Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post
    2 weeks in a row there will be a few disappointed people on This forum
    Yep because those that dare criticise a player are disappointed when they perform.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
      Can throw Watson in there too he’s been brilliant since he’s just been allowed to play at lock.
      The transformation in his game is remarkable

Comment

Nats always been dependable - he is becoming more than that now - I think playing on the edge is suiting him.

I haven't watched a reply yet but was live at the game and noticed very little good from Momo and a knock on that lead to a try against us and a few other frustrating moments. Enough on here saying he played well so I will be looking for that when I watch the replay.

Watson has been great since Verrills has been back. So good to see him adding spark around the ruck for us.

Comment

I’ve never liked Butcher, called for Momo’s sacking and rated Watson as hopeless but after seeing how well they can play lately I’ve realised they were just out of form but in form they are devastating players. It also has to do with our forwards. When they are out injured our team suffers but with JWH back and now Lodge massive up the middle, our whole team’s performance has lifted greatly. I personally think Lodge has made a massive difference with Verrills slick passing getting us many tries.
          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

I love this thread very much and I hope there are valid reasons for it to be still on the front page of this forum come September...I just hit the 'like' on all of the posts..
            Last edited by redwhiteblue; 08-05-2022, 11:57 AM. Reason: grammar...must not post before coffee...
            "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Yes the death riders are conspicuously absent after a win
              Happy birthday week to us..SKD did say to me it's in the contract..no losing in first week of August..enjoy! Told ya...
              "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

In terms of who cops a heap of unfair flack, you can throw Angus Crichton in there too. He had a slow start to the season, but has been one of our best for at least two months now, and has been doing some great stuff. Almost no-one mentions it because he became one of the whipping boys here.

But on topic, a massive well done to Watson, Momo and Butcher. Nat should never have been questioned, but the other two have had some poor moments this season, and it has been great watching their turn-around. The problems that had earlier in the season aren't because of lack of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                  The transformation in his game is remarkable
                  I think the move from second dummy half to a running forward role for Watson has been the key-Robbo is not keen on a running or kicking dummy halves one has to say and thus Watson was rather constrained to a role of just passing the ball from dummy half and tackling.

Moving Keary to 5/8 and Walker to half has also improved the teams offence as well.

I think Robbo was saying about how some things worked and some haven't this year - Keary as half didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                    Butcher wouldn't look out of place in Origin.

If Liam Martin is Origin standard then I don't see why Butcher can't get a start in a Blues jersey someday. Perhaps alongside his brother.

And yet he gets ridiculed on this forum.

Baffling.
                    Butcher is a proper footballer. I watched the replay this morning, which is good for me if I have a few drinks during the live version...his involvement all over the park in attack and defense was amazing, and very high quality. Could absolutely be an Origin player in the future. We should sign him forever. Roosters fan as a kid too...

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Yes the death riders are conspicuously absent after a win
                      haven’t seen big dog in over a month

Comment

Always been a fan of Butcher never understood the bashing he copped, Momo on the other hand I can understand finally put a solid game together deserves credit where it’s due I hope he continues this form and can string a few games together was excited when he returned to us hopefully he can keep this going.

Comment

well.. I admit I thought Watson and Momo were reasonable and average, nothing overly flash, much like the team bar a couple, thought Angus not performing befitting his salary, and I fairly certain Brisbane would touch us up. After watching the Bronco's match, and displayed barely subdued volatility of passion and fire of all our blokes, I'm more than happy to elbow my way onto the bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBonkers View Post
                            well.. I admit I thought Watson and Momo were reasonable and average, nothing overly flash, much like the team bar a couple, thought Angus not performing befitting his salary, and I fairly certain Brisbane would touch us up. After watching the Bronco's match, and displayed barely subdued volatility of passion and fire of all our blokes, I'm more than happy to elbow my way onto the bandwagon.
                            Haha welcome aboard - I'm sure you were never off it - just down the back complaining about the bumpy ride.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                              Butcher, in my mind, is Mitch Aubusson mk2. Absolute gun.
                              I liken him Isaac Liu. A player who comes on, charges hard and makes their tackles and generally sticks to the game plan.

I think Isaac has been overlooked as a missing link to our pack this year.

Comment

Both Butcher's should be lifelong Roosters. I criticise the use of Nat as a prop and soft middle at times but he is always excellent in defence and safe as houses with the footy. I shudder to say this as a compliment but he is like a Melbourne Storm player. Just does his job, knows the system, makes his tackles. A great clubman. Have 100% faith in him on the edge. Sitili is a better attacker but was good for a defensive misread every game.

Momo the jury is still out for me, he has improved lately but still suspect at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X