No announcement yet.

RTS - Return to Sydney ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love for him to return but there’s no way we could afford it.

Comment

Come on guys, we all know if Uncle Nick wants him Uncle Nick will get him. How do we know a deal hasn’t already been done years ago or some type of gentleman’s agreement. Don’t forget Shek has had a few birthdays since he left wink wink lol

Comment

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
        Come on guys, we all know if Uncle Nick wants him Uncle Nick will get him. How do we know a deal hasn’t already been done years ago or some type of gentleman’s agreement. Don’t forget Shek has had a few birthdays since he left wink wink lol
        Because it may be out of Uncle Nick's hands. I doubt we have much space in the cap, considering Lodge hasn't signed yet, if I were to estimate maybe 300/400k left. Now I think Lodge will re-sign, why, because we haven't heard any rumours about other clubs approaching him which says to me that the Roosters are his priority and he's giving us every opportunity to give him a good option. How is this relevant to RTS? Don't forget that players can't take significant pay cuts due to the NRL's valuation policy or whatever you want to call it. As such to sign RTS, I'd wager we would have to put somewhere upwards of 500k on the table as the NRL would probably value him around 750-800k. Roosters know they don't need another fullback... what they do need is a reliable prop, and are probably putting all their efforts into Lodge

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
          Just depends on a few factors. We would move on Momorovski if possible, thats 300k, is there some cap space leftover from this year,could be 150 or whatever available, thats 450. Would we be happy moving Sitili on, we have some good young Back row talent in the wings. Has Sualli let Nick know he will move onto Rugby in 24 so Roger could be upgraded in 24. Who knows, but not out of the ralms of possibility Roger spends 3 0r 4 years finishing where it all began.
          Not as simple as this. Any player released early from contract the Roosters would probably have to pay a fair chunk to play for another team... so for example, if we were to let Momo go to lets say the Tigers, I'd say we'd probably pay 200k of his contract until it's done. Same with Sitili. Also why would you release Sitili...

Comment

I wonder what would happen in terms of RTS valuation if he was signed to play wing. Does that come into it at all? Because the highest paid wingers in the NRL are on 500-600k a year.

Comment

Originally posted by MKCS View Post
              I wonder what would happen in terms of RTS valuation if he was signed to play wing. Does that come into it at all? Because the highest paid wingers in the NRL are on 500-600k a year.
              Lol!!! Why would it? We’d be the only club that would play RTS on the wing. He would be valued at LEAST 500-550K and in this day and age no winger ( maybe aside from Bizza ) is worth that much money.

RTS is no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
                How’s your Payne haas goss going mate? Last I heard, he shut down the rumour of him leaving at seasons end awards and reaffirmed his passion and love for his team and the broncos.

So he is looking very likely that he will be staying up north.

But I thought he was close to a done deal with us aye?

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

How’s your Payne haas goss going mate? Last I heard, he shut down the rumour of him leaving at seasons end awards and reaffirmed his passion and love for his team and the broncos.

So he is looking very likely that he will be staying up north.

But I thought he was close to a done deal with us aye?
                  Like i said, the unexpected left field signing of Lodge ontop of how good he is going has obviously stalled any push to sign Haas. & to be honest for the price Lodge is on i am a lot happier with this

Comment

UPDATE: From Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on his personal Instagram account:

"Hey Team, hearing a return to NRL & Sydney Roosters. As much as I enjoyed it there, I won't be heading back. Signed sealed delivered till the end of 2023 !"

Well that's the end of the rumour mill !
                    Last edited by DP1990; 10-02-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chook View Post

Of course they can, they can simply refuse to register the contract on the basis it is not market value and subverts the cap.

Chook.
                      As in my example a club signs Munster for 400k - the NRL could register the contract but will use the players nominal value for Salary Cap purposes as otherwise a club could stack their NRL squad by signing x number of the best players for unders making a mockery of the salary cap and the game.

When the Roosters signed Lodge they could have signed him to a $1 contract as after all he was still being paid by the Broncos and Warriors who also paid him out for 2023 as well.

The NRL put a nominal value on Lodge of 20k per game for 5 games (100k) likewise a nominal value for SBW.

The Roosters tried to register a 120k contract for SBW which the NRL Rejected .- ending up being 150k ( 37.500 per game for the 4 games)
                      Last edited by King Salvo; 10-02-2022, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                        UPDATE: From Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on his personal Instagram account:

"Hey Team, hearing a return to NRL & Sydney Roosters. As much as I enjoyed there, I won't be heading back. Signed sealed delivered till the end of 2023 !"

Well that's the end of the rumour mill !
                        RTS's backers manufactured the story to get the AB selectors to start picking him in the AB squads as he is very much treading water in his goal of being a permanent member of the AB team and squad and time is running out with the RWC fast approaching in 2023.

Seriously did anyone believe this - The Roosters have a fullback and 2 or 3 wanting to play Fullback in any case

Comment

• Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
                          That myth needs to die already, because it aint true.

Having Nick is an advantage, yes.

But he doesnt 'always get his man' and certainly doesnt give us the green light to get whoever we want.

RTS wont join us simply because
                          1. He is expensive
                          1. It isnt smart money management to tie up 70% if cap in 5 outside backs.

If he did come back to the NRL, it would not surprise me to see him at the likes of the Tigers as a marquee signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steakface View Post

That myth needs to die already, because it aint true.

Having Nick is an advantage, yes.

But he doesnt 'always get his man' and certainly doesnt give us the green light to get whoever we want.

RTS wont join us simply because
                            1. He is expensive
                            1. It isnt smart money management to tie up 70% if cap in 5 outside backs.

If he did come back to the NRL, it would not surprise me to see him at the likes of the Tigers as a marquee signing.
                            True. And the myth that we never lose a player we want to keep is also laughable, considering all the great players we've had to let go because of the salary cap, etc.. Article in the paper today says RTS is not considering moving anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

As in my example a club signs Munster for 400k - the NRL could register the contract but will use the players nominal value for Salary Cap purposes as otherwise a club could stack their NRL squad by signing x number of the best players for unders making a mockery of the salary cap and the game.

When the Roosters signed Lodge they could have signed him to a $1 contract as after all he was still being paid by the Broncos and Warriors who also paid him out for 2023 as well.

The NRL put a nominal value on Lodge of 20k per game for 5 games (100k) likewise a nominal value for SBW.

The Roosters tried to register a 120k contract for SBW which the NRL Rejected .- ending up being 150k ( 37.500 per game for the 4 games)
                              That's exactly what I've been trying to say, the NRL can and do reject contracts if they believe the contract subverts the cap. Even if we offered RTS 500K a year for 2023, it would be rejected based on the fact he was earning close to a Milll only last year. And it would be embarrassing if we tried it.

Chook.

Comment

Working...
                              X