Happy anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy anniversary

This Sunday marks the 12th anniversary to that magical field goal by Anasta and that wonderful semi final win.

This Sunday is also the 12th anniversary of my second marriage. I remember sitting through the ceremony and being texted update scores by my daughter and not looking as happy as I was supposed to be. Then the smile began to appear. By the end as we stepped into the car to go home, we were in golden point extra time. When SKD scored I was flying to get home asap.
    At hone my wife asked me to help her undress, which I did at the speed of light and headed towards the living room .She asked “ where are you going?” I said “ I’m hungry and need to eat and watch the replay “. Until today she still has t forgiven me, and always says that I love the roosters more than her.
    This Sunday is our 12th anniversary and I thought I ought to do the right thing, so I’m giving her the ultimate thrill of being at a roosters- grubbitohs match and let her feel first hand what it means to be a roosters supporter.

So roosters fans I beg and plead with you , be there in numbers and cheer loudly, and boo fatrell louder , so I can get back in the good books, and my wife will forever forgive me for our wedding night.

I'll never forget that night either. Bryan Fletcher had sent one of his staff around to clean my shop windows early that morning. I was out the back making my dinner to take to the game and had just posted on here that I'd had a dream that we'd won 18-15..well I was one point off! He came around on the Monday morning and said what did you do and how did you do it? ..I'd given him tips after that for a few years up until the day before the 2016 grand final as that's the last time I'd run into him.
    That's my Dad's birthday also and whilst he never followed Easts, he always hated the old Wests Magpies. I didn't even flinch when we were down 15-2 and remember the little boy behind me having a birthday and I had said to him that he'll never see anything like that again. I often wonder where he is and how he's doing..I'm pretty sure he's still a Roosters fan..he'd be in his early 20's now as it had been his 13th birthday. Andrew Voss was sitting in front with his little boy and we'd kept an eye on him for him as he'd gone off to speak to someone just briefly as he wasn't on duty that night. After that field goal, I'd turned to someone I was with and said that I smell an SKD intercept...

I really really loved that run to the grand final series..after that we beat Penrith and then the Titans (I have that on VHS, one of my favourite games ever). So satisfying after a spoon year..

I'm in this footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZuK_iC1z80

"Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
      This Sunday marks the 12th anniversary to that magical field goal by Anasta and that wonderful semi final win.

This Sunday is also the 12th anniversary of my second marriage. I remember sitting through the ceremony and being texted update scores by my daughter and not looking as happy as I was supposed to be. Then the smile began to appear. By the end as we stepped into the car to go home, we were in golden point extra time. When SKD scored I was flying to get home asap.
      At hone my wife asked me to help her undress, which I did at the speed of light and headed towards the living room .She asked “ where are you going?” I said “ I’m hungry and need to eat and watch the replay “. Until today she still has t forgiven me, and always says that I love the roosters more than her.
      This Sunday is our 12th anniversary and I thought I ought to do the right thing, so I’m giving her the ultimate thrill of being at a roosters- grubbitohs match and let her feel first hand what it means to be a roosters supporter.

So roosters fans I beg and plead with you , be there in numbers and cheer loudly, and boo fatrell louder , so I can get back in the good books, and my wife will forever forgive me for our wedding night.
      One of the great nights. Up there with the Newcastle prelim.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Unbelievable night Still remember after not getting that penalty and as that scrum was being formed everything went dead quiet and I was thinking nah it doesn’t end like this. Then FPN dives through the scrum and we get the ball I knew it was on then I also called the intercept was on to my Brother as Fulton drifted across field looking for runners I actually didn’t think SKD was going to score till he got inside the 1/4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gHHnGIfxmVI
        Last edited by Andrew Walker; 09-08-2022, 03:53 PM.
        When you trust your television
        what you get is what you got
        Cause when they own the information
        they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Seeing as though we are on this topic I thought I should add this.

"Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

and this week is the tenth anniversary of robbo signing to coach the roosters. didn't work out too badly

Comment

The official Instagram even remembered

There are 2 photos, a video, another photo and then another video..keep clicking right..Kenny Dowall..Kenny Dowall...Kenny Dowall..Rabs going crazy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiPCP1EO..._web_copy_link
              "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

According to the NRL, we won in 2017 as well..

https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/09/08/...finals-series/

12. When it comes to Grand Finals, do you really have to lose one to win one?

It was the case for the Panthers last year, who bounced back from Grand Final heartbreak 12 months earlier to win it all. Before that the Roosters won the first of their back-to-back titles in 2017 having not played in a decider since 2013.

Comment

I famously walked out in disgust before full time. Missed all of it.

Comment

Here are some more finals flashbacks: 1 photo and 2 videos

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiRnFaXN..._web_copy_link

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                      According to the NRL, we won in 2017 as well..

https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/09/08/...finals-series/

12. When it comes to Grand Finals, do you really have to lose one to win one?

It was the case for the Panthers last year, who bounced back from Grand Final heartbreak 12 months earlier to win it all. Before that the Roosters won the first of their back-to-back titles in 2017 having not played in a decider since 2013.
                      If you are guaranteed to be in the GF the next year and win it then yes but of course it rarely works out that way . Sometimes that is the only grand final a team will play with those players.

Better to have the carpe diem mindset as you never know if you will ever get another chance

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

If you are guaranteed to be in the GF the next year and win it then yes but of course it rarely works out that way . Sometimes that is the only grand final a team will play with those players.

Better to have the carpe diem mindset as you never know if you will ever get another chance
                        I didn't expect an answer King as I was just posting the error made by the NRL website..That question didn't come from me..but thanks for replying anyway..

Comment

One of my favourite moments in Rugby League history.

Comment

Originally posted by MKCS View Post
                            One of my favourite moments in Rugby League history.
                            We'll all be sitting around in some Roosters retirement village one day talking about it still..

Comment

Was it Simon O'Dwyer who crunched Jared, which lead to the scrum?

Comment

Working...
                              X