bemused tone, say "Well that was un-Rooster like"? Must've happened 3 or 4 times on Fox yesterday, and it happens essentially every week. Maybe it would've been "un-Rooster like" three years ago, but when you say it every week you have to wonder if maybe making dumb mistakes/poor goal line D is not particularly out of character for this current crop. I get it is supposed to be a back handed compliment but it just wreaks of lazy commentators who cant be bothered to provide any actual insight to the fans sitting at home and instead revert to rattling off all the football cliches they know.
            we have been dropping balls and giving away penalties for 20yrs...the difference is we have had champion teams in the past to make up for it.

Commentators are only just catching on now we are just another average team, goes to show how much they know about the game really...

Comment

Working...
            X