The night is young!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The night is young!!!

I've been sitting Round at my Sydney home (~5 mins walk from the stadium) for about 45 minutes now. Wow... it's not even 7 yet and I have tomorrow off.

Any tips on a good dinner/activities? It's only me here this time so I'm just looking for something low-key (maybe around Oxford St).

---

Current feelings? Dunno how I should feel really. As soon as Teddy, Crichton and Toops were gone (before half-time) it was an up-hill battle. However, I reckon Souffs still only JUST got over the line by lying down and having some lucky penalties/6-again calls when we were looking alright.

The season's over and I blame a lot of it on our early-season form. We took way too long to click and paid for it by having an elimination final against Souffs. I dare say Souffs fans DID enter 'Roosters2022' when 'Rabbitohs2022' failed BTW as they were scattered all through Easts' members bays! Can the NRL PLEASE think up some better 'codes' next season? Souffs fans were relatively respectful but we just shouldn't have been together.

Honestly I NEVER heard a sold Easts chant throughout the same game. I'll leave my comments about the new stadium until later but it felt like we had the numbers there... just no 'soul'. All I heard was Souffs yelling about how EVERYTHING shoulda been a penalty + they 'never' got any penalties. I stood my ground but it was pretty annoying having a bunch of flaky band-wagoners in my bay, sitting in member-grade seats for the home side!!! Bay 34 REALLY shoulda been all Easts fans.

Is the stadium REALLY better than the old one? I dunno! I really didn't see any benefit. Other than a more modern looking cladding. Sigh. I'll leave these comments for later though.
    Last edited by ism22; 09-11-2022, 08:17 PM.

And we can dress real neat
    From our hats to our feet
    And surprise 'em with the victory cry

Comment

Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
      We can Dance, we can dance, everything's outta control

Comment

Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
        We can dance we can dance everybody’s taking a chance

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0QDKLglEP5Y
        When you trust your television
        what you get is what you got
        Cause when they own the information
        they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
          I've been sitting Round at my Sydney home (~5 mins walk from the stadium) for about 45 minutes now. Wow... it's not even 7 yet and I have tomorrow off.

Any tips on a good dinner/activities? It's only me here this time so I'm just looking for something low-key (maybe around Oxford St).

---

Current feelings? Dunno how I should feel really. As soon as Teddy, Crichton and Toops were gone (before half-time) it was an up-hill battle. However, I reckon Souffs still only JUST got over the line by lying down and having some lucky penalties/6-again calls when we were looking alright.

The season's over and I blame a lot of it on our early-season form. We took way too long to click and paid for it by having an elimination final against Souffs. I dare say Souffs fans DID enter 'Roosters2022' when 'Rabbitohs2022' failed BTW as they were scattered all through Easts' members bays! Can the NRL PLEASE think up some better 'codes' next season? Souffs fans were relatively respectful but we just shouldn't have been together.

Honestly I NEVER heard a sold Easts chant throughout the same game. I'll leave my comments about the new stadium until later but it felt like we had the numbers there... just no 'soul'. All I heard was Souffs yelling about how EVERYTHING shoulda been a penalty + they 'never' got any penalties. I stood my ground but it was pretty annoying having a bunch of flaky band-wagoners in my bay, sitting in member-grade seats for the home side!!! Bay 34 REALLY shoulda been all Easts fans.

Is the stadium REALLY better than the old one? I dunno! I really didn't see any benefit. Other than a more modern looking cladding. Sigh. I'll leave these comments for later though.
          Commbank and Suncorp IMO are still much better grounds to watch League. The new stadium is 'nice' but just cosmetics really, enjoyed viewing at the old SFS just as much

Comment

I wasn’t overly impressed with the stadium tonight. I must admit though the view from the stands is impressive but the toilets are a terrible set-up. The leg room when sitting down is non existent and I also thought the music was way to loud. Trying to have a conversation before the game and you had to yell for the person next to you to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

We can dance we can dance everybody’s taking a chance

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0QDKLglEP5Y
              LOL, that song is loved by so many. It is in my repertoire and I always pull it out to pick up the vibe of a dullish crowd. It always works, even though I play a rockish version of it (adding a bit of Deep Purple and Led Zep to it). Have a listen to the bridge in the original song. It is the same chord progression as Hush by Deep Purple.

Comment

Working...
              X