This question needs to be asked after tonight’s Eels game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This question needs to be asked after tonight’s Eels game

Yes we are missing Friend, Cordner & Co. Yes we had a few top players out tonight. But I don’t believe the eels are any sort of super team.

Why is it when we had all fresh and uninjured players during the first half we conceded 5 tries yet kept them scoreless all second half?

Is it our attitude or game plan or defensive technique because whatever it was, we were able to fix it in the second half? Why not the first half then?
    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

In terms of the half differential in points, I reckon you're reading too much into it.

In my opinion, the situation is this:

- our young forwards are not great. They are quite poor in defence. They don't bend the line. I am referring specifically to E Butcher, Baker, Suluka Fitita and even Crighton.
    - Sitili, N Butcher are of a good standard, especially value for what they are paid, however do need improvement
    - our prop situation moving forward is dire. When SST is gone and JWH retires we are going to struggle to intimidate most teams and struggle for go forward. Collins will be doing it all on his lonesome.
    - our communication overall on field is poor.
    - in defence there seems to be a lack of faith in the man beside.
    - I think Teddy is a good leader, but we are missing a genuine general out there. We don't have a Cronk or a Friend anymore barking out order non stop and keeping everyone in line.

Our team is relying too much on the individual talent of certain outside backs to get points at the moment. In all reality, we are 6th - 8th best team in the competition.

I think our wildcard is Robbo. I have faith that he can navigate us through a very tricky period and have the club firing again.

Comment

Trent got schooled by Arthur. Says all you need to know we are shite.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
        Yes we are missing Friend, Cordner & Co. Yes we had a few top players out tonight. But I don’t believe the eels are any sort of super team.

Why is it when we had all fresh and uninjured players during the first half we conceded 5 tries yet kept them scoreless all second half?

Is it our attitude or game plan or defensive technique because whatever it was, we were able to fix it in the second half? Why not the first half then?
        Two main things....firstly we dominated possession much more in the second half. Secondly, the scoreboard meant they played a little more conservatively in the 2nd stanza as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
          Trent got schooled by Arthur. Says all you need to know we are shite.
          Welcome back dog. Only took 2 minutes.

Comment

Parra were on tonight & when they are on with that power game they can beat all the top teams.

Comment

I didn't see half time stats but I suspect we made close to 250 tackles. Second half had a lot more stoppages. My only complaint is the way our forwards continually take the same bait, prematurely committing to tackling the half who then passes back inside to a forward running through the hole. Sitili and Egan let in two tries that way. Previous game it was Crichton who took the bait.

Comment

A side that has beaten both Penrith and the Storm can obviously play. Like Penrith and the Storm Parra have the same game plan week in week out as obviously if it's good enough to beat the two top sides then it would be good enough to beat any side if successfully implemented.

I am not sure what the Roosters game plan is as there seems to be a disconnection in both attack and defence still and they are not working as a team or play like a team that are all on the same page.

They need to come up with the solutions pretty quickly though being 7 and 8 with 9 games to go - will need to win at least 5 or maybe more of these last 9 games. to make the 8th - which maybe 7th or 8th place at best.
                • Penrith- A
                • Bye
                • Dragons - H
                • Knights - A
                • Sea Eagles- A
                • Broncos - H
                • Cowboys- H
                • Wests Tigers - H
                • Storm - A
                • Souths - H

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Parra were on tonight & when they are on with that power game they can beat all the top teams.
                  How do you reckon they would go against souffs?
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

My question is which player will get lambasted on here next week if we lose the bye?
                    "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Working...
                    X