No announcement yet.

RTS - Return to Sydney ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Providing we’ve locked in Jo, Walker. As well as Lodge, and Angus, I’d throw the kitchen sink at him! We lose Momo and Billy maybe!!

Comment

I’ve heard momo is signing a 5 year 5 million dollar deal

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
        there's a reason the rumour has come out but who knows what that reason is. rts management putting his name out there? some one close to the roosters trying to encourage suaalii to commit? pissed journos?
        In another life I used to frequent the Paddington Green, the Mandarin Club, Chinatown, Kings cross (married and in a group), the Journalist Club, ...late at night.
        "Tag along bb"...invited by friends who knew people who knew people who knew people.
        Mrs bb the 'social butterfly'.
        It was all past my bedtime even then.
        Many varied and interesting things did I see and hear.
        Journos sure did love a drink back then.
        Last edited by bondi.boy; 09-28-2022, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post
          Get off the drugs !

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            Easily the one player in the Robinson era that we lost and I never understood why.

One of my favourites to watch, still think 2015 team with RTS at the back may have been our best ever. 2019 hard to go past though.
            I felt like it was one of those situations where the Warriors blindsided everybody with sooooo much money and he did the honourable thing of signing the dotted line rather than trying to game us (like somebody else).

Can't blame the guy... IMO we all woulda done the same in his situation. Now his family's set for life financially and we've been able to use the spare cash to develop Manu, Sua'ali'i and Latrell. People can knock us as a development club but IMO nobody can argue with any of those names being good scouting picks that have become top-shelf NRL players under our mentorship.

Comment

We need an entire backline of fullbacks. Gettin close

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer View Post
                The noise coming out NZ is getting louder, mainly from past All Black players, who have said RTS is heading to the Roosters. Believe it or not.
                I don't believe it and think it's a bit of rouse from former All Blacks to kind of force AB Selectors to pick him- He will leave if you don't start picking him etc . The Rugby World Cup is in 2023 so why would he be changing codes at the end of 2022.

I think RTS best chance of playing consistently for the All Blacks is to play on the wing and not centre or fullback - he hasn't a kicking game like others at 12 and 15 do

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

The Hutchinator is a must for the 17 each week
                  Personally no, but we'll see what King Robbo does

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                    If we don't re-sign Lodge we're 'stark raving mad'.
                    Surely it's time to play Tapuha.

Those here praising JWH for being a tough guy enforcer might like to see that he'll be missing from our team for weeks at the start of the season.
                    All because he had a brain snap.
                    We'll be trying to explode out of the blocks at the start of 2023 so we don't get left behind like this season, and we'll have a prop missing.
                    Sorry, two props missing.
                    RTS?
                    Lodge is more valuable and must be signed first.
                    Can RTS even play RL to any high standard these days? Long time since he left.
                    Game is faster now.
                    JWH is serving his suspension at the RLWC

Comment

Momirovski and Watson both took pay cuts of 150k a season to sign with the Roosters. Pure jealously the dishing of certain players as It's hard for some people to see others doing something they could never do because well they were no bloody good as player themselves
                      Last edited by King Salvo; 09-29-2022, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post
                        We need an entire backline of fullbacks. Gettin close
                        Na.....we've only got one fullback.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Na.....we've only got one fullback.
                          Indeed.
                          Manu is a good replacement at Origin time.
                          Wanna be Roosters fullback?
                          Lovely, no harm in aspiring to the position...but you have to get in the queue and wait your turn as the position is not vacant.
                          The position is currently occupied by the best in the business.

Comment

Now the Tigers have come in with $6m over 5 years.

Comment

Brent Read who is the most tolerable journo in the media (not hard), says he's spoken with the club and we've distanced ourselves. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense just because of the massive amount of players we need to retain for the coming seasons.

I would say only chance RTS comes back to us is if he fails to make the WC squad next year and we are in to the last 8 rounds of the season next year. He might come for a guest stint like SBW.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

I don't believe it and think it's a bit of rouse from former All Blacks to kind of force AB Selectors to pick him- He will leave if you don't start picking him etc . The Rugby World Cup is in 2023 so why would he be changing codes at the end of 2022.

I think RTS best chance of playing consistently for the All Blacks is to play on the wing and not centre or fullback - he hasn't a kicking game like others at 12 and 15 do
                                Wing or 13 look like they would suit his skill set in rugby more than the two positions you mentioned, it just seems a waste of his talents the move to rugby when he was in his prime years.
                                I hope Suaalii doesn't make the same mistake, they are both much better suited to League with the contact and hands on ball much more often.

Comment

Working...
                                X