Roosters agree to terms with Wakefield Trinity speedster Lewis Murphy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Recky62 View Post
    wonder if the media wanks , yeah you Tallis, are gonna continue the sombrero bullshit since his only from ESL
    Surely, Souffs are the new Sombrero's of the NRL.

Now the shoes on the other foot, let's see how the hypocrites justify their roster in accordance to the Salary Cap.

Oh also, shout out to LOL@Rusty you phatfuk, who once spruiked his newly owned club didn't do chequebook rugba league.....a comment aimed at his arch rivals .

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Surely, Souffs are the new Sombrero's of the NRL.

Now the shoes on the other foot, let's see how the hypocrites justify their roster in accordance to the Salary Cap.

Oh also, shout out to LOL@Rusty you phatfuk, who once spruiked his newly owned club didn't do chequebook rugba league.....a comment aimed at his arch rivals .
      Seems dodgy to me - Wighton retires from rep footy then signs with souths to play centre - mmm circumventing the salary cap to be deemed only a player and not a rep player anymore - salary cap auditors should charge souths full freight for his contract under the cap 1.1 mill.

Has this retirement from rep footy been approved - The League should say wait a minute your playing 4 more years so you should be available for rep footy still - at least next 2 years (2024/25)

I reckon their are TPA's/ratchet clauses involved and possible back ending of the contract shenanigans - back ending is supposedly not allowed anymore by the NRL

Can't believe no souths players have the so called ratchet clause in their contracts even one's signed prior to covid

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...46cd1358fcd163

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Seems dodgy to me - Wighton retires from rep footy then signs with souths to play centre - mmm circumventing the salary cap to be deemed only a player and not a rep player anymore - salary cap auditors should charge souths full freight for his contract under the cap 1.1 mill.

Has this retirement from rep footy been approved - The League should say wait a minute your playing 4 more years so you should be available for rep footy still - at least next 2 years (2024/25)

I reckon their are TPA's/ratchet clauses involved and possible back ending of the contract shenanigans - back ending is supposedly not allowed anymore by the NRL

Can't believe no souths players have the so called ratchet clause in their contracts even one's signed prior to covid

Yeah, we're always under scrutiny but when others do same there's hardly any noises made.

I'm pleased Canberra had made Souffs and the NRL accountable by sending them the 1.1M contract he refused. I've no doubt there's TPA's etc...but seriously this knuckle head is compromising say $150-200K per annum (approx $600K over 4 years) to win a premiership. Rocks for brains.

I hope it all goes pear-shaped - fark them!

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Yeah, we're always under scrutiny but when others do same there's hardly any noises made.

I'm pleased Canberra had made Souffs and the NRL accountable by sending them the 1.1M contract he refused. I've no doubt there's TPA's etc...but seriously this knuckle head is compromising say $150-200K per annum (approx $600K over 4 years) to win a premiership. Rocks for brains.

I hope it all goes pear-shaped - fark them!
          Not great odds given they’ve only won one in 51 years.

Comment

Csn this bloke play centre? Or does that mean Toops is going. Caz I doubt Lewis is coming here from England to play reserves

Comment

Originally posted by Steggles View Post

Not great odds given they’ve only won one in 51 years.
              Yeah but the NRL is gearing them up for another welfare premiership

Comment

Fatrell, Cody Wanker, Cam Murray, Cook, Campbell Graham, Wighton.... Rusty get your cheque book out

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Yeah but the NRL is gearing them up for another welfare premiership
                  Based on yet another game tonight with a flood of penalties to get them out of their own end, that welfare premiership could well be this year. Wighton might be too late!

Comment

Lewis Murphy to join Sydney Roosters in 2024 | Inside The Deal Special

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                      Left hand ball carry, good finisher, looks athletic from his leap and acceleration.

These are the type of smart signings we need to keep taking a punt on if we don't want to lose our salary sombrero status.
                      Be nice if he could carry the ball in both hands.
                      1 is better then none i suppose

Comment

Interesting to see where he fits in
                        if Tupou resigns and young allready coming do we assume paulo will find a starting spot elsewhere or stay too? Would have to imagine allan and maybe smith or momo will be on the move
                        teddy
                        sualli
                        young
                        manu
                        tupou

reserve
                        1?
                        vuate
                        smith if he is resigned
                        momo / toia
                        Murphy

Comment

He’s quick alright watch the u tube video when he scores that long range try he hits the afterburner very impressive looking forward to watching him play on the wing for us

Comment

Lewis Murphy to join Sydney Roosters in 2024 | Inside The Deal Special

He had hardly no opportunity to speak at all in that interaction. The other bloke just wouldn’t shut up

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Fatrell, Cody Wanker, Cam Murray, Cook, Campbell Graham, Wighton.... Rusty get your cheque book out
                              Man you look at that line up and have to ask how it's fair, I understand the irony of my statement being a Roosters fan but with Wighton included they'd have like 7 players who would be picked up for Origin this year (Including Wighton if he hadn't retired from rep footy). Compare it to another big club such as ours and we'd probably only have 3-4 seriously in the discussion.

I personally would have liked to have seen Wighton go to a team that hasn't firmly been in the top 4 for the past 3-4 seasons. Manly, St George maybe even Newy?

Comment

Working...
                              X