No announcement yet.

2023 Rnd 1…..too early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our starting front row next year has to be Collins, Cheese and Lodge if we are to get the best out of Big J. They need to drive us forward while Jarrod comes off the bench and maintains the rage. We need to start 2023 as a powerhouse and farking kill every team we're supposed too, starting with the Dolphins. Joseph and Joseph in the centres makes me very excited, that two pronged attack will stretch defence lines and thin the middle, Keary, Walker and Teddy will see lots of space. And we must destroy the vermin when we play them, re-establish that dominance and strangle the diseased pricks to death every time. Can't wait to see what Egan Butcher does next year, that boy has to be in the 17 somewhere. Our depth for the remaining spots and bench will sort itself out, N Butcher, Crichton, Radley, May, Watson, Tupouniua, Baker, Hutch, Momo and some, dare I say it, some potential.

Already bored with the cricket, bring on 2023.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
      Our starting front row next year has to be Collins, Cheese and Lodge if we are to get the best out of Big J. They need to drive us forward while Jarrod comes off the bench and maintains the rage. We need to start 2023 as a powerhouse and farking kill every team we're supposed too, starting with the Dolphins. Joseph and Joseph in the centres makes me very excited, that two pronged attack will stretch defence lines and thin the middle, Keary, Walker and Teddy will see lots of space. And we must destroy the vermin when we play them, re-establish that dominance and strangle the diseased pricks to death every time. Can't wait to see what Egan Butcher does next year, that boy has to be in the 17 somewhere. Our depth for the remaining spots and bench will sort itself out, N Butcher, Crichton, Radley, May, Watson, Tupouniua, Baker, Hutch, Momo and some, dare I say it, some potential.

Already bored with the cricket, bring on 2023.

Chook.
      The West Indies had a go at least and were not disgraced - Certainly hard for them to get back to the halcyon days though due to the Nature of West Indian Cricket being a collection of Independent Countries and a lack of finances and infrastructure and alternative sports to play - Football and Basketball for Instance.

The Men's FIFA World Cup has been great though and is really heating up now as they get towards the pointy end of the Tournament.

FIFA being FIFA have a easy set up with 48 teams in 2026 - 8 groups of 6 with the top 2 advancing to the round of 16

No they want to come up with some other format - top 2 and best placed third place teams advance to round of 32

16 groups of three- Top 2 from each group advance to the round of 32

12 groups of four - Top 2 from each group advance and the best 8 placed - 3rd place teams advance to the round of 32

Two sides(conferences) of six groups of four - Round of 16 in each side( conference) - Top 2 in each group plus the 4 best placed third place teams and so on - The winner of each half (conference) would meet in the final
      Last edited by King Salvo; 12-05-2022, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I love how everyone wants us coming out of the blocks a million miles an hour yet we’ll prob die in the ass come second half of the season but who cares we won week 1…. We have won 3 comps doing the build up..
        injuries and the covid break have been our problems since 19

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post
          I love how everyone wants us coming out of the blocks a million miles an hour yet we’ll prob die in the ass come second half of the season but who cares we won week 1…. We have won 3 comps doing the build up..
          injuries and the covid break have been our problems since 19
          I don’t need them coming out at a million miles an hour, I just want them to beat teams like the knights, bulldogs and dragons like good teams should. We died in the last part of this season because we were forced to play sudden death footy for the last 10 weeks of the year.

Comment

Momo is back up. Let’s just hope it is only needed in Origin when Teddy and Joe are missing

Comment

It will be interesting to see what Robbo's goes with if everyone is fit minus Billy Smith & Sitilli for rd 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post
                Momo is back up. Let’s just hope it is only needed in Origin when Teddy and Joe are missing
                do you mean Sualli. isnt he ineligible for origin due to committing to Samoa. i think our ori9in losses will be Teddy, Angus, 2poo, Walker possibly. The rest like Victor, Keary, Jaz, Manu played for other countries
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post

do you mean Sualli. isnt he ineligible for origin due to committing to Samoa. i think our ori9in losses will be Teddy, Angus, 2poo, Walker possibly. The rest like Victor, Keary, Jaz, Manu played for other countries
                  No, Samoa was a tier 2 nation so I think he's still eligible. If they get elevated to tier 1, than it would be a different story in the future

Comment

Only JWH/Manu/Radley/ B.Smith would be ineligible to play SOO currently as they have played for a Tier 1 Nation.

It has always baffled me why they picked 13 as the cut off age - The rationale behind it I understand is that the player starts High School and starts playing under the International Rugby League Rules.

To be eligible as per the Origin rules, a player must have been born in NSW or Queensland, or have moved there prior to turning 13 to represent their selected state plus have not played for a Tier 1 Nation

I think the age rule will be the only criteria for SOO eligibility going forward and as early as 2023.
                    Last edited by King Salvo; 12-07-2022, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Toupo will not get picked again

Comment

Working...
                      X