Is the Judiciary playing favourites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Judiciary playing favourites?

When it’s a rooster we get players banned finals or not. But May, Penrith's winger gets a suspended 2 week ban for being found guilty of assault. Something doesn’t seem right why Collins couldn’t serve his ban next season? One of the factors they took into account was he’d miss the finals. Why aren’t we given that consideration? I remember Slater was let off to play the GF but we had Luke Ricketson suspended for a grand final. So assault is ok for May to play in the finals but a bad tackle we get the book thrown at us. Looks like they’re going for a Penrith double. The rooster hate is so thick. JWH gets sin binned but the other player just gets warnings but stays on. About time our club lodged an official complaint of discrimination.
    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Absolutely right roosterchook. It's as disgracefully wrong decision the NRL administrator make. Appealing to the NRL about their own decisions and processes is likely to be ignored. Maybe media pressure will work?

Comment

This decision is beyond belief, absolute madness.

Comment

Agreed, Collins done the wrong thing, but I didn’t think it was a 4-week suspension at any stage. If throwing a defenceless, unaware 18yo to the ground from behind is only 2 weeks (& a delayed suspension at that), well Collins should be playing this weekend if all things are consistent.

Comment

So bad. I laughed when I first heard it, thought it was a joke. Unbelievable that they thought this was a viable option…
          Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Ridiculous again from the nrl. Incompetent run organisation. M Pearce got 8 weeks and $125,000 fine for being an idiot. It's all about business and keeping the west happy, the apparent heartland of the nrl. The Riff are good enough without getting another leg up.

The nrl... the gift that keeps on giving LOL

Comment

My understanding is that Collins got sent a letter about hip drops, which is why we didn't challenge it.

As in... it was probably a grade 1 or 2 at worst but it got upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                My understanding is that Collins got sent a letter about hip drops, which is why we didn't challenge it.

As in... it was probably a grade 1 or 2 at worst but it got upgraded.
                What you are saying they saw it as a grade 1 or 2 but because he was sent a letter about it after a previous hip drop incident they went **** it grade 3?

Issy your imagined speculated scenarios are a constant source of amusement.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

What you are saying they saw it as a grade 1 or 2 but because he was sent a letter about it after a previous hip drop incident they went **** it grade 3?

Issy your imagined speculated scenarios are a constant source of amusement.
                  Graham publicly stated that's a mechanism that they can use. Then... on Roosters Radio, Nick suggested he'd received a letter.

Where have you been the last fortnight? These letters have been discussed widely as they are anal-guy's latest fetish.

Comment

Graham publicly stated that's a mechanism that they can use. Then... on Roosters Radio, Nick suggested he'd received a letter.

Where have you been the last fortnight? These letters have been discussed widely as they are anal-guy's latest fetish.
                    Yes Annersly said when addressing the blatant Munster elbow on Walker. They get a letter and if it happens again they get a higher grade.

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post
                      Ridiculous again from the nrl. Incompetent run organisation. M Pearce got 8 weeks and $125,000 fine for being an idiot. It's all about business and keeping the west happy, the apparent heartland of the nrl. The Riff are good enough without getting another leg up.

The nrl... the gift that keeps on giving LOL
                      It's all about filling the coffers from merchandise sales. What's the bet Parra will win this year? Generations of their fans who have never seen them win..imagine how much merchandise they will buy if they do win. We still have a memorial bottle of something or other which belonged to Dad will Premiers 81' 82 & 83 slapped on the label.
                      "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Yeah I know the letters exists - I just didn't know and still don't that you can receive an upgraded grading because you got one. I don't think it works that way mate. Even if you get extra weeks for any tackle they still grade it what they believe the tackle was and then you get loading on top - they don't look at it and say it's a grade one but we will call it grade three because of your priors - they say it's a grade one which is one week but because of your priors it's 3 weeks
                        Last edited by The Lip; 09-07-2022, 09:44 AM.

Comment

They guys on NRL 360 last night absolutely went off on this, and I'm with them! Lindsay Collins gets 4 weeks for tackling around the legs like has been done for generations. Mitchell Pearce got months for pretending something. Jack de Belin missed two seasons and was found not guilty. This clown attacks a person in public from behind and throws him on a concrete floor, hitting a garbage bin and gets TWO WEEKS!.....and OH, DON'T WORRY, THERE'S SEMI-FINALS COMING UP AND YOU CAN SERVE THE FIRST TWO GAMES NEXT YEAR!.....Mind boggling and disgraceful!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I couldn’t believe it when this was mentioned on NRL 360 last night. So the Riff are teacher’s pets, as BB would say. I thought this only applied to the golden child Cleary but it seems it stretches to the whole club.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Yeah I know the letters exists - I just didn't know and still don't that you can receive an upgraded grading because you got one. I don't think it works that way mate. Even if you get extra weeks for any tackle they still grade it what they believe the tackle was and then you get loading on top - they don't look at it and say it's a grade one but we will call it grade three because of your priors - they say it's a grade one which is one week but because of your priors it's 3 weeks
                              https://www.standard.net.au/story/78...rl-crosshairs/

> "Where the match review committee feels there is a need for a personal deterrent (they can issue one)," Annesley said at his weekly briefing.

> "If the match review committee feels they are not getting a message, they have a right under the rules to say you need a stronger personal deterrent.

> "Therefore your grade-one charge will be upgraded to a grade-two charge."

> Annesley stressed he was not speaking about Asofa-Solomona individually, and said there was no hard-and-fast rule on when the review committee would issue the deterrence.
                              Last edited by ism22; 09-07-2022, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X