Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Rabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Stay positive Tommy - you've been leading the charge this last 8 weeks. We won prelim in 18 with our star centre out and a young rookie in his place.
    Do forgive me. I had a momentary relapse when I saw Joey limp into the sheds.

But it's because I knew this late season charge was going to be special and reminiscent of 2002. The thing about 2002 though is that we were virtually full strength throughout that run and with similar luck we'd romp to the title 20 years later.

I'm now feeling confident that Joey was just having another Duges moment and being a bit dramatic.

Regardless I'm going to remain positive. The pigs remain devastating and are destroying all comers.

Last night was win 8 of 12 straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
      How good is the Lodge signing, just perfect. With Lodge, JWH & SST, Angus, Rads + the Butchers we have the best pack in the 8 & will give this comp a shake...barring injury.
      That's better mate - did you just take your pills?

Comment

• Got to watch second half on my phone when out last night looked like we were limping to the line. Watched 1st half this morning where we were completely dominant in every facet of the game. I thought young May really stood up in the second half. He is a really good prospect
        In short we won the battle but have yet to win the war.

When you trust your television
        what you get is what you got
        Cause when they own the information
        they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
          Two things above the TV coverage:

1. Ditch that horrible camera from behind the play. They missed Teddy's try while wanking around with that stupid angle.
          Yea, whoever is responsible for that needs their bum kicked every day for the rest of their life.
          "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
            Got to watch second half on my phone when out last night looked like we were limping to the line. Watched 1st half this morning where we were completely dominant in every facet of the game. I thought young May really stood up in the second half. He is a really good prospect
            In short we won the battle but have yet to win the war.
            Terrell looks to be an absolutely fantastic prospect.

Robbo develops pigs better than anyone in the comp so I can't wait to see what he'll become in a few years. Perhaps JWHs long term successor as pack leader.

Comment

• The most excellent part of last night was looking around the stadium from my bay 33 seeing a majority of roosters fans around the ground.

The best feeling.

Comment

• To my fellow chookpenners and roosters fans who say last night was a nothing game and should’ve rested our “ stars”. Let me remind you we had Radley, Toupo and Sualli out as well as collins , Sitili and Billy Smith.
                So how many more players should we have rested? Is Robbo supposed to surrender and give last night’s game away? No way I say. We pride in our jersey and what it represents. If a player goes down then next man up, just last year and the year before.
                Accidents happen. Manu could’ve been rested and played next week and got hurt in the first minute ( ala Murray last night), so my point is you okay every game to win, especially last night. The opening of OUR new stadium against our arch rivals who want to call OUR home theirs.
                If we lose next week it’ll be nkt because Manu didn’t play, it’ll be because we as a team didn’t play well enough to win. We have the players, the coach and the best possible back ups to see us through the finals, so let’s stay positive and cheer them on for as long as possible .
                BTW, I loved every moment of the stadium experience last night, and was thankful the rain stopped as soon as I sat down in the second half of the women’s game. Hope to see all of you 41000 fans again on Sunday.
                GO ROOSTERS

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lip View Post

That's better mate - did you just take your pills?
                  Hehe no I didn't. I guess once the injury let down passes & you have a sleep on it then the head clears a bit.

With Suaalii, Rads, & JWH & maybe Toops to come back then I'm excited again. Also Momo was very good on the wing & Keary is on fire ATM.

But possibly losing Manu for the year still hurts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post

Yea, whoever is responsible for that needs their bum kicked every day for the rest of their life.
                    Yes absolutely hate that camera angle. Is it a TV station brain dead idea or nrl? Get rid of it! And with all their technology they don't pick up a 2 metre forward pass to Milne from Cody walker.

Comment

• Originally posted by OMR View Post
                      To my fellow chookpenners and roosters fans who say last night was a nothing game and should’ve rested our “ stars”. Let me remind you we had Radley, Toupo and Sualli out as well as collins , Sitili and Billy Smith.
                      So how many more players should we have rested? Is Robbo supposed to surrender and give last night’s game away? No way I say. We pride in our jersey and what it represents. If a player goes down then next man up, just last year and the year before.
                      Accidents happen. Manu could’ve been rested and played next week and got hurt in the first minute ( ala Murray last night), so my point is you okay every game to win, especially last night. The opening of OUR new stadium against our arch rivals who want to call OUR home theirs.
                      If we lose next week it’ll be nkt because Manu didn’t play, it’ll be because we as a team didn’t play well enough to win. We have the players, the coach and the best possible back ups to see us through the finals, so let’s stay positive and cheer them on for as long as possible .
                      BTW, I loved every moment of the stadium experience last night, and was thankful the rain stopped as soon as I sat down in the second half of the women’s game. Hope to see all of you 41000 fans again on Sunday.
                      GO ROOSTERS
                      Damn good post! You've swung me around.

Comment

• How good was it to see Havili being made to go off after Souths tried to rort the ref and HIA rules? Touché

Comment

• Mitchell should get one of those "concerning act" letters for basically refusing to leave the field when sin-binned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post
                            The most excellent part of last night was looking around the stadium from my bay 33 seeing a majority of roosters fans around the ground.

The best feeling.
                            I was in 35 and my fears of a Souths dominant crowd were groundless. Easts everywhere.

They will send reinforcements next week however.

Comment

• We were playing for pride.
                              Playing to establish the rules..."when you come here we'll be revved up and waiting for you with every weapon in our arsenal...in every match".

Comment

• I actually don't mind SST starting at lock. Gives us 3 metre eaters to start the game.

Might be an option next week even if Radley is back.

Radley might come out all guns blazing and knock himself out again.
                                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X