RIP Paul Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
    They played a clip on radio last week or so at his memorial of his son giving him a father's day message.

Geez it was very hard to listen to, made me upset for some time afterwards. The poor family but especially his son whose birthday won't be the same probably ever again.

It must be such a dark place to be in for a lot of people day in day out. Thankfully theres a lot of help out there. Makes footy losses so trivial.
    That's the worst of it as it's a constant reminder now. It's happened in my family too but due to an unexpected medical episode and subsequent passing the day before another family member's birthday, the one person they were closest to also. That's why I make a big deal of remembering birthdays, not just for friends and family but for members of this forum too..it's nice to be able to reach out and wish someone well and to acknowledge the day they were born.
    "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
      They played a clip on radio last week or so at his memorial of his son giving him a father's day message.

Geez it was very hard to listen to, made me upset for some time afterwards. The poor family but especially his son whose birthday won't be the same probably ever again.

It must be such a dark place to be in for a lot of people day in day out. Thankfully theres a lot of help out there. Makes footy losses so trivial.
      It’s heart wrenching. I lost my Dad around Father’s Day and a child around my own birthday and Mother’s Day. It makes a difficult time all the more poignant. It will be very, very hard for Paul Green’s young son to have to deal with that every year on his birthday, not to mention it was all aired in public. The good thing is he will have the support of his family around him.

Comment

Working...
      X