Odds to win the comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odds to win the comp

Roosters 23 to 1 with tab.com.au, 26 to 1 with sportsbet.

For those that are sure the Roosters are going to win the comp heres your chance.

If you've got the balls & the cash go & put 10K down its a 260K return.

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

For those that are sure the Roosters are going to win the comp heres your chance.

Better still send the money to me via a cheque and I will put it to better use.

As Big Jack Gibson said " Don't bet on anything that Eats "
    Last edited by King Salvo; 06-24-2022, 11:48 PM.

Comment

So it's 25/1?

Unders in my opinion.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I think the odds of interest rates going up are significantly greater. Thus, I'm banking extra $$$ against my mortgage instead of giving it to an industry run by V'landys' mates.

Guaranteed cash in your pocket if you pay the mortgage off quicker and put aside your chump change for a dinner out with your significant other (I just had a lovely Turkish banquet and a glass of red with my wife while our son was at his Winter Wonderland school disco... all paid for using chump change that I scrounged together by selling-off junk from the garage).

Willing to shout members of the 'Pen a round of watered dowb VBs in plastic cups at our new stadium (next year) if we don't make the GF though. How about that for a bet?
        Last edited by ism22; 06-24-2022, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
          I think the odds of interest rates going up are significantly greater. Thus, I'm banking extra $$$ against my mortgage instead of giving it to an industry run by V'landys' mates.

Guaranteed cash in your pocket if you pay the mortgage off quicker and put aside your chump change for a dinner out with your significant other (I just had a lovely Turkish banquet and a glass of red with my wife while our son was at his Winter Wonderland school disco... all paid for using chump change that I scrounged together by selling-off junk from the garage).

Willing to shout members of the 'Pen a round of watered dowb VBs in plastic cups at our new stadium (next year) if we don't make the GF though. How about that for a bet?
          I’ll bet that you won’t fulfil that bet

Comment

I remember back in 2002 we were 20 to 1 around this stage of the comp, and I just recalled the conversation I had with a mate back then, we both remember it well, because I said i SHOULD have $10,000 on the Roosters at that time. I was earning good money back then, and I could afford it, I often had $500 on us to win a game.
            I didn't do it, but I did have $100 on them. I reckon I'll do the same now.
            Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 06-25-2022, 07:37 AM.

Comment

www.gamblinghelponline.org

Gamble responsibly.

Comment

Done!
                Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Well ya may as well wait until after we play Penrith and get 30 to 1

Comment

We're still the 3rd best chance to win the comp imo. Doesn't mean the mid 20s is wrong.

But no way do Brisbane or Cowboys win. And the Eels are the Eels.

So by my reckoning a full strength Roosters side with momentum would still be the least desirable proposition for the top two.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                      Well ya may as well wait until after we play Penrith and get 30 to 1
                      Yeah maybe...but if we happen to beat them and our "run" starts you've lost your 26s.

Comment

I remember back in 95 when out on the piss I put $50 on the Bulldogs to win the comp before the start of the last or second last round.
                        No idea why I put the bet on but it was paying 50-1
                        Bookies rarely get it wrong but did in this occasion but don't see us proving them wrong this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky_Fried_Rooster View Post
                          I remember back in 95 when out on the piss I put $50 on the Bulldogs to win the comp before the start of the last or second last round.
                          No idea why I put the bet on but it was paying 50-1
                          Bookies rarely get it wrong but did in this occasion but don't see us proving them wrong this season.
                          The bookies have to give enticing odds about every other team outside Penrith and Melbourne because they have plenty to lose if either of them win...... especially Penrith.

$23 is a good price for us as long as you only bet what you can afford to lose.
                          If we beat Penrith we will be back to $15.
                          I am not looking through rose coloured glasses, with a full strength team on the park we can win it if we get there..... sure it's a longshot, but aren't they the memorable ones.
                          I'd rather lose a $100 backing my team, than be a smart arsse and snipe at someone who does.
                          Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 06-25-2022, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

The bookies have to give enticing odds about every other team outside Penrith and Melbourne becaue they have plenty to lose if either of them win...... especially Penrith. $23 is a good price for us as long as you only bet what you can afford to lose. If we beat Penrith we will be back to $15. I am not looking through rose coloured glasses, with a full strength team on the park we can win it if we get there..... sure it's a longshot, but aren't they the memorable ones. I'd rather lose a $100 backing my team, than be a smart arsse and snipe at someone who does.
                            Your last sentence says it perfectly mate....Touche!

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

The bookies have to give enticing odds about every other team outside Penrith and Melbourne because they have plenty to lose if either of them win...... especially Penrith.

$23 is a good price for us as long as you only bet what you can afford to lose.
                              If we beat Penrith we will be back to $15.
                              I am not looking through rose coloured glasses, with a full strength team on the park we can win it if we get there..... sure it's a longshot, but aren't they the memorable ones.
                              I'd rather lose a $100 backing my team, than be a smart arsse and snipe at someone who does.
                              Agreed
                              Momentum is a big thing , if the chooks can keep a fit squad and our best possible team can play out the season who knows....

Those odds would be slashed if we won 4 or 5 in a row.

Comment

Working...
                              X