Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do we need to do to become contenders again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all boils down to being able to play 80 minutes of footy. - Why is it that they cannot play a decent level of football for 80 minutes though

They don't appear to be physically or mentally prepared to be able to do that as a team no matter who is on the field at the time.

They need to improve on the basics of the game they can control over the 80 minutes- ball control (high set completions) and reducing errors (handling and missed tackles) and improving their discipline ( penalties and set restarts conceded).

They need to change/ tweak the way they play as well especially in attack - As I said on other posts 43 tackles in the Raiders red zone and all that was produced was the Sitili all or nothing charge at the line for a try and a try from a kick to Suaalii.

As Big Jack Gibson said " In Football, If your standing still, You're going backwards fast".
    Last edited by King Salvo; 06-10-2022, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Brandon Smith, Haas and Burton thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I think Jack once said the bigger and faster my players are, the better I seem to coach.
        wasnt that BB?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post

wasnt that BB?
          Jack was inspired by BB’s rants back in the 60s

Comment

Yes, our young players need a bit more experience, we lost a hell of a lot in a short space of time, but a little more is needed.
            I think Payne Haas wants to come here, and won't be asking for a mill.
            I hope a Walker/Manu combination will be dangerous in attack.
            I have high hopes for Brandon Smith.
            A fast winger to replace Suuali when he moves to centre.
            A lot more luck with injuries.
            and TIT.

Comment

We simply need to be the Easts team we were against Cronulla in the first 40 mins - for 80 mins, EVERY week! Is that too much to ask?
              Come on guys, it’s an hour and twenty minutes out of your week that you have to be ON. Not that much to ask for your $450k a year.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                It all boils down to being able to play 80 minutes of footy. - Why is it that they cannot play a decent level of football for 80 minutes though

They don't appear to be physically or mentally prepared to be able to do that as a team no matter who is on the field at the time.

They need to improve on the basics of the game they can control over the 80 minutes- ball control (high set completions) and reducing errors (handling and missed tackles) and improving their discipline ( penalties and set restarts conceded).

They need to change/ tweak the way they play as well especially in attack - As I said on other posts 43 tackles in the Raiders red zone and all that was produced was the Sitili all or nothing charge at the line for a try and a try from a kick to Suaalii.

As Big Jack Gibson said " In Football, If your standing still, You're going backwards fast".
                Thanks Coach.
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

We haven’t been an 80 minute team since Robbo’s first season or two.
                  Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Mentality mate we lost that aura about us but that comes with experience, I hate to say it unless we have room in the cap to replace that experience with winners, players who know what it takes then we have to be patient 2-3 years if we keep all these young guys together we don’t have the right balance yet it’s delicate but we have to be patient

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy View Post
                      Mentality mate we lost that aura about us but that comes with experience, I hate to say it unless we have room in the cap to replace that experience with winners, players who know what it takes then we have to be patient 2-3 years if we keep all these young guys together we don’t have the right balance yet it’s delicate but we have to be patient
                      Completely agree. Unless we are going to raid the Riff and Storm squads we need to rediscover/rebuild our winning culture internally. No other team other than those two have that winning at all costs mentally. Barring 2016 we had it from 2013-2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I think Jack once said the bigger and faster my players are, the better I seem to coach.
                        Exactly.
                        Big is better...so is faster.
                        The
                        "too big, too strong, too fast" thing.

Big Jack also wrote:
                        "A player can have speed, strength, skill and courage, but the question I ask is: can I win with him?"

(hanging on the wall in Peter Wynn's SCORE sport store in Parramatta.)

Comment

We need some variety in our kicking. How good was it watching Munster finding the space in between winger & FB on Wednesday night. Keary’s 25M end to ends are our only go to. Switch it up.

Errors is another thing but it seems like it’s a fantasyland reality when it comes to us fixing that.

Comment

Because of the referreing of our games, we obviously have to bash opposition players into submission (legally of course) so we can then run over them at pace and win.
                            To do that we need 120kg forwards,, big boppas with big muscles, big fast legs. Manly has such a forward.
                            Sipley, 190cm 120kg.
                            We need 6 of them.
                            Last edited by bondi.boy; 06-10-2022, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Our problems are many but simple to fix, I think.

Kicking - We need to work on this big time. Look at bombs for the wingers, in goal kicks and tactical long kicks.

Errors - We love to take the pressure off with stupid stuff.

Penalties - Why do we give away stupid penalties?

Big edge forwards - that's our weakest link atm. We need a OLAKAU'ATU, SCHUSTER, KOLOAMATANGI or NIKORA

Comment

B Smith
                                P Hass
                                And I think as good as Keary & Walker are I think the Chooks need a big 5/8 like Burton to partner Walker.
                                If the Chooks get those 3 it will help to get them back to a top 2 team IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X