Roosters duo could face anger management after fiery exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosters duo could face anger management after fiery exit

According to Wide World of Sports, insiders at the club are growing frustrated with the duo’s antics, feeling they were largely to blame for the team’s untimely exit after entering the finals in untouchable form.

In the Round 25 encounter between the teams, which the Roosters won comfortably, Waerea-Hargreaves played just 13 minutes, and Radley not at all. In the elimination final they played 46 and 55 minutes respectively. That difference in minutes is apparently seen by some as a telling sign of the negative influence of their antics.

https://www.zerotackle.com/roosters-...y-exit-122911/

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mol...d-7403da2594a9

Yes play with aggression and within the rules but to play outside the rules and continue on with it does warrant addressing. This is not a one off occurrence for either player one has to say

Like I said on another post the old "softening up period" - The First team to start playing footy usually won whereas the team that kept going with this "softening up" usually lost.

This rivalry with Souths needs to be rained in as it's ridiculous to be so focused and so worked up over one game/team that particular players forget what they are there to do . i.e play football

This is also the case on this site with many a post about Souths and Souths players bordering on an obsession when there are 15 or next year 16 other teams to beat.

Beat them and any other team by playing high standard footy

I think it is unfair to pin the blame entirely on these two because Radley's first sin should not have happened and then we've seen our best player taken out with a high shot that was only a penalty then two more high shots that resulted in sin bins, tempers were always going to flare up after that especially when the hit on James Tedesco went without a sin bin. Two weeks earlier against Melbourne both players are praised for how tough and aggressive they are. I would argue that at no point did Souths play footy they carried on with the niggle all day as did we.

I don't remember at any point seeing Ashley Klein take both the captains aside and demand the players pull their heads in I think he lost control of the game very early and it spilled over in to a farcical spectacle of rugby league.

I do agree that the rivalry needs to be rained in the rivalry has been getting worse and worse since Russell Crowe took over Souths and the night that Braith Anasta was punched in the mouth 15 years ago and that has spilled in to the stands at times. This game between us and them has eclipsed the animosity between Roosters and Bulldogs in the early 2000's and very soon there is going to be crowd violence on a large scale like there was in 2004 the hatred has really been taken up another level since both teams became strong at the same time in 2013 and it has only been growing since then.

I also think that the games this year are the result of playing games without fans and in Queensland because it's clear that the players let the occasion of 40,000 fans get to them they have played Anzac Day and grand finals in front of that many but it has been 3 years since we played a game against Souths with that kind of crowd and atmosphere the fans have been waiting a long time for this match and it created a very hostile atmosphere which caused players to lose their heads.

Comment

They just need to "use their ****ing heads."

Rads is almost at the stage of being released. Send him to the Knights in exchange for Bradman Best.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

Rads is almost at the stage of being released. Send him to the Knights in exchange for Bradman Best.
        I wouldn’t say no to that!

Comment

We definitley need to change something against them we either don’t give a **** or a way too emotional….

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
            I wouldn’t say no to that!
            Radley is excellent Joe… and let’s not forget he was unfairly targeted by the officials on the weekend

I suspect he is going to knock himself out into an early retirement one of these days though… he and Smith perhaps the two most fearless players in the NRL… certainly for their size

Look forward to seeing them pair up together next year

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

Bradman Best is terrible do you even watch NRL?

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                According to Wide World of Sports, insiders at the club are growing frustrated with the duo’s antics, feeling they were largely to blame for the team’s untimely exit after entering the finals in untouchable form.
                I wouldn't believe much of this article

a) because roosters insiders don't leak in-house matters to the media

b) it was written by The Mole who doesn't get many things right and is also dirty on the club because of point a). He gets his scoops from his mates at Souths

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee Tornado View Post

I wouldn't believe much of this article

a) because roosters insiders don't leak in-house matters to the media

b) it was written by The Mole who doesn't get many things right and is also dirty on the club because of point a). He gets his scoops from his mates at Souths
                  Agreed.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Les Tricolores View Post

Radley is excellent Joe… and let’s not forget he was unfairly targeted by the officials on the weekend

I suspect he is going to knock himself out into an early retirement one of these days though… he and Smith perhaps the two most fearless players in the NRL… certainly for their size

Look forward to seeing them pair up together next year
                    No doubt he is excellent Les, but I think his constant brain explosions and time spent off the field are starting to wear thin..

The thought of him and Brandon playing in the forwards next year is intriguing and definetly something to look forward to,as long as both stay on the field for the majority of the season..

Here’s hoping

Comment

The mole via king salvo. Doesn’t that just reek of credibility.

Comment

It’s so frustrating because there is no doubt both these players are refereed differently to others, which is inherently unfair in itself. Both Radley bins were a disgrace (and so was Tatola’s BTW). He also missed 8 weeks last year for three incidents that were barely penalties. Burgess’s hit on Tedesco was worse and more dangerous than all three Radley incidents combined. And he got one-quarter of the suspension.

I can live with whatever Jared does within reason. He’s not changing who he is and how he plays now and nor should he. Not many players strike the fear of god into opponents. He does. And we’ve won three premierships on the back of his aggression. Build a ****in statue of him overlooking the new ground and rename the centre circle where he buried that grub’s head on Sunday the JWH graveyard

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                          No doubt he is excellent Les, but I think his constant brain explosions and time spent off the field are starting to wear thin..

The thought of him and Brandon playing in the forwards next year is intriguing and definetly something to look forward to,as long as both stay on the field for the majority of the season..

Here’s hoping

Hahaha Les… brilliant

Comment

No wonder Jared got angry/upset and gave it Klein in spades...after Teddy was flattened /bashed out of the game by Burgess.

Comment

Souths Walker seemed to sledge Nat Butcher, the alleged sledge causing Butcher to grab Walker by the jersey with both hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X