No announcement yet.

Roosters agree to terms with Wakefield Trinity speedster Lewis Murphy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope he goes well, looks very thin. Which is why he gives off the joe ‘Bambi’ burgess vibes.

could turn out to be an absolute cracker and a long term tupou replacement. So fingers crossed

Comment

From Wakefield Trinity Twitter page

Lewis Murphy will join
      @NRL
      team
      @sydneyroosters
      in 2024. Lewis will leave the club with our very best wishes and we thank him for his service to Wakefield Trinity.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/65419650

Last edited by Horry; 04-28-2023, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Highlights. Hope he can recover well from his ACL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAmq...its-2ndChannel

Comment

Bit concerning that we have signed this bloke off the back of his speed and agility only for him to do an ACL... still super young though so hope to see him do well although not expecting much.

Comment

wonder if the media wanks , yeah you Tallis, are gonna continue the sombrero bullshit since his only from ESL

Comment

Originally posted by Horry View Post
              Highlights. Hope he can recover well from his ACL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAmq...its-2ndChannel
              Teddy came back well from his two.

Comment

If he makes first grade we’ll have two genuine speedsters with him and Young.

Comment

I would have thought wingers would be low on the list of what the club needs. Look at who we have: Toupu, Suaalii (who is a winger at this stage of his career) Billy smith Corey Allen Jaxon Paulo and probably a couple in the reggies.
                  The team lacks an organising half, someone with a boot that can turn a team around and a goal kicker. We have three running halves in Walker , Keary and Manu but none of them are organisers. We have part time Goal kickers none of the ilk of Cleary, Reynolds, Moses and in fact most of the other teams. Our longest kicker is Drew and he is not in the side when all troops are available and I feel that they don't let him kick much anyway!
                  C'mon Trent we do love you....... we really do but I feel that you are channeling your inner Ted Lasso (The Roosters way sounds a lot like Total football for those of you that watch the show).
                  Fully utilise our reserves, consider if we have the correct staff to play Roosters football, bring Walker back in within 3 weeks and put Suaalii back where he plays best.

Comment

Sam Walker was handed a 'poisoned chalice'...according to the Daily Tele today...and has now been punted to reserve grade at his club.
                    Oh well, as Ned Kelly said standing at the gallows, "such is life".
                    Sam has plenty of company in the 'poisoned chalice' stakes.

Kyle Flanagan at his club, now in reserve grade...maybe have to go to England to salvage his career.

Boom young halves...Toby Sexton, Titans...Jake Clifford, Cowboys...Brock Lamb, Bro
                    die Croft (last year's Man of Steel at Salford), Ash Taylor, Tim Smith (2005 Dally M Rookie of the Year), Anthony Milford (upstaged now by another boom teenager Isaiya Katoa).

Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-28-2023, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Renman View Post
                      I would have thought wingers would be low on the list of what the club needs. Look at who we have: Toupu, Suaalii (who is a winger at this stage of his career) Billy smith Corey Allen Jaxon Paulo and probably a couple in the reggies.
                      The team lacks an organising half, someone with a boot that can turn a team around and a goal kicker. We have three running halves in Walker , Keary and Manu but none of them are organisers. We have part time Goal kickers none of the ilk of Cleary, Reynolds, Moses and in fact most of the other teams. Our longest kicker is Drew and he is not in the side when all troops are available and I feel that they don't let him kick much anyway!
                      C'mon Trent we do love you....... we really do but I feel that you are channeling your inner Ted Lasso (The Roosters way sounds a lot like Total football for those of you that watch the show).
                      Fully utilise our reserves, consider if we have the correct staff to play Roosters football, bring Walker back in within 3 weeks and put Suaalii back where he plays best.
                      Cleary's goalkicking success rate is 60%.
                      Sam Walker's is 73%.

Comment

Cannot win a gf without an organizer in the halves. Usually an organizing halfback and a running 5/8 are what is needed. I have hopes that Walker can learn to run the team and suspect he was dropped for his failure to do so in our last 2 losses.

Comment

There are no wing prospects in reserves.

How did you come up with 3 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Cleary's goalkicking success rate is 60%.
                            Sam Walker's is 73%.
                            Cleary is 84% ????

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

There are no wing prospects in reserves.

How did you come up with 3 weeks?
                              Isn't Pauga meant to be a gun? Admittedly, I don't watch much Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post

Isn't Pauga meant to be a gun? Admittedly, I don't watch much Cup.
                                He’s a centre.

Comment

Working...
                                X