No announcement yet.

What does “ Roosters Way” mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But in layman's terms its pretty much...

Eyes up, head down, shoulders back, now heads up, now shoulders squared, shorts down, shorts up, look to your front, cover your rear, watch your back, go after em, meet, beat, never retreat...and mostly just

Fkn win!!

Comment

Dropped Balls and Dumb Penalties...

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
        I grew up in Bondi Junction. It was pretty rough in the 70s and 80s. Now my old street is filled with 4WDs driven by people who can't drive.

Kids would play cricket or footy on the street, ride skateboards, get into a stink or two, move if a car came, then keep playing. Nowadays they're all inside.

It sh!ts me when I tell people I grew up in Bondi Junction. They react as though I was brought up with a silver spoon. They have NFI what it used to be. Sadly it ain't the place it used to be.
        I moved between Forrest (Canberra - all mansions for embassies and stuff now on 1/4 of our old block), Austinmer (the Gong), Seaforth (next to Garrett's house - think loud junkies, not celebrated human rights champs) and Paddo (Surry Hills/Darlonside...down near the Beuchamp) around about that time with a single mum.

It's amazing how things change ay? But nup. The young hipsters driving their SUVs, all thinking they're food snobs coz they can order 'smashed' avo (seriously, you mash a farking avocado) & be difficult with baristas all think the previous generation's had it all handed to them.

In contrast my wife grew up in Vietnam during the 90's and EVERYBODY is like 'aaaaw you must be so strong!!! That must have been soooo hard!!!' I'm like...haha...haha... picture living in a mansion in a part of town where ALL homeless/poor people are banned, having multiple Benz'/BMWs, servants doing all the work and bribes being paid every step of the way so thatbypu literally cannot fail (e.g. you will get 100% in every school exam and the teacher will be sacked if they tell you you're wrong... all kids at the said school will end up leveraging the said marks to do law or med in a western country, where they will be purchased a mansion to live in).

I'm not complaining. All the above places that I lived in were pretty decent (none were slums) but it's interesting seeing how people's brains are wired about who's had it easy.

Comment

The Roosters way means absolutely nothing, a throw away line. The nonsensical embellishment of a mythical frippery, could be associated with almost any club, to pander to the sensitivities of of the chorus line, by the chosen, and most loftiest silversliders of not only the Roosters, but of all. Suffice to say no amount of rhetorical pomposity of the so called Roosters way, disguises the fact that it means bugger all.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
            I was listening to Robbos press conference today and realized I don’t actually know what the “Roosters Way/Style “ of rugby is?
            Has this ever been defined publicly?
            Dropped balls.
            Give away dumb penalties.
            Too tried to attack.
            Part time dummy halves.

The Roosters way!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
              I grew up in Bondi Junction. It was pretty rough in the 70s and 80s. Now my old street is filled with 4WDs driven by people who can't drive.

Kids would play cricket or footy on the street, ride skateboards, get into a stink or two, move if a car came, then keep playing. Nowadays they're all inside.

It sh!ts me when I tell people I grew up in Bondi Junction. They react as though I was brought up with a silver spoon. They have NFI what it used to be. Sadly it ain't the place it used to be.
              100%.

While there are Penrith supporters who live in river front McMansions at Emu Plains worth 2m and sending their kids to Kings.

But the media love a narrative between silvertails and fibros, because its all about heroes and villians to them. And the sheeple lap it up. Dolts.

Comment

The Roosters way involves not making excuses and excelling in what you can control. The Next Man Up concept epitomizes the Roosters Way - responsibility, manning up, not looking for the easy way out, courage, excellence, self sacrifice, putting in the second effort even though exhausted....I'm starting to sound like Melon.

Comment

Well put Brucie. Robbo has also talked, in the past, about the "living thing" especially in defence. To me it meant drilled to the point where confidence in those around you was so inherent that you concentrated only only on the role that were assigned. It was clockwork teamwork and did not require a team of stars.

It was novel to me and my generation. Used to losing 50% (100% in '66) we were happy with the near win and the odd good win over one of the front runners having an off day. Happy we were to lament the near misses and to anticipate the arrival of the new recruit who was never gonna be a saviour, that was given, but he might be star individual and wind up in the green and gold like Alan McKean did (a Dragons reject but what a stepper). We also loved the emergence of the local junior and watched his progress keenly - Barry O'Connell (brother of Wally) whom Ken Thornett said was the best schoolboy 5/8 he had ever seen ( both were alumni of Paddington Junior Tech). Later Kevin Junee, Johnny Mayes and the great Bomber Peard brought endless joy. That was the Easts way that I remember mostly. Winter afternoons on the Paddo hill at the Sportsground with the colourful racing identities in the adjacent stand, the struggles and the near losses, Both Penrith and Cronulla beat us in their first year in the comp ffs. Of course Gibson and Artie changed all that and we learned how to deal with winning for the first time in decades. It was the strangest of feelings.
                  Last edited by Paddo Colt 61; 06-11-2022, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
                    Well put Brucie. Robbo has also talked, in the past, about the "living thing" especially in defence. To me it meant drilled to the point where confidence in those around you was so inherent that you concentrated only only on the role that were assigned. It was clockwork teamwork and did not require a team of stars.

It was novel to me and my generation. Used to losing 50% (100% in '66) we were happy with the near win and the odd good win over one of the front runners having an off day. Happy we were to lament the near misses and to anticipate the arrival of the new recruit who was never gonna be a saviour, that was given, but he might be star individual and wind up in the green and gold like Alan McKean did (a Dragons reject but what a stepper). We also loved the emergence of the local junior and watched his progress keenly - Barry O'Connell (brother of Wally) whom Ken Thornett said was the best schoolboy 5/8 he had ever seen ( both were alumni of Paddington Junior Tech). Later Kevin Junee, Johnny Mayes and the great Bomber Peard brought endless joy. That was the Easts way that I remember mostly. Winter afternoons on the Paddo hill at the Sportsground with the colourful racing identities in the adjacent stand, the struggles and the near losses, Both Penrith and Cronulla beat us in their first year in the comp ffs. Of course Gibson and Artie changed all that and we learned how to deal with winning for the first time in decades. It was the strangest of feelings.
                    These are the posts why I like having you on the pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

Dropped balls.
                      Give away dumb penalties.
                      Too tried to attack.
                      Part time dummy halves.

The Roosters way!
                      After tonight you are dead right.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

After tonight you are dead right.
                        What... being farking soft and asking for heads to roll after a tight loss, a significant portion of it which was played without our 2 halves?

Comment

Working...
                        X