Tomorrow's headlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrow's headlines

Apart from the predictable arze licking from the usual suspects in the media, and the wall-to-wall fawning over the 'best team this century', I'm guessing we'll see 'How the West was Won' more than once.

By the way, could Maika Sivo be any more useless in the biggest game of the year?
    1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
    1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Gutho solidified his claim to the crown with another trophy in his packed cabinet.
    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Sivo, Simmonson, Blake, Penisini...

Never seen such an average 3/4 line in a GF.

That was a cruisy ride to b2b Premierships compared to how we achieved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

I don't want to sound sour grapes but I agree. We had players injured and suspended during both our finals series as well.

The 19 Raiders would have troubled Penrith tonight. Definitely their forward pack anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

I don't want to sound sour grapes but I agree. We had players injured and suspended during both our finals series as well.

The 19 Raiders would have troubled Penrith tonight. Definitely their forward pack anyway.
          I think our 2018-2019 team would beat this Penrith team. I also think the Melbourne 2017 team beat this one

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

sam perrett, Mitch brown,Tim lafai, Corey Thompson (2014)

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

I think our 2018-2019 team would beat this Penrith team. I also think the Melbourne 2017 team beat this one
              The 2020 Storm flogged this Penrith team in the GF.

Comment

All this greatest ever talk made me remember this:

2013 -2019

3 Premierships

All Grand Final appearances won.

B2B.

3 Minor Premierships (in a row.) Did we get another in 18?

Made 3 preliminary finals.

One forgettable season. One.

In seven years.

With a penalty differential of -4689235709.

Greatness.

GO EASTS.

Comment

A lot of bitterness here. That first half Panthers performance is right up there with anything we’ve seen in a GF. Parra didn’t even play badly. They were suffocated out of it.

Comment

Will they show Art Garfunkel crying in the Parra crowd again ?

Comment

To be fair the Riff have been the better side since PVL ball. They really should have three Premierships so to only go two with the lack of injuries, we’re still the champs with what we did in 18/19. Tonight ends their Reign… 23 here come the Roosters!

Comment

Tomorrow's headlines- Nathan Cleary's chin should have won the Clive Churchill medal after leading by example all game.

Comment

One thing certain from tonight is that Penrith will be the team to beat for a few seasons yet - No other team is near them or have their ability to play footy for 80 minutes week in week out.

Simple game plan that they can wheel out week in week out - Certainly have to be the fittest team in the NRL which shows in their ability to play 80 minutes of consistent footy week in week out.

I think people need to take their rose coloured glasses off - Penrith won 4 of the 5 major Men's comps - SG Ball / Jersey Flegg/ NSW Cup/NRL so they won't be going anywhere for many seasons to come
                          Last edited by King Salvo; 10-02-2022, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by weplayforprems View Post
                            A lot of bitterness here. That first half Panthers performance is right up there with anything we’ve seen in a GF. Parra didn’t even play badly. They were suffocated out of it.
                            I'm bitter about that stich up we got at Penrith with a depleted side & was giving it to them then the calls started going their way.

Anyway congrats to them but f**k Penrith. Here come the Roosters in 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                              One can for certain from tonight is that Penrith will be the team to bet for a few seasons yet - No other team is near them or have their ability to play footy for 80 minutes.

I think people need to take their rose coloured glasses off - Penrith won 4 of the 5 major Men's comps - SG Ball / Jersey Flegg/ NSW Cup/NRL
                              I won't diminish neither applaud their achievements after the major butthurt following the full time siren of the 19 GF.

They're a good team but I follow a greater one.

Comment

Working...
                              X