SQUAD v TIGERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

They don't want to undo the season over this one - talk of a cricket score on here is hopefully not what the players are thinking or will play like vs Tigers. - They have a number of things to improve on going forward to reach that 80 minute performance that will be required and they are yet to produce.

The off the boil/lapse in intensity after the fast starts need to be addressed - the errors rack up during these periods - incomplete sets/errors/missed tackles and ill discipline etc.
    Indeed.

Comment

Simple. We need to win 2 of our next three games to get in the semis. This has to be no.1.

Comment

"On another note, where will Sitili fit in next season? Could he potentially be squeezed out of the first grade side?"
        Centre, as Manu will be playing Hooker.

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
          "On another note, where will Sitili fit in next season? Could he potentially be squeezed out of the first grade side?"
          Centre, as Manu will be playing Hooker.
          Sitili shouldn't be dropped.
          Him and Butcher are competeing for one spot...............the loser will be on the bench.

Comment

Momo must have such a low baseline here because tbh I think he is bang average. YES - he has improved over the last few weeks...but his carries are weak as piss! Have a look at some of the footage from last week and see how he barely makes any metres especially carrying the ball in our own half. In fact, take a look at his action and he actually looks like he is afraid of the impending impact. Compare his carries to the other outside backs and it's chalk and cheese.
            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Foxsports are reporting we may rest some players..

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...2b07b1559a1aef

Comment

Roosters to become the first team to score 100 points in a single game. Predicted score: 102-4.

Comment

In his press conference today Robbo mentioned that both SST and Collins should be available to play against the Storm next week, he also said given how close Collins two concussions were together it was decided he would sit for a month (which coincides with next weekend)

Comment

Originally posted by morley101 View Post
                    Foxsports are reporting we may rest some players..

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...2b07b1559a1aef
                    That is a dangerous move to rest players as this is a game they must win - It shows a lack of respect to your opponent as the Tigers have at times played some decent footy and they would be I assume trying to avoid finishing last on the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

That is a dangerous move to rest players as this is a game they must win - It shows a lack of respect to your opponent as the Tigers have at times played some decent footy and they would be I assume trying to avoid finishing last on the ladder.
                      I could probably get behind resting one or two. Maybe just Teddy and Walker or something.
                      You're right though; it'd look very silly if we rested players, randomly lost and didn't make the finals.

It's not what I'd be doing, but to be honest since the Tigers are without Hastings, I think realistically we could rest quite a few and win in a canter.

Comment

I find it difficult to believe that we would place any risk on this game. We have already blown points to three of the bottom teams and simply could not afford another loss.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post

I could probably get behind resting one or two. Maybe just Teddy and Walker or something.
                          You're right though; it'd look very silly if we rested players, randomly lost and didn't make the finals.

It's not what I'd be doing, but to be honest since the Tigers are without Hastings, I think realistically we could rest quite a few and win in a canter.
                          Walker??

At 19 his body should be able to handle 2 games a week.

If anyone needs a rest it’s Teddy and Toops.

Nobody will rest. This game is too important.

Comment

Unless this update about unavailable players is on the Roosters website, anything else is just gossip and clickbait..just wait for the club's game day email tomorrow or check the website if you don't subscribe to those..that is the source of truth...
                            "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

If we lose to the Tigers we'll probably have to beat both the Storm and Rabbits to make the finals. The Raiders draw has and continues to be insanely easy.

No way will Robbo take risks when we've dropped games to spud teams all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Walker??

At 19 his body should be able to handle 2 games a week.

If anyone needs a rest it’s Teddy and Toops.

Nobody will rest. This game is too important.
                                Not quite how it works. He'll recover pretty quickly, but the rigors of being bulldozed by 105kg backrowers every week will definitely have an impact on a guy of his frame until he puts on some weight.

I don't think we'll rest anyone though, except possibly Teddy. He's definitely due for a spell.
                                I'd prefer if we got the match sewn up and just took him off with 30 to go, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X