Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Poll) Best Roosters Prop of the modern NRL era

Pigs. Middle Forwards. Big men.

Your team lives or dies on the prop's ability to make meters and put defences on the back foot, intimidate the opposition, and have bucketloads of courage.

We've had some good ones in recent years. And our current crop will hold the key to our prospects in the finals.

Who takes the mantle for you?

1. Vote for your top prop in the poll
    2. Nominate an honorable mention
    3. Nominate your 'most underwhelming/bog average' Chooks prop in recent times.

*Note - Polls are limited to 10, therefore the focus is on the last 15 odd years.
    Sam Moa
    1.49%
    Matt Lodge
    0%
    Jarred Warea-Hargraves
    95.52%
    Sio Siua Taukeiaho
    0%
    Lindsay Collins
    0%
    Dylan Napa
    0%
    Frank-Paul Nuuasala
    0%
    Jason Ryles
    0%
    Nate Myles
    0%
    Danny Nutley
    2.99%
    Last edited by Steakface; 09-08-2022, 01:31 AM.

Who’s next best after Jared would have been a better poll

Comment

Where's Morley?

Comment

I'm going Sam Moa for my pick. Based purely on the fact that pound for pound, he was the best at what a classic prop should do best - run hard, run straight, bend the line and no self preservation. He always threw himself into the defensive line with super quick leg speed, and hit the defensive line harder than any prop in the NRL in recent times. He gave no regard for his safety, just all heart. And he barely tipped over the 100kg mark, possibly the smallest prop in recent times.

Honorable mention to Jared. Great leader, and certainly the most influential forward in terms of his ability to lift the entire pack, as well as causing angst among the opposition.

Bog average? I'll go with Napa. He was only ever good for a shoulder charge, and was a dumb as a plank of timber. An absolute pillow when hitting the line. Once the shoulder charge was outlawed, he had nothing and was moved on by Robbo quite quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
          Who’s next best after Jared would have been a better poll
          Absolutely. JWH- 4 Grand finals, 3 Premierships, 270 first grade games and counting

JHW is easily the Roosters greatest front rower since Artie Beetson

Comment

Ha honestly we don't need a poll for this JWH streets that field!

yeah Sammy Moa was great but really - in terms of what he's done for the Roosters - please

Comment

Jason Cayless, Adrian Morley and Peter Cusack were better than half this list

Comment

No one comes close to JWH.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Absolutely. JWH- 4 Grand finals, 3 Premierships, 270 first grade games and counting

JHW is easily the Roosters greatest front rower since Artie Beetson
                  Personally I think JWH is the Roosters greatest ever front rower. The man has played 270 games and counting in the engine room for one club- what a legend - the intensity which he plays with makes that even more incredible.

Artie what a champion and champion bloke I meet him a few times down at Coogee and he was always up for a chat and Rooster through and through but how many games did big Artie play for us - 131.

Comment

Jazz by a country mile. The old bull still has fire in his belly. His body might be saying "you've done enough" but he says "let's do it again".

Comment

JWH hands down ... daylight second and if anyone says/thinks otherwise ... well, you're just lying and/or hating !

In my personal opinion, JWH is better ... if not then he's up there with the likes of Glenn Lazarus, Petero Civoniceva, Shane Webcke and Matt Scott !

Comment

JWH is the best prop we’ve ever had, at least in my life time. Hell he is the best prop I’ve ever seen for any side.

he’s been in the top 3 props in the league his entire career. I can’t think of anyone who maintained that level of dominance. Big Petro is the only one who came close.

if he were an Aussie and got to play origin he’d be considered the greatest forward of all time

Comment

Craig Salvatori although out of scope of the poll time span

Comment

Jared is a solid contender for best player in any position not just best prop. We’re not the same team without him, we see evidence of that every week. Robbo must be dreading the day he retires.

Comment

JWH by the length of the straight. Honourable mention SST. Underrated sam Moa. However I can see myself developing an affinity with Lodge oh he sticks around for 3-4 years and keeps producing the form he has shown so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X