Next Man Up (We Can Win Without Manu)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
    I’m proud of our year but I expect us not to go much farther due to injuries and I think we wrongfully put all our cards into our last game and played our grand final. I believe the main reason we didn’t make the top four is because of the switching of the halves. It was an unnecessary experiment which I believe has cost us our season. Can we beat South’s twice? With Toops, Manu, Collins out definitely not. But I hope I’m wrong. Manu and JWH should have been rested for the dead rubber. What might turn out to be a major tactical error in my opinion.
    It wasn’t exactly a dead rubber. That win gave us home ground advantage.
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by nayfo View Post
      With Manu out who’s going to play backup hooker

Everyone needs a backup hooker!
      Absolutely!
      FVCK CANCER

Comment

We beat souffs we win the gf. This is a true test of our make up
        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Early bookie odds:

Easts $1.55
          Souths $2.45

Bout right I think.

Souths have probably over achieved making the play-offs in my opinion. Losing Long Tall Sally and Reynolds was always going to be a big ask. They've done pretty well.

But with Vic and Toups back, Verrils to play they will find us a bit too hot again.

Bring it on.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

It wasn’t exactly a dead rubber. That win gave us home ground advantage.
            they have played there as much as us

we really need to get as close to a 50/50 crowd, so get busy buying tickets tmrw everyone.

can uncle Nick just buy all the tickets and then on sell them to just roosters supporters

Comment

Originally posted by nayfo View Post
              With Manu out who’s going to play backup hooker

Everyone needs a backup hooker!
              Ask Mickie Lane. He knows plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

they have played there as much as us

we really need to get as close to a 50/50 crowd, so get busy buying tickets tmrw everyone.

can uncle Nick just buy all the tickets and then on sell them to just roosters supporters
                Have they? So you agree with them about calling it their home ground then?
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Ask Mickie Lane. He knows plenty.
                  Gigolo’s?
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

"Originally posted by roosterchook

Im hoping we can win again. But as it was a dead rubber I was thinking well before the match to rest our top guns as the only match that matters is next week. I was surprised we fielded a full strength team considering the risk of injuries for the one that counts. But we will just have to wait and see. I feel much less confident with Manu gone.

Initially , I thought the same thing -dead rubber so rest everyone.
                    The threat of injuries or suspensions is too great.
                    But now I am coming around to the other way of thinking, which is:.
                    To make a statement for the home ground opening (its the future home, so its important,)
                    Appease the fanbase.
                    Show others that you are not scared of anyone, or anything.
                    Deal a psychological blow to the opposition, especially being 26-6 up.
                    Expose the oppositions weaknesses, and confirm//identify all your strengths and weaknesses.
                    Home ground advantage for next game.

I'd say for the coach's decisions at this time of year, it is all in , or nothing.
                    Playing Cronk in the 2018 decider is proof of that.

Sometimes there is a fine line between genius and lunacy.

Comment

IMO Friday's game was important prep and we were right to not only go hard, but also give a few depth players a shot.

The way I see it...

- Our middle is solid with JWH, Lodge and SST. Last couple of seasons we've been whipping boys against the better teams because we leak so many metres down the middle. IMO even with lesser centres, teams are gonna have to go around us if they wanna score points.

- Very few forwards are out. On top of the above we have Crichton, Butcher, Rads, Watson, Egan and May. I think it's a great pack that earns us opportunities.

- I'm gonna wait until Robbo talks about Manu & Toops but worst case scenario we still have Teddy and Sua'ali'i in our backline. IMO we've got enough guys (including forwards) who can score tries if our pigs do their job.

- Keary and Walker are arguably THE best halves pairing in the comp. The only one that I'd say is better hasn't played together for something ~2 months.

- There is 'the unknown'. I refuse to speculate about our injured backs but we don't know when they'll be back. It keeps teams guessing, which can only be a good thing IMO. Cronk style... will he play?!?

Comment

Working...
                      X