No announcement yet.

Is 2022 about to feel a lot like 2002?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t think we have the right balance in this squad to win a Premiership.

You can’t fluke them. Everything has to be in place and go right.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

I can't really see an imbalance in the team at present.

What do you think we lack?

Comment

If we have no more injuries and get Collins and TKO back, I think we are very well poised and balanced! But we are one injury in a key area (spine) from being marginally not good enough to topple the big boys IMO. Fingers crossed for a healthy squad
        Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Maybe one strike centre down but Momo only has to do his job. He won't get a tougher opposite than Staggs. And I'm not a big Hutch fan in the top 17.

Apart from that we're cookin!

Comment

Like I mentioned in another thread, we have more strike power in the backline than any other team in the competition..

Add to that a very tough forward pack awaiting the return of SST and Collins, so it’s all up to Robbo now!

Yes if we were closer to the top 4 it would make things a lot easier, but I feel if we can dodge the injury curse over the next 2 months we have a better chance than anyone.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken the Roosters have won the comp from sixth before and not won it when they were minor premiers. Adversity is a good thing and with a little luck the Roosters can go deep in the finals. Hell, they did it with a team stuck together with masking tape and string last year.

Comment

momentum and hopefully team continuity

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                  Maybe one strike centre down but Momo only has to do his job. He won't get a tougher opposite than Staggs. And I'm not a big Hutch fan in the top 17.

Apart from that we're cookin!
                  i agree we lack a strike centre ,but our wingers somewhat negate that i would think , and momo has been reasonable the last 5 or 6 rounds.

Comment

Cowboys looking average atm.

We are the second best team in this comp and it isn't particularly close.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

i agree we lack a strike centre ,but our wingers somewhat negate that i would think , and momo has been reasonable the last 5 or 6 rounds.
                      No team has two strike centres. And we have THE strike centre in this competition.

That's enough.

To want two is to pine for the days when we had two of the greatest centres of all time lining up together. But that was a once off.

Most Premiership teams have one star centre at most.

Comment

and i love what we're doing with joey, letting him get his hands on the ball as first receiver. in teddy and joey we have two of the best create something out of nothing players in the game

Comment

Yeah but you think we're gonna lose every week and even thought that slug Adam Reynolds was gonna tear us up two weeks ago so it's probably a good sign that you're writing us off

Comment

5 in a row. Is Tommy Smith a genius?

I didn't think we could win the last 5. Now that we have there is a different feeling. Also a lot of good things are happening. The whole backline including Momo is firing. We finally have our best spine and they are firing. JWH, Lodge and Egan Butcher are doing great. Victor, Butch and Angus all playing better every week. Even Watson has been performing as originally hoped. There are a lot of things going right at the moment. Penrith are the team to beat but apart from them we are right in it now.

Comment

The vibes are getting stronger.

2 things:
                              1. Fix up the short kick off fiasco. Nelson and Big Willie Kikau will have field days otherwise.
                              2. Teddy, only do your bat on passes when we’re up by 40.

Comment

It depends how we scramble through next two games. If we come through with zero injuries we could give it a shake .it's a big ask..if we were in fourth spot I would be more confident this team needs a week off somewhere.
                                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                                X