Bears vs Panthers NSW Cup Week 1 Finals Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears vs Panthers NSW Cup Week 1 Finals Discussion

For anyone interested the Bears final is live on both Channel 9/Foxtel kickoff is at 3:10pm.

Be a tough match - rain and quote windy plus Penrith have mixed bag of players due to Cleary resting a dozen or so NRL players.

The commentators seem to be liking Penroth.

Bears need to be at their best though

Comment

Nice hole running from Siua Wong there.

Comment

The Commentators are forgetting two teams are playing

Comment

Bears are gifting the Riff the game - Riff have a strong wind behind them in the 2nd half as well.

The winter conditions are no good for the Bears as they have that hibernation look about them.

Half Time

Penroth 16 vs Sloppy Hibernating Bears 6

Comment

Pathetic performance. A few of the players in our top 30 today look like park footballers at best

Comment

Fletcher Baker just woeful. He can go to Toulouse.

Comment

Bad Bears Today in a very poor showing against a team of SG Ball/Jersey Flegg and Ron Massey Cup players.

Panthers 22 vs Bears 14

https://www.nswrl.com.au/draw/nsw-cu...week-1/game-1/

Next Game Bears vs winner of Bulldogs vs Eels in an elimination final next week on a day and venue to be determined.

Comment

The Bears will play the Bulldogs next week in the minor semi final - day and time TBA

Comment

Did Tom Carr play? I’ve just heard his name mentioned on here a few times and wondering if he’s NRL material.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                      Did Tom Carr play? I’ve just heard his name mentioned on here a few times and wondering if he’s NRL material.
                      Carr played today but like the rest of the Bears players had a disappointing game. Time running out for him though at 27 to get a full time NRL Contract - On the extended bench although i could not see him playing any part in the finals

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that Tom Carr has signed with the bulldogs for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                          Pathetic performance. A few of the players in our top 30 today look like park footballers at best
                          Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                            The Commentators are forgetting two teams are playing
                            To be fair only one team turned up & that was the team filled with SG Ball & lower level players. Anyone sprouting blokes like Keighran, Atoni, Baker etc as potential NRL stars are kidding themselves. Atoni will never wear the RWB, Baker is slow & lazy & doesn’t even deserve a reserve spot after that game & Keighran is average as clearly noted by Robbo.
                            Wong in a couple of years I think may make it but he didn’t really do much yesterday to warrant the hype, although he has been good all year. Carr well didn’t touch the ball or get involved. All the young forwards that have been hyped over the last 2-3 years are pretty average to be honest & I can see May & Butcher making it but blokes like DSF obviously gone & Whyte, Hau Tapuha, Thomas are bench players once or twice a year when we have serious injury issues, otherwise they can’t see them ever making it. We will certainly be buying blokes to fill these 1st grade spots in a the next few years as I don’t expect many to make it.

Comment

Bears got a soft early try and thought they had won the game, embarrassing performance against a third tier Panthers side.

Comment

Working...
                              X