SQUAD v TIGERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post
    Surely Momo is injured. It would be extremely weird otherwise, I think?
    Anyway, should be good to see Gildart get a run. I hear he's a pretty good attacker, at the least.
    Oh come on you blokes - for some reason half this forum wants to pretend Momo has been good.

He's been bog average and that's a generous assessment - for the last two weeks he has improved to almost average.

Robbo clearly recognises this and is trying our new recruit out to see how he goes because he is looking and hoping for a stronger player.

Comment

Surely Momo is injured. It would be extremely weird otherwise, I think?
      Anyway, should be good to see Gildart get a run. I hear he's a pretty good attacker, at the least.
      If he was that good he’d be playing for The Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
        • Interchange for Wests Tigers
        • 14 Fonua Pole
        • 15Austin Dias
        • 16 Tom Freebairn
        • 17Alex Seyfarth
        Would any of these guys make another NRL side?

Surely the Roosters get the win.
        Its got to be at least a 20 point win & hopefully no injuries. Actually I'll take a 1 point win with no injuries.
        And no suspensions.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Oh come on you blokes - for some reason half this forum wants to pretend Momo has been good.

He's been bog average and that's a generous assessment - for the last two weeks he has improved to almost average.

Robbo clearly recognises this and is trying our new recruit out to see how he goes because he is looking and hoping for a stronger player.
          No, the exaggeration about how bad Momo is, is massive. And he has been completely fine since his return to the side. People get it in their head that a player is bad, and they relentlessly bag them. Same happened with Crichton. Plenty here going on about how horrendous he was, but he has easily been one of our better players since round 10 or so. People are finally starting to wake up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

If he was that good he’d be playing for The Tigers.
            You're right. We probably brought him over for no reason at all. I don't even know why he'd bother turning up tomorrow.

Comment

No, the exaggeration about how bad Momo is, is massive. And he has been completely fine since his return to the side. People get it in their head that a player is bad, and they relentlessly bag them. Same happened with Crichton. Plenty here going on about how horrendous he was, but he has easily been one of our better players since round 10 or so. People are finally starting to wake up to it.
              Agree re Angus

Comment

I'm so glad you posted this as I tried to say the same months ago but was called a happy clapper for some reason, all because I found the thread really over the top and too vitriolic against someone in an Easts jersey on an Easts forum..

Years ago when I still watched The Sunday Footy Show, they did a great segment on a Penrith player who was on minimum wage and also working on the railways to supplement his income. I can't even remember the poor bloke's name, but the idea of the segment was to point out how even though he wasn't a flashy player, he had played more consecutive games than any other player at the time, didn't bring his club into disrepute by doing something foolish and was a toiler..he just got on with the job he was paid to do..albeit minimum wage. Every club needs players who are just going to show up week after week and if they don't get first grade experience, how are they going to improve and learn to cope in the high pressure games? Not everyone is born naturally gifted like young Joseph or Sam Walker who had his dad and uncles to learn from. Flashy types can sometimes crash and burn at times..like he who shall not be named on here...we should be grateful we have all the players we do..look at mediocre clubs like Wests..which we will be doing this evening.....would you rather follow that rabble? No..didn't think so...
                "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Its good back up testing out gildart. We are very thin out wide and to trial this guy is a great move by Trent. I dont get why wests didnt stop him playing against his team
                  1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                    Its good back up testing out gildart. We are very thin out wide and to trial this guy is a great move by Trent. I dont get why wests didnt stop him playing against his team
                    it's an odd one but if he's going back there next year any experience he gets with us will help them in the long run

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                      He will be very motivated as well I assume playing against the club that is going like a busted but wouldn't give him a run. It's a perfect little scenario for him personally to stick it up them. Good luck to him

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                        Why would they? Surely they prefer playing against a guy they thought unsuitable for their top side, rather than play our best available 17?

Comment

• Maybe Gildart is playing because he would've been defending against them at training for months, and might know a thing or two? Or maybe I'm reading to much into it

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

I'm so glad you posted this as I tried to say the same months ago but was called a happy clapper for some reason, all because I found the thread really over the top and too vitriolic against someone in an Easts jersey on an Easts forum..

Years ago when I still watched The Sunday Footy Show, they did a great segment on a Penrith player who was on minimum wage and also working on the railways to supplement his income. I can't even remember the poor bloke's name, but the idea of the segment was to point out how even though he wasn't a flashy player, he had played more consecutive games than any other player at the time, didn't bring his club into disrepute by doing something foolish and was a toiler..he just got on with the job he was paid to do..albeit minimum wage. Every club needs players who are just going to show up week after week and if they don't get first grade experience, how are they going to improve and learn to cope in the high pressure games? Not everyone is born naturally gifted like young Joseph or Sam Walker who had his dad and uncles to learn from. Flashy types can sometimes crash and burn at times..like he who shall not be named on here...we should be grateful we have all the players we do..look at mediocre clubs like Wests..which we will be doing this evening.....would you rather follow that rabble? No..didn't think so...
                            Didn't even use my crystal ball for that one as not necessary but no way did I predict 72 points.... I thought maybe around 46...
                            "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Working...
                            X