RTS - Return to Sydney ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTS - Return to Sydney ?

"Expect some big off season recruitment moves Roosters fans, last time we were bundled out of the comp like that Mitchell Pearce was punted. So far, there's talk Premiership winner Roger Tuivasa-Sheck could return to Bondi to shore up our shaky outside back stocks. Would be a GREAT buy. There are also rumours Fletcher Baker will join Sam Verrills on the Gold Coast."

Source: Sydney Roosters Est. 1908 (Facebook)

Thoughts ?

I will help Baker pack

Can't see RTS returning to us

Comment

I assume Roger is willing to play for minimum wage?

Comment

RTS is a first choice FB for most teams. He won’t come back to us.

The most urgent need is to re-sign Lodge and make a play for Tapine for 2024 when JWH retires

Comment

Yep ... can't see Roger turn his back on Union which I'm sure is paying him more now than what we would potentially offer him.

Our salary cap is in a tight spot as it is so I just can't see it happening !

Comment

If Roger returns cant see Joeseph staying . In saying that cant see Roger returning .

Comment

The whole playing rugby for the All Blacks world cup dream might fall short for Roger and if it does I think he'll come back to league though I'd doubt it would be for us. Might be a cautionary tale for those thinking of switching codes.

Comment

I can't see a lot of changes to the squad for 2023 - any new additions would be internal ones such as Sandon Smith / Joshua Wong /Ethan Roberts/ Robert Toia (recovering from an ACL though) / Xavier Va'a/ Tyler Moriarty/Jordan Swann / Vuate Karawalevu /XavierChatfield-Mooka for instance whether in the full time squad or on development contracts

2022 Development Contracts - Benny Thomas / Benny Marschke and Tuku Hau Tapuha - not sure what they will do with these 3 plus Adam Keighran has a Club Option for 2023 which one would say may not be taken up by the club - Tom Carr was on the extended bench in 2022 also

21 players are signed for 2023 - leaving 9 spots available although the Roosters don't fill all 30 spots

Also noting that Billy Smith and Sitili Tupouniua are recovering from ACL's and may not be available to play until mid July 2023 plus JWH will miss the first 3 NRL games and Collins the first 2 due to their suspensions unless they serve these during the RLWC if selected which is unlikely they would do that.
                1. Renouf Atoni
                2. Fletcher Baker
                3. Egan Butcher
                4. Nat Butcher
                5. Lindsay Collins - 2 Game suspension to serve in 2023
                6. Drew Hutchison
                7. Luke Keary
                8. Joey Manu
                9. Terrell May
                10. Paul Momirovski
                11. Victor Radley
                12. Billy Smith- ACL
                13. Joseph Suaalii
                14. Brandon Smith
                15. James Tedesco
                16. Daniel Tupou
                17. Sitili Tupouniua- ACL
                18. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves - 3 Game Suspension to serve in 2023
                19. Sam Walker
                20. Connor Watson
                21. Naufahu Whyte
                Last edited by King Salvo; 09-12-2022, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Suualli can go to Union for five years, come back at 25 and be the Roosters fullback. If Teddy wants to go to 5/8th like Lockyer before him, that would be fine. Shecky has always been misused by other clubs.

Comment

Gotta love the silly season.
                    Is this from Turk's twitter account?
                    Although I think the Baker part could be on the money.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
                      RTS is a first choice FB for most teams. He won’t come back to us.

The most urgent need is to re-sign Lodge and make a play for Tapine for 2024 when JWH retires
                      Apparently we were close to getting Tapine when he and Ricky fell out last season. Would be hard to see them let him go now given how much he’s improved

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                        Suualli can go to Union for five years, come back at 25 and be the Roosters fullback. If Teddy wants to go to 5/8th like Lockyer before him, that would be fine. Shecky has always been misused by other clubs.
                        a good example for the Joeys that the grass isn’t always greener. Even though Roger won the Dally M his career has absolutely died since he left us. It’s why Manu knocked back about $500,000 a season to stay here over the Warriors

Comment

Geez they're lining up for Teddy's fullback spot ....Manu, Sualli, RTS ....can we have 4 x No.1's in the same team next year ?
                          Would love to have RTS back, but we couldnt afford him and only if he wants to play somewhere in the three-quarters .....could've done with him last sunday !

Comment

Baker going to titans? I mean I won’t miss him but another depth prop gone… who will be our props for next season? Are we going to throw Xavier and the likes in quicker then expected or… P. Haas to arrive on our doorstep will be a nice Christmas gift I’d say but won’t happen and our depth would still be an issue.

Interesting times ahead

Comment

I read an article recently saying that we were struggling to find cap room to re-sign Matt Lodge and with the squad we have for next year I think we'll re-sign Lodge and just be signing depth players really. RTS I guess would play left centre which seems odd as he'd be a million dollar fullback for many clubs.

Comment

Working...
                              X