No announcement yet.

Hooper interview with Robbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are in very, very safe hands with Uncle Nick and Robbo ...

Comment

My reading of that article was that Robbo saw us as being a big chance of winning last year and we screwed the pooch (no offence meant to Mitchell P).

It reminds me of 2017 - which we also could have won - so here's hoping this sets us up for the prize this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
        My reading of that article was that Robbo saw us as being a big chance of winning last year and we screwed the pooch (no offence meant to Mitchell P).

It reminds me of 2017 - which we also could have won - so here's hoping this sets us up for the prize this year.
        I definitely think our guys wanted another crack at Penrith. The feeling was that we should have got them in the 2nd round when we were down on troops, had some ridiculous calls go against us and were still leading with 20 mins to go

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

This now the third(?) year in a row the players have lost the plot vs Souths. The comments from coach and players are tiresome. Waiting for Radley to say he will "make it up to the fans" for the umpteenth time.
          Yep, it's all well & good for people to bang on about their aggression & toughness & how they are irreplaceable but in the end personal accountability is the main factor.

It's a team game. Their teammates & their fans want them on the field to have the best advantage possible to win.

Their no use in the sin bin or suspended. Surely their heads are Latrell free this year?

Comment

Personal accountability not the only factor for the loss to the vermin. The officialdom on the day was the worst I’ve seen in my 50 years of attending Easts games. A engineered result is a polite way of saying the game was fixed.

Comment

Good to hear he has challenged Lindsay aswell

Comment

Fantastic interview.

So many brilliant quotes from Robinson resonated with me and it gives me confidence in the Roosters for 2023 and beyond.

For mine this is the money shot from Robinson: “I won’t be anywhere else in the NRL. This is my home. I’ll be here or in France one day,”

Says to me he is all heart that we all know anyway . Like SST who said he couldn't play against his teammates - this speaks volumes.
                "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                  Personal accountability not the only factor for the loss to the vermin. The officialdom on the day was the worst I’ve seen in my 50 years of attending Easts games. A engineered result is a polite way of saying the game was fixed.
                  The only thing I'd hang on Robbos shoulders from last year that he didn't get right and caused us to drop some gimmies therefore putting us in the backs to the wall mentality for 9 rounds to make the semis was the walker keary switch.

This was also not helped by kearys rehab. So far apart from Watson and a lesser extent sitilli and billy (Who also had season enders) we are good to go this season.

But the one thing they have not figured out how to deal with since 18 19' is the rort and that ties into souffs style games. Verills "spear tackle" against Penrith and victors bullshit sin bin in the season finale.

Come up with a way to handle the extra pressure over the 25 or so games plus finals and you've got a premiership.

Comment

Bring on the Footyyyyyy!!!
                    Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                      Thanks for posting that most interesting article ChookMaster.
                      The Roosters are in very good hands.

As far as this season goes, are there too many cooks in the kitchen? I'll be paying attention to how the Roosters attack given the number of cooks.
                      Manou's son signed at Souffs. One less.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler View Post

Manou's son signed at Souffs. One less.
                        And here I was thinking we only poached their juniors...

Comment

Originally posted by OP
                          “I won’t be anywhere else in the NRL. This is my home. I’ll be here or in France one day,” Robinson said.
                          France or the Roosters! Reminds me of this oldie haha

Originally posted by OP
                          “We often see the character that he is and people enjoy that part of it.

“But I’ve enjoyed the footy player. The guy that’s come in to work hard, learn his role and really add a good point of difference in that ruck for us.”
                          A fair insight into why he was recruited over Verrills? I always thought Verrills was really good but had no POD.

Any experts able to elaborate on what 'point of difference in that ruck' means? I haven't watched hin like a Drizz fan woulda but my image of him is that he's impossible to tackle (nuggety build - his arms and chest in some of those beach photos with JWH / Lodge look heeectic!!!) and has a fast/cheeky play the ball that can really turn the heat up.
                          Last edited by ism22; 02-01-2023, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

Yep, it's all well & good for people to bang on about their aggression & toughness & how they are irreplaceable but in the end personal accountability is the main factor.

It's a team game. Their teammates & their fans want them on the field to have the best advantage possible to win.

Their no use in the sin bin or suspended. Surely their heads are Latrell free this year?
                            I'm with you and dice on this matter. Walk your talk Roosters.
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Great interview by Robbo, wouldn’t see any other coaches giving that much information.
                              Very excited by his comments for the year ahead and his honesty in us getting game wrong vs Souths..however for the past 4 years Souths have embarrassed us, apart from round 26 last year, and beat us both mentally and physically while also being completely out-coached. We have really struggled against them and just can’t seem to get it right..We really need to win that early round game against them to get back on track.

Comment

Working...
                              X