Joseph Suaalii to play for Samoa in RLWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zac View Post
    international league needs all the help it can get - i don't have a problem with making the rules flexible for second tier nations and allowing tonga and samoa to field strong teams
    2020 population

Tonga Population 107,697
    Samoa Population 198,410
    Fiji Population 896,444

PNG Population 8.974 million

Tonga/Samoa and Fiji will always be Tier 2 Nations

Just wondering in the years to come what type of sides will Tonga/Samoa/Fiji field especially when the parent or grand parent rule no longer applies - i.e Daniel Tupou for instance born in Australia so his children's children won't be eligible to play for Tonga under that rule.

Seems like a quick fix having these flexible rules for some and not for all in what is virtually manufacturing a world cup to have sufficient teams playing to make it look legitimate - It hides the fact of the poor development of the game at an international level.

Comment

to be fair i'd abolish all restrictions, don't differentiate between tiers 1 and 2. if someone was selected for aus one year but didn't make the cut then let them play for a country that they've got some family connection to, however small. let the best players play international league.

Comment

Working...
      X