No announcement yet.

Fears Manu's season could be over :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin Nagama is a worry. He may be experienced, but defensively at times looks very lost. The first try down his wing last night he basically came up stood between the Souffs centre & winger and watched them go past on their way to the tryline. Never even in a position to make an attempt or even look like an attempt to tackle. Really praying for Toops to come back early !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
      Kevin Nagama is a worry. He may be experienced, but defensively at times looks very lost. The first try down his wing last night he basically came up stood between the Souffs centre & winger and watched them go past on their way to the tryline. Never even in a position to make an attempt or even look like an attempt to tackle. Really praying for Toops to come back early !
      Don't forget hutch as well as kevie, hutch is as slow as a wet week and hes playing in the backline, souths worked it out in the last 20 that's were they will come for us next week robbo needs to change the center pairing and both wing spots if toops does not play

Comment

Has Manu's scans been confirmed ?

Be interesting to see if it is the gastrocnemius (power muscle) or soleus (impact) muscle tear.

Cordner for instance had a soleus muscle tear and could play on - if the gastrocnemius no chance.

Depends also if it's a horizontal or vertical tear as well

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post

Don't forget hutch as well as kevie, hutch is as slow as a wet week and hes playing in the backline, souths worked it out in the last 20 that's were they will come for us next week robbo needs to change the center pairing and both wing spots if toops does not play
          Hutch has deceptive pace and not as slow as you might think and is a strong defender.

If they maintain their shape in defence and work as a unit and communicate they should be okay - It's when defence lines are passive with players not in sync i.e straight line and players being lazy. rushing out of the line one out and or coming in from the wing that give the offences the time and space to create scoring opportunities.

Need to take the time and space away from their main attacking players.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Hutch has deceptive pace and not as slow as you might think and is a strong defender.

If they maintain their shape in defence and work as a unit and communicate they should be okay - It's when defence lines are passive with players not in sync i.e straight line and players being lazy. rushing out of the line one out and or coming in from the wing that give the offences the time and space to create scoring opportunities.

True, Hutch does possess a change of pace - from slow to slower.

My ninety year old Nan Nellie has quicker feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Slower to backwards

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Hutch is actually really fast, its just that it takes him 80 mtrs to wind up .
                that's wind assisted of course

Comment

Yeah Hutch has deceptive pace, he's actually slower then he looks

Last edited by Bondicigar; 09-04-2022, 06:30 PM.

Comment

As long as we beat souffs I'll be satisfied.

Comment

Don't worry Hutch the true supporters back you and appreciate you as a player

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

I did my plantaris tendon on the tennis court. I heard a loud bang, then fell to the ground because I thought someone was firing a gun at me. Doctor said it's a useless tendon anyway and could not be fixed - it had to heal on its own and I was on crutches for a couple of weeks and struggled to walk properly for several months. That was at least 20 years ago and I've still got a misshapen calf muscle as a result.

If he's done the plantaris he may never play again. It was years before I could even put forward pressure on my toes. I couldn't even jump up and down.
                        Of course he will play again - recovery time is similar to a grade 2 calf strain - he would have access to the best medical treatment / physio and rehab

Comment

Don't worry Hutch the true supporters back you and appreciate you as a player
                          Hutch is a very good player .
                          You don't have to be fast to be a good player either Salvo. Momo is slow for a centre and im sure he would have Hutch covered.

Comment

On Matty John'sshow, he just said Manu gets scans tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                            X