Fears Manu's season could be over :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fears Manu's season could be over :(

David Riccio from the tele reporting today that there is fears Manu's season could be over. Obviously being optimistic we have to wait for official announcement but fmd this doesn't look good. Poor fella missing his second finals series in a row after a superb season, you hate to see it.

I just posted in the other thread but a minor strain would be a 1-3 week recovery which is a wide range given there’s only 4 weeks left in the season.

Anything more than minor and yes sounds like his season would be over. Very similar prognosis for Daniel Tupou.

Comment

Manu reportedly told Roosters medical staff he felt a "pop" in the calf area.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
        Manu reportedly told Roosters medical staff he felt a "pop" in the calf area.
        It may turn out he has ruptured his plantaris tendon - I had one of these - you feel a pop, there's pain but not enough loss of function to prevent you walking.

I was no elite athlete, but took 6 weeks to recover fully. I can't see Joey playing again this year. Close to best player in the comp - what a loss.

Comment

Does the other Joey take Manu's position? I hope he does.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

It may turn out he has ruptured his plantaris tendon - I had one of these - you feel a pop, there's pain but not enough loss of function to prevent you walking.

I was no elite athlete, but took 6 weeks to recover fully. I can't see Joey playing again this year. Close to best player in the comp - what a loss.
            More than a grade 1 so either a 2 or 3 - they showed him on the news update limping and there was noticeable bruising to that area of the back of his leg(calf area)

Players have access to the best medical treatment / rehab and physio etc and maybe able to shave some time off in time out of the game but Grade 2's are 6 weeks or so - Grade 3's surgery maybe required which is 3 to 4 months

Not confirmed but I would strongly doubt he will play again this season
            Last edited by King Salvo; 09-03-2022, 04:57 PM.

Comment

We need to win 4 straight without Manu, can it be done? Geez that's horrible news.

Comment

Don't know what they are drinking at Penrith but they never seem to get injured & even have the luxury of resting their whole team this week.

Comment

Reports are a grade 2 calf tear. Season over unfortunately

Comment

Grade 2 strain confirmed

https://twitter.com/nrlphysio/status...DQ-cKIqLsrAAAA

Comment

Should never have played. Can't see us going far without him, but moreso with whoever replaces him

Comment

FMD, Hard to not feel deflated with that news. What's the story with Toops? Momo, Kevin.N & Gildart it is then.

Comment

Obviously a HUGE out but I'm not ready to hit the panic alarm just yet, as I said this morning we still do have Momirovski who has won a finals series and grand final at right centre, it just likely means that Hutchison will need to remain at left centre...

Also, sucks for us but I'm happy personally for Manu that he should still be okay for the World Cup.

Comment

doesn't help but we're still a good chance to make it to the prelim. after that who knows - maybe other teams have injuries, maybe he makes it back sooner than expected. but it's one game at a time and we have to play well next week

Comment

Poor bugger.
                              Originally posted by jism
                              I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Working...
                              X